Random News Article Thread

It's true!!

article_52656ecd863e3552_1337433631_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

267073_1.jpg

cameron-holiday-460_781988c.jpg

images.jpgimages (2).jpgimages (1).jpg

actually the last one is a bit unfair - he was listening to George Osborne at the time

Last edited:
The American Right Wing continues to veer headlong into rampant ideology (and stupidity).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/todd-akin-abortion-legitimate-rape_n_1807381.html

Apparently this fella sponsored a piece of legislation with Paul Ryan (VP nominee) that distinguished between regular ole "rape" and "forced rape." Why the distinction? Because they believe only women who are victims of "forced rape" (whatever that is) can receive state funded abortions in the case of pregnancy. It passed the republican congress but was shot down eventually.

The American Right Wing continues to veer headlong into rampant ideology (and stupidity).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/todd-akin-abortion-legitimate-rape_n_1807381.html

Apparently this fella sponsored a piece of legislation with Paul Ryan (VP nominee) that distinguished between regular ole "rape" and "forced rape." Why the distinction? Because they believe only women who are victims of "forced rape" (whatever that is) can receive state funded abortions in the case of pregnancy. It passed the republican congress but was shot down eventually.

Oh come on MA, he just used the "wrong words the wrong way". I mean, that seems like a perfectly acceptable justification to me :101:

By the way, I see we're rumoured to be getting the Jags over here now for a series of NFL games, instead of the Rams. Good to see their owner Mr Khan recognising the knowledge that UK based NFL fans have on the NFL:

In all honesty, internationally, they don't know the difference between the Jaguars and the Steelers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19323783
George Galloway has been criticised by anti-rape campaigners after suggesting Julian Assange was accused of nothing more than "bad sexual etiquette".

He should answer to the charges regardless. He's acting like a prize twat, and for someone who claims to work towards freedom of information and speech to harbour up in a country that allows neither is massively hypocritical.

He should answer to the charges regardless. He's acting like a prize twat, and for someone who claims to work towards freedom of information and speech to harbour up in a country that allows neither is massively hypocritical.

I'm not sure where the hypocrisy is in that, he was already residing in a country that has extremely questionable morals and thinks nothing of suppressing freedoms.

I'm not sure where the hypocrisy is in that, he was already residing in a country that has extremely questionable morals and thinks nothing of suppressing freedoms.

Even you would find it hard to put forward a decent argument to us being as bad as Ecuador.

You've not said why you think he should be exempt from rape charges either.

Even you would find it hard to put forward a decent argument to us being as bad as Ecuador.

Britain has killed, maimed, brutalised and tortured far more people than Ecuador could ever hope to. Don't worry, you're way out in front.

You've not said why you think he should be exempt from rape charges either.

I didn't know I'd been asked, but seeing as you have, because he hasn't been accused of rape would be the simple answer.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57