Random News Article Thread

It cost 2d - that's less than one of our new pennies - when I used to have it bought for me in the 50s. What does it cost now?

I think it still cost 2d in the late 60s early 70s when I first remember it. I was more of a Beano reader myself but I always got the Dandy Annual at Christmas. A real shame.

Look forward to future posts in this series, dear members, when we find out what old folks used to pay for tea, why they didn't throw socks away and what wacky things they did with a cows intestine.

Look forward to future posts in this series, dear members, when we find out what old folks used to pay for tea, why they didn't throw socks away and what wacky things they did with a cows intestine.

Not forgetting hanging teabags on the line to dry, washing (yes washing) nappies, having Carnation tinned condensed milk poured over a slice of bread for dessert and generally making do.

Youngsters today want it all and expect it all. Not many of todays pampered lot would have survived at that time :icon_wink

Not forgetting hanging teabags on the line to dry, washing (yes washing) nappies, having Carnation tinned condensed milk poured over a slice of bread for dessert and generally making do.

Youngsters today want it all and expect it all. Not many of todays pampered lot would have survived at that time :icon_wink

I used to have that as a kid. I'm 36, does this make me old?

I think it still cost 2d in the late 60s early 70s when I first remember it. I was more of a Beano reader myself but I always got the Dandy Annual at Christmas. A real shame.

Dandy annual? For Christmas? You ****ing show-off!
We used to get the top of my Dad's boiled egg for Christmas, between four of us.
If we were lucky and Santa had been, that is.

Dandy annual? For Christmas? You ****ing show-off!
We used to get the top of my Dad's boiled egg for Christmas, between four of us.
If we were lucky and Santa had been, that is.
Tbf to my dad he always let us eat the shell,the tastiest bit as he called it.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57