Random News Article Thread

Britain has killed, maimed, brutalised and tortured far more people than Ecuador could ever hope to. Don't worry, you're way out in front.

I didn't know I'd been asked, but seeing as you have, because he hasn't been accused of rape would be the simple answer.

As far as I can tell, that's exactly what he's been accused of. If not, the people of newsnight last night were talking about a different Assange.

As far as I can tell, that's exactly what he's been accused of. If not, the people of newsnight last night were talking about a different Assange.

They must've been. They want to question him about having consensual sex without wearing a condom and for 'surprise' sex. The ****ing monster.

Last edited:
They must've been. They want to question him about having consensual sex without wearing a condom and for 'surprise' sex. The ****ing monster.

Then what was Galloway talking about with the woman who agreed to sex once then he forced himself on her the second time?

Then what was Galloway talking about with the woman who agreed to sex once then he forced himself on her the second time?

"Forced himself on her"? Hardly. That's the 'surprise' sex. They had consenting sex. She then fell asleep, he went in for seconds, she woke up. After she woke up, she didn't complain. They had consenting sex again at a later date. In between this she was tweeting and texting bragging at what a lucky girl she was and what sophisticated circles she was moving in.

He's a beast, burn him with petrol.

"Forced himself on her"? Hardly. That's the 'surprise' sex. They had consenting sex. She then fell asleep, he went in for seconds, she woke up. After she woke up, she didn't complain. They had consenting sex again at a later date. In between this she was tweeting and texting bragging at what a lucky girl she was and what sophisticated circles she was moving in.

He's a beast, burn him with petrol.

Reducto ad absurdum doesn't help anyone take your point seriously. How do we know she didn't complain? If he is so innocent why won't he talk to the police? It is completely separate to anything to do with WikiLeaks yet him and his defenders keep trying to make such a link.

Reducto ad absurdum doesn't help anyone take your point seriously.

Well then it's a good job I didn't use it then

How do we know she didn't complain?

She's made a statement

If he is so innocent why won't he talk to the police?

He's happy to talk to the police. He's objecting to being extradited when no charge has been made against him.

It is completely separate to anything to do with WikiLeaks yet him and his defenders keep trying to make such a link.

How do you know this? If he was unknown would the Swedish authorities be insisting he be extradited, without any charge being made, or would they just interview him in the UK as they routinely do with everybody else?

Last edited:
I heard he didn't like that film - something about a bear, or summat

Hang the bastard

Well then it's a good job I didn't use it then

She's made a statement

He's happy to talk to the police. He's objecting to being extradited when no charge has been made against him.

How do you know this? If he was unknown would the Swedish authorities be insisting he be extradited, without any charge being made, or would they just interview him in the UK as they routinely do with everybody else?

He can't be charged without being arrested.

www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/08/five-legal-myths-about-assange-extradition

Last edited:
That doesn't explain why they are treating him in particular differently and refusing to interview him in the UK or in the Ecuadorian Embassy

Yes it does.

In any event, we were far from
persuaded that other procedures suggested
on behalf of Mr Assange would have proved
practicable or would not have been the
subject of lengthy dispute.

It also clearly says they want to arrest him, not interview him. They can't do that in Ecuador which is why he is holed up in their embassy.

Last edited:
Yes it does.

It also clearly says they want to arrest him, not interview him. They can't do that in Ecuador which is why he is holed up in their embassy.

No it does not. They have clearly and repeatedly said that they wish to interview him.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57