Random News Article Thread

It really is time for us to tell the European Court of Human Rights to **** off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23230419

(though I don't quite understand why an earlier BBC report said that the result had gone the other way)

It really is time for us to tell the European Court of Human Rights to **** off.

"In their ruling, the judges said it was up to the national authorities to decide when such a review should take place."

Easy then. Reviews should take place when the perp is dead. Simples.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23230419

(though I don't quite understand why an earlier BBC report said that the result had gone the other way)

Since 'telling them to **** off' will involve leaving the Council of Europe and various other bodies the UK is a signatory to I'd suggest that it's not a good idea.

I think there are very, very few cases where a whole life sentence is justified.

I agree wholeheartedly. And judging by the very,very few cases in which a whole life sentence is laid down, so do the courts.

Since 'telling them to **** off' will involve leaving the Council of Europe and various other bodies the UK is a signatory to I'd suggest that it's not a good idea.

Maybe Boc just thinks that we should all say "**** off" at the building itself?

In that case the nation could avoid leaving the various bodies although I'm not sure what this plan would achieve.

Maybe Boc just thinks that we should all say "**** off" at the building itself?

In that case the nation could avoid leaving the various bodies although I'm not sure what this plan would achieve.

To clarify, Boc thinks we should say "**** off" to a system that inhibits us from making our own rules on subjects such as this and which causes us to have to go to the expense of accommodating people (hook or no hook) who really shouldn't be in this country.

I'm glad that's all cleared up :D

:081:

Can anybody advise on the removal of the splutterings of an egg mayonnaise sandwich from the innards of a computer keyboard?

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69
11Bournemouth68