Random News Article Thread

I suppose had each Party kept the money I would count that as cheating but they reckon the money will now go into Government coffers instead.

What a pity that hadn't been their first thought. They must be really happy that the Daily Mail pushed them into it.

"Is that a Lion dad?" "No Sorry son you're barking up the wrong tree there.

A Chinese zoo's supposed "African lion" was exposed as a fraud when the dog used as a substitute started barking.
A Tibetan mastiff is pictured in China, March 2013 (AFP)
The zoo in the People's Park of Luohe, in the central province of Henan, replaced exotic exhibits with common species, according to the state-run Beijing Youth Daily.

It quoted a customer surnamed Liu who wanted to show her son the different sounds animals made -- but he pointed out that the animal in the cage labelled "African lion" was barking.

Last edited:
Best bit of that article is this comment:

Gerard
I went to a zoo once that only had a dog in it . It was a shitzu

'Doctors in Australia have removed a 10-centimetre fork from inside an elderly man's penis after a bizarre sexual mishap. The 70-year-old arrived at the Canberra Hospital emergency department with a bleeding sexual organ. He told doctors he had inserted the 10cm dining fork into his urethra almost 12 hours earlier in an attempt to achieve sexual gratification. But the utensil became stuck.

'The fork was not visible but doctors were able to feel it from the outside and X-rays showed its position. Doctors considered several retrieval options before deciding to pull the fork free using forceps and "copious lubrication" while the patient was under a general anaesthetic. The elderly patient was then sent home' - Stuff.co.nz.

Erm.........

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69