Random News Article Thread

He may be able to 'send' it all together, but I doubt very much that his provider would classify that as a single text. If I send a text of over 160 characters I'm sure I get charged for an additional text.

that's Tesco for you 'every little helps'

that's Tesco for you 'every little helps'

It happened that way on Orange/EE too.

Is there a mobile provider who would allow a multi-thousand character text go through as a single SMS message? Would love to hear about that one!

Exactly. So the original story was perhaps, er, bollocks?
If he's using an iPhone he could hit 'Send' once. It would send in several very large chunks from his point of view, but would take hours and render his phone even more useless than normal for the best part of a day.

If he's using an iPhone he could hit 'Send' once. It would send in several very large chunks from his point of view, but would take hours and render his phone even more useless than normal for the best part of a day.

I thought it said he did it via a website.

Exactly. So the original story was perhaps, er, bollocks?

From the Telegraph

"Despite the length of the text, he only has to press 'send' once for each play and his phone then processes them into individual texts. His unlimited texts and calls package with O2 at £37 a month means he does not have to pay excessive charges for the multiple messages."

From the Telegraph

"Despite the length of the text, he only has to press 'send' once for each play and his phone then processes them into individual texts. His unlimited texts and calls package with O2 at £37 a month means he does not have to pay excessive charges for the multiple messages."

Not wishing to cause an issue here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the O2 fair use policy for texts is set at 12,000 per month.

Wonder how many texts of 160 characters 'Othello' or 'Hamlet' run to?

From the Telegraph

With respect, that's all an irrelevance Mr Fiddy Eight. Despite him having 'unlimited' texts, there will be a fair use policy, of probably only a few thousand, and once he has reached that limit O2 will stop sending them.

With respect, that's all an irrelevance Mr Fiddy Eight. Despite him having 'unlimited' texts, there will be a fair use policy, of probably only a few thousand, and once he has reached that limit O2 will stop sending them.

Which takes us full circle back to my original assertion that the original story is probably bollocks!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663