Random News Article Thread

Evidence proved that relaxing the licensing laws would reduce drunkenness and that by banning the cane schools would be less violent.

How did that work out?

I've no idea, but I don't see the point that you're making.

More dangerous? I appreciate the death rate from obesity is higher than death caused by drug taking but I wouldn't say more dangerous. There is a lot less chance of me dying when I eat a burger than taking an ecstasy tablet.

Certainly every bit as dangerous. :icon_wink

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1390152/Junk-food-wont-just-make-fat-shrink-brain.html

WHY FATTY FOOD IS IRRESISTIBLE

Research from the Scripps Institute in Florida suggests high-calorie foods may affect the brain in the same way as class A drugs.

These foods produce increased levels of the chemical dopamine, which produces a sense of reward.

Drugs such as cocaine and heroin also trigger a rise in dopamine levels. The theory is that both junk food and drugs overload the ‘pleasure centres’ in the brain, so achieving the same pleasure requires more stimulus. Essentially, becoming fat can cause us to develop brains that resemble a drug addict’s.

Others are less convinced about the addictive nature of junk food, however.

Deanne Jade, founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders, says: ‘You can say food is like a drug, but it doesn’t have the same properties as cocaine. We need food to live, but we don’t need drugs.’

Deanne Jade, founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders, says: ‘You can say food is like a drug, but it doesn’t have the same properties as cocaine. We need food to live, but we don’t need drugs.’

Speak for yourself Deanne

Crazy footage coming from Joplin Missouri. I appreciate there was a significant tornado in Birmingham a few years back, most of use are lucky not to witness these events.

If you can tolarate the whiney guys in the footage (excused as not sure how I would react) This is quite compelling footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Aston Villa615
3Manchester C  614
4Arsenal614
5Chelsea613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57