Random News Article Thread

police posters suggest drunk women are to blame for rape

Does it bollocks! It suggests that drunk women are more vulnerable, which is almost certainly true. And you can ask Notts if you don't believe me - he's never managed to shag a sober one.

Does it bollocks! It suggests that drunk women are more vulnerable, which is almost certainly true. And you can ask Notts if you don't believe me - he's never managed to shag a sober one.

Did you clock the link in the picture, it's more Mail bollocks.

Did you clock the link in the picture, it's more Mail bollocks.

I realised that - but I am surprised to see that they are aided and abetted by a 'Rape and Sexual Assault Support Centre' who would be far better advised to do everything they can to make sure that women stay safe.

I realised that - but I am surprised to see that they are aided and abetted by a 'Rape and Sexual Assault Support Centre' who would be far better advised to do everything they can to make sure that women stay safe.

Indeed, it's shocking sometimes how people try to ridicule anything helpful.

Are we to asume that their advice is "pretend that there isn't anyone who might want to take advantage of drunk women, get blind drunk, and if the worst happens at least you know it's not your fault!"

Last edited:
Not just the Mail, it's BBC bollox as well;http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-19091566
West Mercia Police apologise over rape campaign poster

An anti-rape charity said the posters put the blame on the victim
West Mercia police has apologised for a poster campaign which an anti-rape charity called "inappropriate."

Worcestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre claimed the Safe Night Out campaign blamed victims who had been drinking for sexual assault.

Jocelyn Anderson, from the centre, said: "It's not alcohol that causes rape, although it's a vulnerability factor, it's rapists that cause rape."

The poster appeared in pubs in the force area in July.

Det Supt Ivan Powell said: "If the campaign has caused distress, that was not our aim and I will apologise for that.

"This was not about blaming victims but putting information out to help.

"I understand there have been some concerns about the nature of the poster but I would stress what we are trying to do here is putting information out showing potential victims how to avoid becoming vulnerable."

Ms Anderson said: "The problem was the poster put the blame on to alcohol and women who are raped, suggesting if they didn't drink they could avoid rape.

"I think it's great the police have realised that the poster was giving off an inappropriate message and admitted on this occasion they got it wrong."

West Mercia Police covers Herefordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire.

Its a shame Jeff cant install it as an add on on this site, Steven would be posting tea and kittens constantly ;)

Its a shame Jeff cant install it as an add on on this site, Steven would be posting tea and kittens constantly ;)

I could easily block direct links to their site, but I can't block links that go through another site first (eg shortened links like those used by Twitter), without some clever programming.

But I don't want to start censoring what links people can post.

I could easily block direct links to their site, but I can't block links that go through another site first (eg shortened links like those used by Twitter), without some clever programming.

But I don't want to start censoring what links people can post.

Spot on.

It's the ridiculous numbers of people that read the paper (and the website) as a serious publication that are the issue. Not the levels of traffic.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57