Random News Article Thread

I'd never heard of this Ray Comfort guy wow.. what a character. The athiest's nightmare perfectly fits into the human hand with it's god designed non slip surface and soda can ring pull. This could have massive implications to the way we view copyright and patent laws.

Last edited:
They've removed it, presumably because they realised it's complete bollocks. Maybe it would be better if they just didn't publish bollocks in the first place.

Can't we just ban daily mail links, it just gives them more revenue to publish shit.

Prescott was saying on Twitter

Prescott wasn't saying anything. He just retweeted something someone else tweeted.

that some Tory MPs Twitter account was advertising Thai brides

It was about the Tory MP's website, not their Twitter account.

but some replied on Twitter that the advert was on his computer only as the ads are based on browser history.

The adverts shown on the MP's website are Google ads. Google shows ads that are based on the theme of the site, or are targeted at you based on the kind of websites you have visited recently that are also Google partners.

So the person who originally tweeted about it may have been looking for Thai brides, then went to the MP's site, and saw ads for Thai brides, and assumed that the MP had put those ads there.
The Mail's story made it look like Prescott was the one looking for Thai brides, but all he did was retweet something without checking the facts. Presumably the mail deleted it because it made them look like idiots.

The Mail's story made it look like Prescott was the one looking for Thai brides, but all he did was retweet something without checking the facts. Presumably the mail deleted it because it made them look like idiots.

Or Prescott threatened them with his lawyers?

The handbags could be up to a grand each, so could the rings. Idiots though for taking that amount with them.

I often leave three silver and diamond rings hanging about in my car, just in case of emergencies - I mean, who doesn't ??

I often leave three silver and diamond rings hanging about in my car, just in case of emergencies - I mean, who doesn't ??

I assumed their train of thought was "my wedding and engagement rings might fall off in the pool or get stolen from the locker, I'd better hide them in the car."

It'd be even more lol-able if the thieves hadn't found the rings until they read the story.

Last edited:
The idiot women at our gym will quite happily leave their designer bags unattended whilst they faff about with their hair and make up, despite warnings every so often that thieves have gratefully taken advantage of the opportunities before them.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57