Rangers to go into Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UVF, UDA & UFF are quite popular there as well

Whilst the IRA, INLA etc are popular with sections of the Celtic fans, neither is acceptable. There is no need for any of it.

Whilst the IRA, INLA etc are popular with sections of the Celtic fans, neither is acceptable. There is no need for any of it.

I wouldn't say it's 'unacceptable'. I might not like it, but I wouldn't presume to moralise on these things. Personally I'd just point and laugh at their demise

I wouldn't say it's 'unacceptable'. I might not like it, but I wouldn't presume to moralise on these things. Personally I'd just point and laugh at their demise

I worked in Northern Ireland for a lot of my early career, the whole situation on both sides was unacceptable, having to pay paramilitaries back handers to get containers through the port of Derry was unacceptable, seeing knife fights at the Christmas party was unacceptable, being stopped by paras threatening to shoot you when driving down the street was unacceptable. Glorifying the whole shit fest is unacceptable which leads me to the view that a whole lot of the SPL is unacceptable (and shit football too).

I worked in Northern Ireland for a lot of my early career, the whole situation on both sides was unacceptable, having to pay paramilitaries back handers to get containers through the port of Derry was unacceptable, seeing knife fights at the Christmas party was unacceptable, being stopped by paras threatening to shoot you when driving down the street was unacceptable. Glorifying the whole shit fest is unacceptable which leads me to the view that a whole lot of the SPL is unacceptable (and shit football too).

Yep, I hear exactly what you're saying, but declaring things as 'unacceptable' only led to 30 odd years of intransigence and brutal civil war. It isn't possible to regulate for opinions, however odious you might find them.

Yep, I hear exactly what you're saying, but declaring things as 'unacceptable' only led to 30 odd years of intransigence and brutal civil war. It isn't possible to regulate for opinions, however odious you might find them.

The unacceptable comments I made were about specific points which any reasonable person would find unacceptable, I never claimed to have any insight into a solution, I had friends on the parades commission which was a futile and horrendous job.

Anyone glorifying or revelling in the situation is damaged, deluded, deranged or sub normal.

Apparently Rangers are set to merge with Heart of Midlothian. They will be known as Heart of Midlothian Rangers Club, or HMRC for short.

It's woeful but the best I can manage at the moment. :icon_redf

Celtic and Rangers both have genuinely vile elements to their support, but I daresay Rangers edge it for the Sieg Heiling from the terraces including this wonderfully tasteful shot in Tel Aviv. I don't buy the Red Hand Salute nonsense either. It's hardly a million miles away from the political standpoint of some Rangers fans after all.

The long history of refusing to employ Catholics at the club, while Celtic's greatest ever manager was a Protestant as well as club legends like Gordon Strachan, doesn't exactly help to dispel the argument that bigotry was at the club's core for decades. Old habits die hard. Does any of this mean I'd want to see the club go under? No, I don't doubt for a second that the majority of Rangers fans are perfectly decent, pleasant human beings but that minority of fans who associate themselves with the kind of people the EDL would consider a bit on the narrow-minded side tarnish the club's image. Also, for all of Celtic's bluster, their absence from Scottish football would completely kill an already desperate SPL.

Attachments

• 29ux4r7.jpg
    29ux4r7.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Wasn't that in Wales?

Yep.

I was making a cheap gag at the thickness of the support, implying it's the kind of thing they would do.

And although it happened in Wales I strongly suspect it was English who came across the border to carry it out.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Yep.

I was making a cheap gag at the thickness of the support, implying it's the kind of thing they would do.

And although it happened in Wales I strongly suspect it was English who came across the border to carry it out.

Depending on where you read, various stories have it happening in London or Portsmouth, which is what originally led me to think it might be a friend of a friend thing. Ridiculous none-the-less.

Yep.

Kidderminster masif?

Apparently Rangers are set to merge with Heart of Midlothian. They will be known as Heart of Midlothian Rangers Club, or HMRC for short.

It's woeful but the best I can manage at the moment. :icon_redf

Celtic and Rangers both have genuinely vile elements to their support, but I daresay Rangers edge it for the Sieg Heiling from the terraces including this wonderfully tasteful shot in Tel Aviv. I don't buy the Red Hand Salute nonsense either. It's hardly a million miles away from the political standpoint of some Rangers fans after all.

The long history of refusing to employ Catholics at the club, while Celtic's greatest ever manager was a Protestant as well as club legends like Gordon Strachan, doesn't exactly help to dispel the argument that bigotry was at the club's core for decades. Old habits die hard. Does any of this mean I'd want to see the club go under? No, I don't doubt for a second that the majority of Rangers fans are perfectly decent, pleasant human beings but that minority of fans who associate themselves with the kind of people the EDL would consider a bit on the narrow-minded side tarnish the club's image. Also, for all of Celtic's bluster, their absence from Scottish football would completely kill an already desperate SPL.

Maybe they should try this. :icon_cool

Heart drug can alter racial attitudes

Rangers stepped back from the abyss after a series of developments cleared the path for any new prospective owner to dramatically take control of the club

...........the club's administrators claimed they were putting the final touches to a players’ wage-reduction package which will ensure the £4million of cuts required for the club to fulfil its remaining fixtures this season.

Whyte bought the club for just £1 from Murray but part of the condition of sale was that he paid off the £18m owed to Lloyd’s Bank. Despite initially denying it, Whyte paid Lloyd’s off with £24.4m he received by selling three years of future season tickets to London-based Ticketus.
Although the bank was effectively paid off with fans’ money, Whyte immediately laid claim to £18m in the event of an insolvency action. It is understood he has now been left in no doubt that he has no claim to this sum.

Last edited:
I would be more delighted if both clubs got wiped out, would actually make the SPL nearly interesting, that and the Celtic fans I know are all total bellends.

What if Rangers go bust?

This article reckons they could still be playing in the Scottish Premier League next season
The new company would have to apply to join the Scottish Premier League.
As per per article 11 of the SPL's rules, the six-man board would then vote on whether to approve the share transfer from the club formerly known as Rangers to the 'Newco'.
If the vote is 'yes' then the new club would be brought into the top 12.

But............
Several of the SPL's clubs are currently running with significant debts - many of which are manageable - but if Rangers were seen to liquidate, then quickly reform, thereby eliminating their debt, other clubs could view it as a way of becoming debt-free.
It would be difficult for the SPL and the SFL to argue against this course of action for other clubs if they had permitted Rangers to do so.

For all the hatred of Rangers by some, the other SPL clubs, including Celtic, would miss the revenue from 2 home games a season against them.

Which is why it's a joke.

In truth, it probably makes sense, as no Rangers in the SPL could ruin Scottish football even more. But, it's still an absolute joke that they could wipe out their debts, reform, but still be in the same place (albeit with some penalties applied).

And, if Rangers can't afford to exist now, surely the league only giving them 25% of their normal income, it would only be a matter of time until they failed again? I guess the league money is only a small part of their income, but still. It's a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69