Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those saying that Claudio isn't the main problem, it is the players; but we have to live in reality. New signings were not forthcoming, after the already agreed (and excellent) Ndidi. This says to me, that the board pulled back - and please don't say players weren't available, Hull managed to reinvigorate their defence for Heaven's sake. What sort of a draw was signing for Hull?

If Ranieri isn't backed, then he has to go. A new man might just get a reaction from the players and scrape over the line to safety - unlikely, but possible. As it stands, we are going down with a whimper.

I agree with those saying that Claudio isn't the main problem, it is the players; but we have to live in reality. New signings were not forthcoming, after the already agreed (and excellent) Ndidi. This says to me, that the board pulled back - and please don't say players weren't available, Hull managed to reinvigorate their defence for Heaven's sake. What sort of a draw was signing for Hull?

If Ranieri isn't backed, then he has to go. A new man might just get a reaction from the players and scrape over the line to safety - unlikely, but possible. As it stands, we are going down with a whimper.
Have Hull signed defenders who would improve our back four?

Have Hull signed defenders who would improve our back four?

No, they have signed defenders to improve their back 4, to give them a good chance of survival.

No, they have signed defenders to improve their back 4, to give them a good chance of survival.

But only time will tell if they survive and if we don't. It's not written in stone.

But only time will tell if they survive and if we don't. It's not written in stone.

At least they've had a go though, even with no guarantees.

At least they've had a go though, even with no guarantees.

Signing players doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Maybe it was but you're sounding far too certain.

Maybe our 2 winter signings and a couple or so of our summer signings will finally get their chance to shine and lead us out of the precarious position we find ourselves in.

My point is, we've signed a defender who people have written off because they've never heard of them. Signing more players you've never heard of isn't a better option.

Maybe I've missed something but I don't remember that many seriously slagging off that signing. The general consensus seems to be more along the lines of the idea that it wasn't enough. The way we are defending at the minute I'd chuck anyone in at CB and how Fuchs keeps getting in ahead of Chilwell is one of Ranieri's massive and continuous cluster ****s this season...

The guy (CR) is in turmoil and needs help. I think the kind thing to do is to move him into a more administrative role - dunno what - and bring in a new coach/manager - dunno who.

The guy (CR) is in turmoil and needs help. I think the kind thing to do is to move him into a more administrative role - dunno what - and bring in a new coach/manager - dunno who.
Glad that's sorted then.

rather than replace why can't we just bring in another coach to join the coaching staff. Pearson did this a fair bit with success.

Gary Rowett is not doing anything.

All this negativity about Claudio - I don't agree, he has connections. Remember last year he made a magnificent coup and brought in Andreas Botticelli? Okay, we haven't heard from him much since, but I'm sure he could be persuaded to take one of the places in our back four....

You need to not throw hyperbolic hysteria into your posts. I read them and then comment on the parts that I think need comment.
Have you just learned the word 'hyperbolic'? You're using it in every other post you make and I'm still unsure as to whether you know what it means. None of my posting is 'hysterical'. It seems that this is another word you don't understand. If you start reading whole posts instead of looking for snippets you can understand then you may, one day, make some sense. Like I said, I actually made it clear that I thought Ranieri should stay - I've made this point twice to you now but you still don't seem to grasp it. It's quite sweet really that you keep on trying though.

Being reported on R5L this morning, there's "massive discontent" in the changing room.

I think opinions over whether Ranieri should be sacked are moot, it's just a question of when.

Oddly, I feel far less disappointed about it than I did when we sacked Nige.

I've listened to the clip on the beebs web page. I don't recall 'massive discontent' being said, in fact what I heard was one guy repeating what had been written in papers. But for the mention of Shinji saying he/they were confused as to what to do without the ball, I don't recall there being anything new. I'll listen again.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04s3vw1

No, didn't hear it. I'm guessing the above clip wasn't the entire feature.

I thought the guy was very vague tbh, spouting even. He's implying that Ranieri's changing a tried and trusted system week in, week out then points to Chelsea and Southampton games as evidence. Fact is, those are the only (significant) occasions and Ranieri acknowledges the mistake. He says there's been hours notice of a changes, and again cites on example (Copenhagen) implying it's common place. Mountains and molehills spring to mind. Fact is, CR has by-and-large stuck with the same players (much to the annoyance of many here, and rightly so) - and changed little. A large part if the discontent is caused by lack of results.

I'm not saying that there isn't problems but it hasn't reached mutiny - yet.

Last edited:
But for the mention of Shinji saying he/they were confused as to what to do without the ball, I don't recall there being anything new. I'll listen again.

This seems fairly significant to me, as in massively ****ing significant.

They don't know what to do without the ball?

Seems we have a fairly obvious clue as to why we are completely ****ing useless at defending despite the fact we also can't attack.

This seems fairly significant to me, as in massively ****ing significant.

They don't know what to do without the ball?

It may be more significant if they actually knew what to do with the ball.

Shinji should know that without the ball he should run around like a headless chicken and then fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669