Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means this to me too.

The Thais sacked NP for disrepect, they will keep CR through respect.

I think in the long-term this is a positive policy from the club.
I agree.

Means this to me too.

The Thais sacked NP for disrepect, they will keep CR through respect.

It is admirable, don't see it from many clubs these days but it's not always in the best interests of the club. Look at Derby when they kept Clough on for god knows how long waiting for improvement when it was painfully obvious it was never coming. That said, the financial situation is the main worry for me so if there is a wage drop on the cards in the event of getting relegated than at least the club has had the sense to do that this time around. Really hope that is true, because I can't see Ranieri turning this around this season and we obviously don't want the club to be risking entering admin or at risk of closure that we came painfully close to due to chronic mismanagement a decade or two ago.

Yep, the club can hold its head up high in relegation! ;)

Well we bucked the trend in winning, didn't we? Why shouldn't we also buck it in going down? What cost loyalty, they ask. Millions of pounds is probably the answer!

Doesn't sound as though I'm supportive does it? Just to be clear, I am. I think it's exactly the right thing for the club to do.

I actually disagree.

Unlike the majority of votes of confidence this one sounds absolutely unwavering in it's support of the man. They will not sack him, regardless Imo.

A great message from the club in my opinion and I hope it makes those wanting this bloke sacked stop and have a think.

There is only one man who deserves to take the managers seat in the dugout for the upcoming Champions League games and it's Claudio.

Now, if ANY of the players don't feel they can give 100% for this bloke then they should go to the owners today and let them know that they are weak minded backstabbers who no longer want to represent this club, and then the owners should tell them to **** off and not bother coming back.

Yup, hes going nowhere.

I agree with those who read the club statement as fact, rather than the first stage to dismissal. Whether one was in favour of change, or no, this thread now becomes irrelevant and we have to get behind Claudio and the players.

I agree with those who read the club statement as fact, rather than the first stage to dismissal. Whether one was in favour of change, or no, this thread now becomes irrelevant and we have to get behind Claudio and the players.

Or claudio and some of the players.

Releasing a public statement is an unusual move for the club. They didn't feel the need to publicly reconfirm their support for Pearson when he had us deep in the mire two years ago. I can't see the club pandering to the media and there has been no large scale dissent yet in the stands that might require a response. If they wanted to send a message to the players they could have easily done it in private, and from what i've seen of the club over the last few years anything that can be kept private is kept private.

I don't know. To me this does feel much more like a dreaded vote of confidence than a literal one. I don't think the FA Cup will trigger anything, but another meek loss in the league against Swansea and I think Claudio is gone.

Releasing a public statement is an unusual move for the club. They didn't feel the need to publicly reconfirm their support for Pearson when he had us deep in the mire two years ago. I can't see the club pandering to the media and there has been no large scale dissent yet in the stands that might require a response. If they wanted to send a message to the players they could have easily done it in private, and from what i've seen of the club over the last few years anything that can be kept private is kept private.

I don't know. To me this does feel much more like a dreaded vote of confidence than a literal one. I don't think the FA Cup will trigger anything, but another meek loss in the league against Swansea and I think Claudio is gone.
I don't wish to be rude but that's codswallop.

Neither were really votes of confidence. The first was in response to speculation that they'd been tapping up Harry Redknapp. The 2nd was an absolutely necessary clarification after the fake sacking incident. They're not the same as issuing a totally voluntary vote of confidence as they have done today.

Maybe the board are sending out a message to everyone else at the club. CR stays and anyone amongst the playing staff or players who doesn't like it can go.

Which part of it?

You are aware votes of confidence end in the manager being sacked in many, possibly even most cases?
In most cases I would agree with you but in this case their word is important, and if they say he stays, I 100% believe they will be good to their word.

They have something that most other owners couldn't dream of and it's called loyalty.

They believed NP was disloyal and acted inappropriately in supporting his son publicly even though I think they would accept that privately blood is thicker than water.

We are incredibly fortunate to have such principled and generous owners imo.

In most cases I would agree with you but in this case their word is important, and if they say he stays, I 100% believe they will be good to their word.

They have something that most other owners couldn't dream of and it's called loyalty.

They believed NP was disloyal and acted inappropriately in supporting his son publicly even though I think they would accept that privately blood is thicker than water.

We are incredibly fortunate to have such principled and generous owners imo.

What happened to their loyalty when they practically pushed Pearson out to bring in Sousa?

They don't call it a dreaded vote of confidence for nothing. If we lose against Swansea he'll be out the door.

What happened to their loyalty when they practically pushed Pearson out to bring in Sousa?

They don't call it a dreaded vote of confidence for nothing. If we lose against Swansea he'll be out the door.

Who calls it a dreaded vote of confidence?

Wasn't it Mandaric who was in charge when Pearson was allowed to talk to Hull?

Yep.

They were fairly swift in sacking Sven. I don't know if there was more going on than just the league table position there but I remember we were fairly surprised at the time. Maybe they had a look at Richie Wellens' new contract and took immediate action.

They didn't.

I could be wrong but I think the whole Sousa/Pearson thing was the owners working in the background.

Even if they are loyal, that will only stretch too far. I wonder how loyal they'll be if we're bottom of the table come Sunday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669