Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT'S ENOUGH!

This over dramatic vilification of the players and the owners just has to stop, and stop right now.

I for one, am looking forward to Monday night to see what sort of team is put out and how we all respond, players and fans alike.

I'll be supporting the players and giving them every encouragement as long as they are seen to be putting in the right effort.

It's immensely sad that Ranieri had to go. If the players weren't responding to him any longer regarding tactics, formation and effort then there was no alternative.

So it's ok to sack Ranieri, but the players are untouchable ?

It's ok to blindly assume that it's all the manager's fault, and celebrate his dismissal, but then it's ludicrous to assume it's actually the players' fault ?
No, not at all. I don't personally think its black and white in either direction. I'm certainly not celebrating anything this season though I am pleased we've taken action to try and remove at least some of the problem.

THAT'S ENOUGH!

This over dramatic vilification of the players and the owners just has to stop, and stop right now.

I for one, am looking forward to Monday night to see what sort of team is put out and how we all respond, players and fans alike.

I'll be supporting the players and giving them every encouragement as long as they are seen to be putting in the right effort.

It's immensely sad that Ranieri had to go. If the players weren't responding to him any longer regarding tactics, formation and effort then there was no alternative.
Great post.

So it's ok to sack Ranieri, but the players are untouchable ?

It's ok to blindly assume that it's all the manager's fault, and celebrate his dismissal, but then it's ludicrous to assume it's actually the players' fault ?

If we sacked everyone who was culpable for the shambles of this season, we'd be sacking every player and each one of the coaching staff. Then we wouldn't be able to even put out a team.

I don't think I've seen anyone say it's all the manager's fault. Those like me who think it was the right decision are saying that everyone needs to take their portion of the blame, but ultimately it doesn't matters who's fault is it because the only thing that can be changed right now is the manager.

is it not also fair to say Ranieri has been directly and indirectly culpable too?

He's paid by losing his job. How have the players paid?

The players are assets rather than employees in the football world. It's not fair that they don't share the same fate, but it is the reality. Especially with the transfer window system for players.

They are only assets if we can sell them. The shower we have are just sitting taking their wages. That's not an asset. I bet there are some players that it would be impossible for us to sell because no-one even on a free would be willing to pay their wages.

Schmeichel comes across as a wanker there to me. That interview leaves me in no doubt they stabbed the manager in the back.

Completely agree. Noticed how fidgety he gets when asked about players complaining to owners. He categorically admits to not being good on enough on the pitch but will refuse to, with confidence, say the same about whether certain players and owners had discussions about management.

When asked about tears shed he makes no reference to players feeling bad, but only to Ranieri being "an emotional guy."

Ya'll may crucify me for this but based on that interview, it stinks of players rebelling.

Great to see and hear that. I believe what he says. Why would he lie?

He was totally honest in what he said. For whatever reason, the players have not been good enough.

I don't know if he lied and I hope that he didn't but the answer to your question is that he would lie to cover his ass.

sounded a bit petulant and childish to me.

THAT'S ENOUGH

I'm sorry you should think that because it isn't how I feel. It was from sheer exasperation about the almost total one-sidedness of people who can never have been privy to the facts, coming to the conclusion that it is all the fault of the players asking the owners to get rid of Ranieri

I'm sorry you should think that because it isn't how I feel. It was from sheer exasperation about the almost total one-sidedness of people who can never have been privy to the facts, coming to the conclusion that it is all the fault of the players asking the owners to get rid of Ranieri

As you know. I'm not always right. ;)

Schmeichel comes across as a wanker there to me. That interview leaves me in no doubt they stabbed the manager in the back.

Agreed. And without directly admitting it, he's saying that players can (and did) moan directly to the owners whenever they wanted.

Pretty meaningless Rorschach test of an interview. If you believe Schmeichel to lead the mutiny, you will see a lying back-stabber. If you think he's telling the truth, well, you can just go on what he says.

Can't say I'm much the wiser after that and I doubt I will be - at least until the autobiographies come out.

Can't say I'm much the wiser after that and I doubt I will be - at least until the autobiographies come out.
....with different versions of the truth, so we won't be much the wiser after that either, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669