Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

I feel numb. I wanted Ranieri to stay but understand why the owners made this decision. We were in free fall. Football has lost its soul and I am confused. How does a fan react to this?

FIF

We were a fairytale because of our exploits on the pitch and our unique attitude off the pitch. The owners just shat on the second and the players have shat on the first.

camberwell fox

We were a fairytale because of our exploits on the pitch and our unique attitude off the pitch. The owners just shat on the second and the players have shat on the first.
Brilliantly put FIF.

camberwell fox

Like many I feel even more upset today than I did yesterday and indeed the day before.

Something that I believed existed in isolation and brilliant polar opposite to all other clubs and businesses of football has been destroyed and torn apart.

I truly believed our owners were big on loyalty and their word. We now know this to be untrue.

I'm sure my anger and disgust as to how our great manager has been treated will fade, right now I hate LCFC, something that over the last 42 years of support I never thought I would say.

I really hope every single players name is booed on Monday as the team is announced and I accept that this is unfair on some who have acted correctly but I feel as fans we should vent our distain at their tretchary.

Bastards.

camberwell fox

So we're going to boo our own players based on rumours and hearsay of fallouts? I'd suggest some people probably should go and support whoever Ranieri winds up managing next....
They could be (quite rightly) booed for over 20 gutless and spineless efforts this season but as fans we have been fully behind them.

You thinking that the players and perhaps some of the bacroom staff have not had a large say so in Claudio getting the sack is niaive in the extreme.

City Fan

I really hope every single players name is booed on Monday as the team is announced and I accept that this is unfair on some who have acted correctly but I feel as fans we should vent our distain at their tretchary.

Yes that will help us avoid relegation. I suggest you stay at home.

TornadoShaunUK

I didn't say I don't think they did that. Having said that, I know about as much as you do about what went on in the background which is **** all.

I think some people are a bit clouded by the fact that he seems like such a nice bloke. Ultimately Ranieri has been as baffling as any of the players this year with his team selections, tactics, substitutions etc. I don't care what anyone says, we were definitely for the drop under Ranieri this year. Some people would have been happy to accept that given last year's success. For me, if you are prepared to accept relegation then you have to be confident of mounting a good challenge for a return next season and with how much of a decline we've seen this year and Ranieri's inexperience of Championship football coupled with the fact we'd lose a number of our top players is a recipe for disaster.

Looking at this season in isolation we have a manager who is expected not to get relegated and been able to spend £60m or so in order to achieve that modest target. On a side that previously won the title to boot. It has been a colossal underachievement. Sure there's an element of Ranieri falling on his own sword in a sense, the players have to take their share of the blame but the manager takes responsibility and that's how it is. To suggest it's all on the players and Ranieri is faultless is naïve in itself after what we've seen from him this season.

The rest is all hearsay and speculation whether it has any foundation or not.

For me, it's a real shame and a tough decision but the right one. Sometimes it takes this kind of shock therapy to get a reaction from the players, Lord knows Ranieri certainly wasn't able to garner it.

City Fan

I didn't say I don't think they did that. Having said that, I know about as much as you do about what went on in the background which is **** all.

I think some people are a bit clouded by the fact that he seems like such a nice bloke. Ultimately Ranieri has been as baffling as any of the players this year with his team selections, tactics, substitutions etc. I don't care what anyone says, we were definitely for the drop under Ranieri this year. Some people would have been happy to accept that given last year's success. For me, if you are prepared to accept relegation then you have to be confident of mounting a good challenge for a return next season and with how much of a decline we've seen this year and Ranieri's inexperience of Championship football coupled with the fact we'd lose a number of our top players is a recipe for disaster.

Looking at this season in isolation we have a manager who is expected not to get relegated and been able to spend £60m or so in order to achieve that modest target. On a side that previously won the title to boot. It has been a colossal underachievement. Sure there's an element of Ranieri falling on his own sword in a sense, the players have to take their share of the blame but the manager takes responsibility and that's how it is. To suggest it's all on the players and Ranieri is faultless is naïve in itself after what we've seen from him this season.

The rest is all hearsay and speculation whether it has any foundation or not.

For me, it's a real shame and a tough decision but the right one. Sometimes it takes this kind of shock therapy to get a reaction from the players, Lord knows Ranieri certainly wasn't able to garner it.

Bang on the money.

fitz

Booing is usually counter productive but our support of these lot has also been that. They're all Bertie Big Bollocks and have no issue with not trying in order to achieve their goal of getting Claudio sacked but have had support of the fans throughout. I don't think they should be booed, hissing would be much more appropriate.

LeeCovFox

I won't be booing them. But not can I bring myself to cheer them. A good performance against Liverpool, as much as I want the points, would almost be an insult.

Micky

I wonder what Claudio would want for us from now on? I bet with out a shadow of a doubt he would wish for survival and improved performances. Maybe we should think in a similar way.

City Fan

I wonder what Claudio would want for us from now on? I bet with out a shadow of a doubt he would wish for survival and improved performances. Maybe we should think in a similar way.

Don't be silly. He'll be at the KP on Monday night booing and hissing.

SwedeFox

I won't be booing them. But not can I bring myself to cheer them. A good performance against Liverpool, as much as I want the points, would almost be an insult.
The thought of a smug Vardy celebration on Monday has really left me conflicted inside.

Brown Nose

I would be appalled to hear booing of our own players - whatever you might think of them. It's just self defeating.

I did a post a few days ago advocating exactly this. Booing our own players is a very symbolic and important thing that I've seen have a massive galvanising effect on individuals and teams over the years. When players perform really poorly, they know it. When they're cheered anyway, it's creates fearless mediocrity.

Yes, being booed can make some players shrink even further and others start to hate their own fans, but so what if it works? Remember Drinkwater hated us for a couple of years after we booed him incessantly for a horrific series of performances a few years back. It didn't do him any harm. Creating a siege mentality is a tried and tested route out of trouble. I'd rather cheer a team to success as we did last season, but there is a place for hounding them to success too.

There is too much emphasis on being liked nowadays. Sometimes it's more effective for all concerned not to be liked. There have been no consequences for being shit for our players this season. Had we collectively turned against the players earlier, Ranieri may not have lost his job.

Feriol

A Lot of things have gone wrong this season...

Having won the title, and pursuaded/insisted that our star players stay at the club, we then start with the 40 points and avoid relegation mantra. With confidence at a high you then tell the players that they are not really very good and you don't believe they will do much better than survive, that is sure to lower morale. Especially for the likes of Mahrez who would want to do significantly better.

Our pre-season wasn't taken seriously and the players started the season unfit. I know the tournament and the travelling wasn't ideal but it seemed to viewed as an extended holiday, other teams managed to get their players ready in the same circumstances so we really should have been more focused and professional.

Our work in the transfer market was woeful, not only in the quality of player we bought, but also our neglecting the weakest areas of our squad completely. There have been comments from other clubs about how difficult we have been to deal with in transfer dealings which has hampered our ability to get the players we needed.

The players were given a licence to underperform and rest in the premier league to focus on the champions league games. this is unprofessional and has lead to a lack of focus and subsequently confidence.

Our worst performing players have been undroppable. Quite how Vardy, Mahrez and Fuchs have played so many games is staggering, especially when Gray and Chillwell have looked dramatically better options whenever they have played, Even Ulloa did more in his short cameos than Vardy manages in entire games, but poor performances seemed to be rewarded.

When finnally tactics or personnel were changed there was clearly confussion as to how these should be applied. Whether it is true or not that these changes were announced only hours before kickoff, it is clear that the preperation was inadequate.

Whether or not the players rebelled against Ranieri, there was clearly problems in the dressing room (Ulloa the obvious example) which repeated team meetings and 'open and frank discussions' were unable to resolve.

On the pitch we see our 'best' players pointing and blaming each other, and nobody taking responsibility.

As manager Ranieri shares at least some of the blame for all of these issues with the possible exception of recruitment (I don't know how involved he was) and as manager he was responsible for solving these problems.

Most of these problems should have been evident to the manager even before the season started, but there has been no percievable progress toward resolving any of them.

I love Ranieri, I lauded his arrival at the club, and will continue to adore him for what he helped us to achieve, but other than sentiment I can't make a case for him being retained after this seasons issues.

Fox Fan

A Lot of things have gone wrong this season...

Having won the title, and pursuaded/insisted that our star players stay at the club, we then start with the 40 points and avoid relegation mantra. With confidence at a high you then tell the players that they are not really very good and you don't believe they will do much better than survive, that is sure to lower morale. Especially for the likes of Mahrez who would want to do significantly better.

Our pre-season wasn't taken seriously and the players started the season unfit. I know the tournament and the travelling wasn't ideal but it seemed to viewed as an extended holiday, other teams managed to get their players ready in the same circumstances so we really should have been more focused and professional.

Our work in the transfer market was woeful, not only in the quality of player we bought, but also our neglecting the weakest areas of our squad completely. There have been comments from other clubs about how difficult we have been to deal with in transfer dealings which has hampered our ability to get the players we needed.

The players were given a licence to underperform and rest in the premier league to focus on the champions league games. this is unprofessional and has lead to a lack of focus and subsequently confidence.

Our worst performing players have been undroppable. Quite how Vardy, Mahrez and Fuchs have played so many games is staggering, especially when Gray and Chillwell have looked dramatically better options whenever they have played, Even Ulloa did more in his short cameos than Vardy manages in entire games, but poor performances seemed to be rewarded.

When finnally tactics or personnel were changed there was clearly confussion as to how these should be applied. Whether it is true or not that these changes were announced only hours before kickoff, it is clear that the preperation was inadequate.

Whether or not the players rebelled against Ranieri, there was clearly problems in the dressing room (Ulloa the obvious example) which repeated team meetings and 'open and frank discussions' were unable to resolve.

On the pitch we see our 'best' players pointing and blaming each other, and nobody taking responsibility.

As manager Ranieri shares at least some of the blame for all of these issues with the possible exception of recruitment (I don't know how involved he was) and as manager he was responsible for solving these problems.

Most of these problems should have been evident to the manager even before the season started, but there has been no percievable progress toward resolving any of them.

I love Ranieri, I lauded his arrival at the club, and will continue to adore him for what he helped us to achieve, but other than sentiment I can't make a case for him being retained after this seasons issues.

Exactly this. The media seem to be totally ignorant to the problems at the club this season and think we should have allowed ourselves to be relegated.

Fine if they take exception at the attitude of the players over the course of the season, but I think any reasonable person who has seen us this season would agree that sacking CR was the only possible outcome at this stage.

homer

There have been no consequences for being shit for our players this season. Had we collectively turned against the players earlier, Ranieri may not have lost his job.

This is correct

It's been happy clappers and continually singing about being champions of England, whilst watching complete toss on the pitch in front of them from overpaid gimps who couldn't give a toss

I want to hear a stadium-wide chorus of "You're not fit to wear the shirt" followed by "Wankers, wankers, wankers" repeatedly

Brown Nose

This is correct

It's been happy clappers and continually singing about being champions of England, whilst watching complete toss on the pitch in front of them from overpaid gimps who couldn't give a toss

I want to hear a stadium-wide chorus of "You're not fit to wear the shirt" followed by "Wankers, wankers, wankers" repeatedly

And this is where we differ. It's too late for that now. I'd have advocated a hostile reception before Ranieri was sacked. Now, it's entirely self-defeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669