Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

If it's coming out today, I suspect it's been agreed for a while

Or could be papertalk.

We certainly don't fit the profile of clubs that he has managed. But then he maybe desperate to coach again or has been offered bundles of cash.

FIF

We need someone who is going to be able to quickly evaluate the shit and capable of dropping them immediately. 5 or 6 games playing the same old rubbish will leave it too late.

TornadoShaunUK

Definitely the stand out candidate. He doesn't have experience of fighting relegation, largely down to the fact hes a feckin good coach who's never had to...! Would have to be daft not to want him in charge.

Easy job IMO. Avoid relegation with a title winning squad and good financial backing. An easy life really, any silverware along the way is a bonus, just establish us in the league.

FIF

Definitely the stand out candidate. He doesn't have experience of fighting relegation, largely down to the fact hes a feckin good coach who's never had to...! Would have to be daft not to want him in charge.

Easy job IMO. Avoid relegation with a title winning squad and good financial backing. An easy life really, any silverware along the way is a bonus, just establish us in the league.

didn't he take Fiorentina down to 18th after he took over? and relegation?

City Fan

didn't he take Fiorentina down to 18th after he took over? and relegation?

In his first managerial job.

Antonio Conte's first managerial job ended up with relegation. Would you not want him either?

FIF

In his first managerial job.

Antonio Conte's first managerial job ended up with relegation. Would you not want him either?

not particularly. but if you don't read the context you won't understand CF. Tornado said that he doesn't have experience of fighting relegation. I replied that he'd managed Fiorentina to relegation. Understand now?

City Fan

not particularly. but if you don't read the context you won't understand CF. Tornado said that he doesn't have experience of fighting relegation. I replied that he'd managed Fiorentina to relegation. Understand now?

Serves me right for scan reading. Please accept my apologies.

FIF

Serves me right for scan reading. Please accept my apologies.

without a moment's hesitation.

we're all stupid, foolish fans on here and not to blame.

H T B

Claudio defended his players to the hilt in public.
Mancini has been known to do the opposite
Some of our squad had better be careful what they wish for. They are not as good as they think they are. Last season was about the sum of the parts.
See You Next Tuesday (s) !

SimonW

Having sacked the greatest manager in the history of our club, less than a year after leading us to the summit of the English football, the owners / board have given themselves a massive challenge finding another manager who can live up to standard set by Claudio, and a challenge I have huge reservations about them living up to.

Claudio lead us to our greatest ever achievement, the next manager needs to at least give us hope of winning trophies / qualifying for European football. Anything less will be a tragic waste of Claudio’s legacy.

In the short term the remit of the new manager will be to simply get the players focussed and motivated to win matches and avoid relegation. Beyond that the new manager will need to be able to identify the cancerous individuals who have derailed our glorious run and jettison them from the club as soon as possible, if not sooner. If these individuals (players and / or coaches) are allowed to stay with our great club then they will continue to cause problems and prevent us building on the glorious achievements of Claudio.

Graz

Just had a Sky Sports alert on my phone. Sky Sources say Mancini has no interest in the role.

Oh bugger... Let's hope that's not what the owners were relying on!

City Fan

Just had a Sky Sports alert on my phone. Sky Sources say Mancini has no interest in the role.

Oh bugger... Let's hope that's not what the owners were relying on!

He wouldn't have been in my top 3 choices, but would be a better option than Woy, Pardew or Preki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669