Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing surprisingly few mention Neil Lennon. I swear he is one of the front runners every time we need a new manager.

That was a joke by the way. I want the owners to bottle it again like they did with the fake dismissal of Pearson and change their minds. It won't happen. It might be for the best. I don't know, but football died yesterday.

I have an awful feeling it might be Pardew. I hope I'm completely and utterly wrong.

Wagner
De Boer
Rowett
Hull's Manager

All options for me IMO.

This kinda shows little choice we have.
It doesn't show anything of the sort. And to say we have little choice is completely wrong. Sorry Thai, I'm not having a go at you mate, this is a more general point.

There is a whole world out there filled with football managers and potential football managers. I have no idea who we are looking to appoint but equally neither do these lazy narrow-minded joutnalists who can't see beyond the usual suspects and/or those who have managed in England.

Ranieri' appointment came out of the blue. He wasn't even linked with it till a few days before he was appointed and even then not very seriously. Who's to say our next appointment won't be similar.

We've ****ed up, I've decided.

Nobody with an ounce of self respect or true management talent will come.

Come and build a legacy, but if you look like you might **** up (it hasn't happened yet) they we'll sack you.

Ring Claudio, give him his job back and move on. We had a manager who was wanting to stay here forever, we are now back to renegades and short termism in my opinion.

All of the players can well and truly **** themselves, hopefully a great many of them leave at the earliest opportunity.
Yep.

The league win was an unforgettable experience and all that, but most of all I was pleased because everything seemed so completely different to how we usually conduct things. We had an identity and we had values and we were building something.

And here we are six months later scraping around for managerial retirees and rejects to get on a short-term contract. Just like we always did - just like we always will.

It's probably a naive and sentimental view of football, but today I can't help but wonder what the ****ing point is.

Yep.

The league win was an unforgettable experience and all that, but most of all I was pleased because everything seemed so completely different to how we usually conduct things. We had an identity and we had values and we were building something.

And here we are six months later scraping around for managerial retirees and rejects to get on a short-term contract. Just like we always did - just like we always will.

It's probably a naive and sentimental view of football, but today I can't help but wonder what the ****ing point is.

I've just been thinking about pretty much this same thing myself, but I am going to hold out a little longer.

Right now, in theory we have the best chance we've ever had to hire a good/desired manager.

We're still champions of England and that will have appeal to some. There's clearly good players in this squad even if they're not performing. We're still in the Champions League for at least one more game, so they've got the opportunity to get us into the quarters. And there's the money to come from that CL experience too. And I still believe we have good owners - feel like even though they shouldn't have got rid, other clubs would've done sooner.

There's still something here. So we've got a chance. We've already ****ed up a big chance this season*. But we're not a poisoned chalice just yet.

But, go and hire Alan Pardew or a Harry Redknapp etc and we definitely are just little old Leicester and always will be.

We're an incredibly attractive club for 99% of managers in work or out of work.

Several Premier League bosses would come here as well as most others in world football. Remember that we're now one of the richest clubs in the world. We should give Shakespeare the next two games and if he doesn't win one, we must move quickly for someone.

Yes but would they come here mid-season if already in post?

Is there someone good enough who would come for just 12 matches, if we wanted a world class manager for next season?

To the * in my previous post... John Rudkin has a LOT to answer for in my eyes.

Pathetic performance in both windows left the squad with big holes that weren't filled.

Not to say the rest can be blamed on him, but it's certainly not helped and he's totally failed in his role.

What has he done to deserve it?

I find the sudden mass ott admiration for him strange.

Agreed. Don't get this one bit.

Didn't realise why he was pushed out at Brum, but it's still not exactly a glowing CV is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669