Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a Sky Sports alert on my phone. Sky Sources say Mancini has no interest in the role.

Oh bugger... Let's hope that's not what the owners were relying on!

Great forward planning

Just let Shakey get on with it, and feck it all

I have an awful feeling it might be Pardew. I hope I'm completely and utterly wrong.

Wagner
De Boer
Rowett
Hull's Manager

All options for me IMO.

This kinda shows little choice we have.

I have an awful feeling it might be Pardew. I hope I'm completely and utterly wrong.

Wagner
De Boer
Rowett
Hull's Manager

All options for me IMO.

This kinda shows little choice we have.

Not sure why any of those four other than Rowett would even consider the job. Then we're hoping someone who got sacked from the championship can make it in the prem quickly.

Maybe the players will be trusted to self manage, with a little help from the current staff. Then come the summer, and knowing which division we'll be in, the real search will begin.

I'm being semi-serious. Maybe senior players have been guaranteed input whilst Shakespeare takes over the reins. Unless there's a candidate lined up already (which would not surprise me), I can see an argument for waiting until the summer to appoint one.

Not sure why any of those four other than Rowett would even consider the job. Then we're hoping someone who got sacked from the championship can make it in the prem quickly.

Rowett got sacked not because he was doing a bad job, he got sacked because the new owners wanted someone with a higher profile in the job so that it improved "brand awareness."

Rowett wouldn't be such a bad appointment. He's one you could be relatively confident of having a good season in the Championship if we do go down but I expect the reason the owner's made the change is they want to bring in someone who will give us the best chance of staying up.

Do you think we could get Ranieri back and just sack the useless ****s we have employed to play the football. I'm fine with playing the kids to our doom.

I think the owners would like someone who is good with the media as that generates far more good publicity, as well as someone who knows how to keep the team up and push on from there.

Do you think we could get Ranieri back and just sack the useless ****s we have employed to play the football. I'm fine with playing the kids to our doom.

Ranieri could have done that, he persevered with shit performances for 7 months instead...

I think the owners would like someone who is good with the media as that generates far more good publicity, as well as someone who knows how to keep the team up and push on from there.

We've been fortunate to have two really entertaining managers who have both been very popular with the fans in Pearson and Ranieri. I love them both but I agree with both the sackings too... Pearson too stubborn for his own good when his son rightfully got the boot for racist behaviour and Ranieri has not been able to turn around a truly poor season. Maybe he has fallen on his sword somewhat in terms of the fact that last season's achievement makes this season look like a major underachievement. But when you spend £60m and reward all the playing and backroom staff substantially you expect to be doing far better than we are.

I know sentiments such as this are expressed quite frequently and are rarely acted upon, but:

If we replace Claudio Ranieri with Alan Pardew, I hope I can find it within myself to care a little less about this club and find something else to do on Saturday afternoons.

We've ****ed up, I've decided.

Nobody with an ounce of self respect or true management talent will come.

Come and build a legacy, but if you look like you might **** up (it hasn't happened yet) they we'll sack you.

Ring Claudio, give him his job back and move on. We had a manager who was wanting to stay here forever, we are now back to renegades and short termism in my opinion.

All of the players can well and truly **** themselves, hopefully a great many of them leave at the earliest opportunity.

Come and build a legacy, but if you look like you might **** up (it hasn't happened yet) they we'll sack you.

Ring Claudio, give him his job back and move on. We had a manager who was wanting to stay here forever, we are now back to renegades and short termism in my opinion.

All of the players can well and truly **** themselves, hopefully a great many of them leave at the earliest opportunity.

That was a quick change round. :)

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670