Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

But if your first point doesn't bother the owners (if they decide to bring him back), it wouldn't bother me.

Which is fair enough if they have forgiven but it stinks of being an appointment to satisfy our players.

What a great way to make us look even more pathetic.

Bring back and aggressive, arrogant, shit of a man just because our lickle players want him.

The bloke is an instable nutter who had us in a worst position than this himself.

If its true, we are truely tinpot.

Sven

What would be your issue with Pearson returning?

Just a few off the top of my head.

1. The man is the footballing equivalent of Donald Trump.
2. The best thing about him being at Leicester was always that he had Steve Walsh with him.
3. He failed to see the qualities, and get the best out of, many of our current players last time round.
4. His tactical ability has always been fecking awful.
5. He told his own fans to 'feck off and die'.
6. Unless he keeps his medication balanced, the man is psychotic.
7. He indulged in the most extreme example of blatant nepotism ever in football.
8. He built the structure which created the 'player power' that most of us now want to see ended.
9. In my opinion, he is damaged goods as a manager. He's done for and won't ever do a good job for anyone again.
10. He is a petulant moron who treats everyone outside his cabal like scum.
11. Everyone remembers the last nine matches in the 2014/15 season, but the thirty plus before that were largely garbage. He was completely unable to compete against intelligent opponents.

I'm not completely blind to the man's qualities. He does have some very good ones otherwise he'd never have done what he has. These are largely organisational in terms of bringing good people together in a background staffing structure. However, he is not the right answer for us now or ever again. We can and should do much, much better.

12. My final one would be based on the newspaper speculation that a small number of the players want him back. It would be extraordinarily stupid to do what they want.

The owners won't even contemplate him coming back. End.

I think there's a chance that the owners will decide to bring him back, even though they don't really want to, to pander to the players if they think it will bring the best chance of survival and hence protect their investment.

12. My final one would be based on the newspaper speculation that a small number of the players want him back. It would be extraordinarily stupid to do what they want.

Like we have already done once this week you mean?

Has Gus H ever managed a club the size of Leicester?Serious question.
I would imagine the likes of Mancini would want only very big clubs.
Pearson,Clough,Bruce are the level of manager most likely to apply.

Just a few off the top of my head.

1. The man is the footballing equivalent of Donald Trump.
2. The best thing about him being at Leicester was always that he had Steve Walsh with him.
3. He failed to see the qualities, and get the best out of, many of our current players last time round.
4. His tactical ability has always been fecking awful.
5. He told his own fans to 'feck off and die'.
6. Unless he keeps his medication balanced, the man is psychotic.
7. He indulged in the most extreme example of blatant nepotism ever in football.
8. He built the structure which created the 'player power' that most of us now want to see ended.
9. In my opinion, he is damaged goods as a manager. He's done for and won't ever do a good job for anyone again.
10. He is a petulant moron who treats everyone outside his cabal like scum.
11. Everyone remembers the last nine matches in the 2014/15 season, but the thirty plus before that were largely garbage. He was completely unable to compete against intelligent opponents.

I'm not completely blind to the man's qualities. He does have some very good ones otherwise he'd never have done what he has. These are largely organisational in terms of bringing good people together in a background staffing structure. However, he is not the right answer for us now or ever again. We can and should do much, much better.

There is absolutely no way that we would have won the Premier League last season without Nigel Pearson. With the exception of Gray he signed almost the entire squad and whilst you can say those were Steve Walsh signings, NP also bought him to the club twice.

I don't think NP is the man to move us forward, but I would be quite comfortable for him to take over until the end of the season.

There a lots of reason why Pearson until the end of the season makes sense.
He knows the players.
He knows the club.
He knows the league.
And his tenure at Derby showed just how good he is at managing people.

He wouldn't join to the end of the season only.

And his tenure at Derby showed just how good he is at managing people.
Derby's problem is their owner is a meddling fool who thinks he should be managing the team.

It's amazing that you're willing to overlook:
  • Winning League one (when the club was very unstable)
  • Reaching the Championship play offs (twice)
  • Winning the Championship
  • Keeping us in the Premier League at the first attempt
  • Building a squad and infrastructure good enough to win the Premier Leauge

He wouldn't join to the end of the season only.
Of course he would. His stock is very low at the moment. Taking a Premier League position for any period of time would make him much more employable in the close season!

Amusing to see that those who were most eager to believe it was a "player's committee" led by Cambiasso which was solely responsible for the charge to saafety in 2015, seem to be most dismissive of such a thing playing a role in the betrayal of Claudio.

Has Gus H ever managed a club the size of Leicester?Serious question.
I would imagine the likes of Mancini would want only very big clubs.
Pearson,Clough,Bruce are the level of manager most likely to apply.

Very true. People seem to think Mancini will manage us because he was here for 5 minutes. Player power may put off some lesser options we have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669