Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby's problem is their owner is a meddling fool who thinks he should be managing the team.

It's amazing that you're willing to overlook:
  • Winning League one (when the club was very unstable)
  • Reaching the Championship play offs (twice)
  • Winning the Championship
  • Keeping us in the Premier League at the first attempt
  • Building a squad and infrastructure good enough to win the Premier Leauge

And if you don't agree he'll tell you to **** off and die.

Some utterly deluded people on here if they think Pearson would be a good move for this club.

Even more deluded to think the owners would entertain his return, absolute madness.

And if you don't agree he'll tell you to **** off and die.

I suppose he should never work again then?

I can totally understand NPs frustration as lots of Leicester fans just love to moan at anyone. There are people that sit near me that were saying Marhez was crap last season.

Some utterly deluded people on here if they think Pearson would be a good move for this club.

Even more deluded to think the owners would entertain his return, absolute madness.

Almost as deluded as those that think Caludio had the right to relegate us without losing his job. :056:

Almost as deluded as those that think Caludio had the right to relegate us without losing his job. :056:
Maybe so, although I never said it myself.

I would rather go down having kept him than go down having fired the bloke.

The type of loser manager we'll get now we could have got in the Championship anyway.

It's laughable isn't it?

Those saying that must be forgetting it took us 11 years to get back up after the last time we were relegated from the Premier League.

Just a few off the top of my head.

1. The man is the footballing equivalent of Donald Trump.
2. The best thing about him being at Leicester was always that he had Steve Walsh with him.
3. He failed to see the qualities, and get the best out of, many of our current players last time round.
4. His tactical ability has always been fecking awful.
5. He told his own fans to 'feck off and die'.
6. Unless he keeps his medication balanced, the man is psychotic.
7. He indulged in the most extreme example of blatant nepotism ever in football.
8. He built the structure which created the 'player power' that most of us now want to see ended.
9. In my opinion, he is damaged goods as a manager. He's done for and won't ever do a good job for anyone again.
10. He is a petulant moron who treats everyone outside his cabal like scum.
11. Everyone remembers the last nine matches in the 2014/15 season, but the thirty plus before that were largely garbage. He was completely unable to compete against intelligent opponents.

I'm not completely blind to the man's qualities. He does have some very good ones otherwise he'd never have done what he has. These are largely organisational in terms of bringing good people together in a background staffing structure. However, he is not the right answer for us now or ever again. We can and should do much, much better.

12. My final one would be based on the newspaper speculation that a small number of the players want him back. It would be extraordinarily stupid to do what they want.

1. The **** does that even mean?
2. Agreed
3. Horseshit
4. So we won the Championship through absolute luck then?
5. Absolute bollocks, you're the Trump with your revisionist history
6. Your qualifications to make this diagnosis are?
7. More bullshit Trump fake news from the BN newsroom
8. Laughable, truly pathetic. You are slating him for creating a squad mentality in a team sport. This is truly the BN of old.
9. Agreed
10. Says the person who's petulance knows no bounds when it comes to insulting Pea Son
11. Everyone should remember the denial you lived in for that season, refusing to see any positivity in the performances
12. Not a valid reason as the owners would not employ a manager on the basis that a handful of players like him

I would be more than happy to see Pearson return, he is great at building the infrastructure and a tight knit group, he is very good at building sports science and recruitment, areas which have clearly been our Achilles heel this season. I truly believe he was building something good, before he left for non football reasons, whilst there is no way he would have achieved what Claudio delivered last season, I do think we would be established top half team by now under him.

The current situation bears similarities from when he took over from Sven and he did an excellent job of stabilising then rebuilding the club, I think he could do something very similar in this scenario.

If he could return now and bring back Chris Powell and Kevin Phillips as coaches, retain Shakey and if it is impossible to entice Steve Walsh back to the club, then look to bring back Rob McKenzie to the recruitment side then we would be in a very good place.

Personally, I think we let Shakespeare stay in charge to see if he can rekindle the magic in our players. We maybe need to reestablish old ways. Someone else coming in with new approaches and ideas may be exactly what we don't need.

Revisit the situation in the summer.

If Pearson returns, the owners must be totally and completely under the thumb of the players. That makes me feel very uneasy.

If he could return now and bring back Chris Powell and Kevin Phillips as coaches, retain Shakey and if it is impossible to entice Steve Walsh back to the club, then look to bring back Rob McKenzie to the recruitment side then we would be in a very good place.

Pulled up trees as Derby, continue to do so....not

Then 2 absolute impossible 'if's' Walsh must be delighted to have nothing to do with us.

Let's try and get a manager who doesn't need so many 'if's' to come through to enable him to manage us.

I was a fan of Pearson and backed him, but he became a thouroyghly horrible person and horrendous figurehead for this club, the opposite of what we need now.

Plus he and his family managed to insult our owners and their countrymen in a pathetic act followed by blind backing of the perpetrator.

Its madness, and thank the baby Jesus it won't happen.

I understand why people are against him coming back or thinking the door is well and truly closed, however who knows if relationships have been rebuilt etc. The cold hard facts are the more Claudio moved away from NP's structure this season in particular the changes to support functions, training schedules and the influence of the sports science department, coincided with our rapid decline.

If the owners go down another route then so be it, but I would be far from disappointed to see him return.

I don't bet on much but I'd bet on NP not returning. There's honour involved.

The owners care about money more than honour. Having said that I don't think NP is coming back.

I don't bet on much but I'd bet on NP not returning. There's honour involved.

I have put a bet on NP returning. There may be honour involved, but there's also money involved.

1. The **** does that even mean?
2. Agreed
3. Horseshit
4. So we won the Championship through absolute luck then?
5. Absolute bollocks, you're the Trump with your revisionist history
6. Your qualifications to make this diagnosis are?
7. More bullshit Trump fake news from the BN newsroom
8. Laughable, truly pathetic. You are slating him for creating a squad mentality in a team sport. This is truly the BN of old.
9. Agreed
10. Says the person who's petulance knows no bounds when it comes to insulting Pea Son
11. Everyone should remember the denial you lived in for that season, refusing to see any positivity in the performances
12. Not a valid reason as the owners would not employ a manager on the basis that a handful of players like him

1. I likened him to Trump because he was arrogant and a loose cannon. He alienated anyone that didn't agree with him. He refused to deal with media that challenged him in any way. He often expressed himself and handled himself in bewildering weird ways. And so on.
3. There are several obvious examples of this. Players that were destined to leave had he stayed that went on to win the league with us.
4. No, we won the Championship with the biggest budget in the league and an excellent group of players for that level. Neither of which were down to Pearson. He did put the people together that made the squad the fittest in the league too but I'd place most praise for that with Matt Reeves, who actually did the work. He was a very good foreman that year, that's it.
5. Yes, he did. And he was unapologetic for it too.
6. Five years of observing him in action. Many people would agree that he wasn't mentally stable.
7. He employed his imbecile of a son as a player when he was nowhere near good enough for us. He gave him new contracts and most sickeningly, he engineered a £250,000 payment to him for 'playing' his part in our Premier League survival. He then threw his toys out of the pram entirely when the club did the only sensible thing and sacked him.
8. I'm not slating him for creating a squad mentality at all, that of course is a positive thing. I'm saying that everything that we don't like about this group of players being 'too powerful' was exactly what he deliberately created and encouraged in order to generate this mentality. There are other ways to create a strong mentality and team spirit.
10. Did you miss the bit where I expressed how aware I was of his qualities and what they were?
11. This is a ridiculous re-writing of history. I reacted to what was produced by the team, just like any other season and with any other manager. One example (of many), when watching us at Swansea the other week, it reminded me of the performance there under Pearson. The pitiful, tactically ignorant waste of a opportunity to win a game. Remember Vardy on the wing, the ridiculously defensive approach, preferring Dean Hammond to Cambiasso, and so on?
12. It was a handful of people at the club that made the owners bring him back last time. What's to say the same couldn't happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669