Rats & Sinking Ship????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back to yer new mates, you splitter. They obviously respect your opinions there :wink:

Anyone up for starting an over 30s only forum ?

how would f*r*st fans like to measure the 'bigness' of a club?

average league position in the last five years?

average home attendance?

ground capacity?

turnover?

shirts sold?

nostalgia? oh hold on, they win that one

nostalgia ain't what it used to be you know

OK OK f*rest we're the bigger club when both our clubs were at there peaks but you've got to admit that now Leicester are now the bigger club

se4_fox said:
rip off prices? supply and demand mate?
£34 for Division 1 football ?

I would be disgusted if Forest charged that.

gloucesterfox said:
What like welshing on our debts and making council tax payers pick up our bills, that sort of cheating our way out of debts?
We have not "welshed" on any debts.

The £20m restructuring package is close to being agreed by the council, and they will receive every penny we owe them.

A massive difference to the 20p in the pound that your creditors got.

Bobby Smith said:
Some of us on here (me) are old enough to remember the Cup final against Hamburg when Lloyd and Burns employed every underhand tac-tic in the book to hurt Keegan. It was total Football that night, what a game :lol: Utter Crap.
And people say we live in the past. :roll: ;)

se4_fox said:
we didn't shirk our debts, we went bankrupt and paid them in order at a certain pence per pound

we acted totally within the law
You did shirk. You owed £xm and paid back 20% of it. It was not illegal, but immoral that you have come out of it stronger when other clubs have done everything possible to avoid administration.

Marlon = Eric Hall's best (and proably only) mate. :roll:

Is it 2003? Marlon, move on from the admin thing, that Forest are bigger and that you won the Cup.

Talk about now. What do you think to this season? I reckon you'll do well to finish in the play offs, a healthy 9/10th IMO.

Dunc said:
What do you think to this season? I reckon you'll do well to finish in the play offs, a healthy 9/10th IMO.
As it stands, I would put us about 8th 5 points off the playoffs.

If we can get the finance package sorted ASAP, this will free up more funds for Joe to strengthen, then we can push for the playoffs.

It won't be too late, remember Palace were close to the drop in November !!!!

Yeah, can't see it rhough, you have a good centre defence, one of the best (when fit) but other than Reid, I don't see that much to worry about.

I'm sure you'll mention Johnson but he's never done it for more than a season at a time at this level and I'm not convinced he's over his injury.

Don't think your strength in depth is good enough to sustain a challenge, unless you splash out (can't see that) or don't get any injuries (not likely with Dawson).

Marlon said:
£34 for Division 1 football ?

I would be disgusted if Forest charged that.
i'd be disgusted if forest charged that too

Marlon said:
You owed £xm and paid back 20% of it. It was not illegal, but immoral that you have come out of it stronger when other clubs have done everything possible to avoid administration.

just cos your shower of shite didnt think of it :D

Dunc said:
I'm sure you'll mention Johnson but he's never done it for more than a season at a time at this level and I'm not convinced he's over his injury.
David Johnson is a proven goalscorer at this level.

96/97 - 8 goals
97/98 - 30 goals
98/99 - 14 goals
99/00 - 23 goals
00/01 - 5 goals
01/02 - 10 goals
02/03 - 29 goals
03/04 - 7 goals - out with a broken leg

Aside from the poor start to his Forest career, he has always scored goals. You say you are not convinced he is over his injury, when he came back from the broken leg last season, he scored 5 in 4 starts.

se4_fox said:
Actually ND did everything to keep us out of administration.

We had an option, either sell JJ or go into administration. We chose to sell JJ.

Even when we "defaulted" on the £4.5m payment to the council, we could have gone into admin and sorted it all out, but no, ND has done everything to avoid that.

Can you say the same ?

Marlon said:
se4_fox said:

We had an option, either sell JJ or go into administration. We chose to sell JJ.

Even when we "defaulted" on the £4.5m payment to the council, we could have gone into admin and sorted it all out, but no, ND has done everything to avoid that.

Can you say the same ?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you ALL just drop this same bloody arguement that has been had over and over and over again, we all know the result, you will not agree.

Marlon said:
se4_fox said:

Can you say the same ?

yes we wouldn't of gone into Admin had ERIC HALL not started procedings against us.

Fox Fan said:
yes we wouldn't of gone into Admin had ERIC HALL not started procedings against us.
The reasons as to why you did go into administration are not relevant.

The simple fact is that you did, and you have come out stronger because of it, and that is morally wrong in most peoples eyes.

Ipswich are just as bad BTW, althought they did have to sell players, unlike LCFC.

Marlon said:
The simple fact is that you did, and you have come out stronger because of it, and that is morally wrong in most peoples eyes.

you can say it's immoral as many times as you like, it doesn't make it immoral

it's a level playing field in the financial world, all the rules apply to everyone

we just played the financial game better, get over it

se4_fox said:
we just played the financial game better, get over it
I take it you were not one of the people who lost their livelyhood because of the financial misdealings of LCFC then.

I find your flippant attitude towards the people whose business went bust or people who lost their jobs disturbing.

Let's hope you never have to experience what they did.

Marlon said:
Fox Fan said:
The reasons as to why you did go into administration are not relevant.

Ipswich are just as bad BTW, althought they did have to sell players, unlike LCFC.

Did not sell players???????????

Ha ha ha ha ha shows how much you know then marlon:-

Gary Rowett 3.5m
Ade Akinbyi 2.5m
Matt Papier 3.5m
Robbie Savage 2.5m
Lee Marshall 1m

Bids accepted for muzzy izzet of 2.5m.... he turned down both moves as he didnt want to move north!! Put pretty much everyone else up for sale or free transfer also.

If one creditor doesnt agree to extended repayment you are buggered (eric hall) Exactly the same would happen to you if the council refused to negotiate your deal.

Oh and by the way we will end up paying 40p in the £ by the way as we pay another 10p whenever we get into the premier!! (fingers crossed)

Marlon, the club had no choice pal. When a company is about to go out of business you have to make sacrifices and sometimes it means redundancies within the clubs staff. And it wasnt just "the bloke next door" who lost his job it was some of the directors too. The problem was our previous board and manager (i.e. Peter Taylor) took a big risk to take this club forward and put far to much money in to transfer payments and wages and unfortunately it back fired. The new board did everything within the letter of the law to keep the club affloat without losing its main assetts (The Players) and that did mean letting staff go, i know its not a nice thing to lose your job but it does happen (I have been through it too).

So we did everything correctly. Other clubs and fans like yourselves shouldnt have a problem with our club but with the rules and thats why you all went to the FA to complain just like children.

So if you have a problem with our club then its just jealousy im affraid as we have far more inteligence than yourselves at business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669