Rats & Sinking Ship????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc said:
I want them to win.
Me too, but winning in style is better than just winning. Second, generally speaking, teams that play better football seem to stay up. As much as I dislike them, Portsmouth footballed their way out of this division as did Fulham. Leicester and WBA didn't and came straight back down. Of course, in Fulham's case it helped that they a rich backer and to lesser extent with Portsmouth but I think the point just about holds.

i_godzuki said:
Dunc said:
You can't knock F@~£st for their European Cups - they've won it more times than Barcelona I've just found out.

However, you can knock them for whining on about it for years when they've done feck all since the mangerial god that is Clough left them. They aren't a bigger club than Leicester, just as Derby aren't a bigger club than leicester. They've got a better history but by that logic Marlon will be saying they are bigger than Barcelona and as big as Juve, and Preston are the biggest club outside the Prem. Even he can't justify that.

You can tell a minor club's view when all they do is moan and whinge about their rivals.

I agree it is a bit embarassing when Forest chant about two European Cups etc. However, it's wrong to say they did nothing post-Clough. They finished third under Frank Clark in the Premiership and then got to the UEFA Cup quarters, before losing to Bayern Munich. I don't remember how high Leicester finished but I don't think it was ever third.

The other thing that marks Forest out has been their reputation for passing football. Mickey Adams believes you that can't do that to get out of this division (and he may well be right), but it's one thing that I've always liked about Forest. I don't expect anyone on here to admit it, but surely some of you must yearn for Leicester to adapt a slight more aesthetic approach from time to time?

I agree with you about forest but i seriously do not 'yearn' for leicester to play more of a passing game. I couldnt think of anything more frustrating than my team play 30 passes in our own half and having little end product. Leicester may not be the most aesthetic team but they are certainly entertaining (as we found in the premier last season!).

Marlon said:
Maybe if we had cheated our way out of debt, then we may be able to pay Williams £18k a week and Keown £22k a week.

Top Dogs ? No matter what Divisons we are in, Forest will always be a bigger club than Fester.

We have been over this a thousand times Marlon me old chum. Have you started this again cos' we have some different users on here?

It's always confused me why F****t don't 'cheat' their way out of debt? It's the easy option, but I suppose F****t wouldn't do that being a club of massive morality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of us on here (me) are old enough to remember the Cup final against Hamburg when Lloyd and Burns employed every underhand tac-tic in the book to hurt Keegan. It was total Football that night, what a game :lol: Utter Crap.

i_godzuki said:
I don't expect anyone on here to admit it, but surely some of you must yearn for Leicester to adapt a slight more aesthetic approach from time to time?

who wants 11 joe coles?

the ends justify the means

new signing for city, Machiavelli

:D

Bobby Smith said:
Marlon said:
We have been over this a thousand times Marlon me old chum. Have you started this again cos' we have some different users on here?

Yes - about 18 months ago:

we were told-

- Paul Hart a genius manager, hot property who was wanted by Euro champions contenders

- Forest, playing silky football were going to come to Leicester & take us apart

- Forest - a team full of young stars of the future

etc etc etc

Ive forgotten what's happened to Paul Hart but I've noticed that they are now managed by a master of footballing science -not.

They came to Leicester & we had about seven players out & they lost.

They folded that season in the play offs & went into free fall

All their better young players have either left or want out.

They have no money - an ageing stadium & lower gates than us.

Matt said:
The passing game has really helped forest recently hasn't it!

And the physical approach did Leicester a lot of good in the top flight. Okay, they got promotion, but never really looked like staying there.

i_godzuki said:
Matt said:
The passing game has really helped forest recently hasn't it!

And the physical approach did Leicester a lot of good in the top flight. Okay, they got promotion, but never really looked like staying there.

up then down = one seasons premiership money and the parachute payments

better than skulking at the bottom of the div

Redditch Fox said:
Bobby Smith said:
Marlon said:

Yes - about 18 months ago:

we were told-

- Paul Hart a genius manager, hot property who was wanted by Euro champions contenders

- Forest, playing silky football were going to come to Leicester & take us apart

- Forest - a team full of young stars of the future

etc etc etc

Ive forgotten what's happened to Paul Hart but I've noticed that they are now managed by a master of footballing science -not.

They came to Leicester & we had about seven players out & they lost.

They folded that season in the play offs & went into free fall

All their better young players have either left or want out.

They have no money - an ageing stadium & lower gates than us.

The City Ground has one ropey stand, but the rest is in pretty good nick and fairly new. Apparently, there are plans to rebuild the Main Stand if Forest ever get promotion again.

The gates are lower, but not that much given how long Forest have been in this division.

At least Forest have some young players (even if they do want to leave

:D )

Nobody in this division has any money bar those that shirked their debts.

i_godzuki said:

we didn't shirk our debts, we went bankrupt and paid them in order at a certain pence per pound

we acted totally within the law

if you don't like the law, you can write to your MP, i'll draft a letter:-

dear nottingham MP

i'm a whinging forest fan and my clubs accountants don't seem to be half as clever as leicester's

can you please change the law to favour dumb nottingham accountants and while you're at it, players too

yours desperately

(your name here)

se4_fox said:
i_godzuki said:

we didn't shirk our debts, we went bankrupt and paid them in order at a certain pence per pound

dear nottingham MP

i'm a whinging forest fan and my clubs accountants don't seem to be half as clever as leicester's

can you please change the law to favour dumb nottingham accountants and while you're at it, players too

yours desperately

(your name here)

I knew I shouldn't have alluded to the A word...

Nobody in this division has any money bar those that shirked their debts.[/quote]

Are you being serious? Are you saying that Leicester wasn't right to take the best course available within the rules as they were at the time? Of course, the administrator was the player of the season but the business plan -such as it is/was -was boosted by promotion and now the parachute money -then promotion again this season (bye Forest) -then possibly the parachute money again & so on.......

se4_fox said:
i_godzuki said:

dear nottingham MP

yours desperately

(your name here)

:lol: good one SE4

Babylon said:
se4_fox said:
i_godzuki said:

dear nottingham MP

yours desperately

(your name here)

:lol: good one SE4

Where did I say anything about Leicester shirking their debts? Methinks you lot doth protest too much :)

Marlon said:
slyfox said:
you forest fans make me laugh,all this talk of 5year plans...why can you not see it was all a load of crap,you are getting weaker by the month come january all your best assets will be gone,mid-table is the best you can hope for,just except it leicester are the top dogs in the east midlands
The "5 year plan" is mythical.

Maybe if we had cheated our way out of debt, then we may be able to pay Williams £18k a week and Keown £22k a week.

Top Dogs ? No matter what Divisons we are in, Forest will always be a bigger club than Fester.

forest are not bigger than leicester because they have not been in the prem recently unlike us

Forest are rubbish and all your players are crap

mmmm...

Methinks the quality of debate on this thread is not exactly up to usual standards...

homer said:
mmmm...

Methinks the quality of debate on this thread is not exactly up to usual standards...

F*rest smell too....
(is that better Homer?)
:wink:

marcus bent said:
Marlon said:
slyfox said:
you forest fans make me laugh,all this talk of 5year plans...why can you not see it was all a load of crap,you are getting weaker by the month come january all your best assets will be gone,mid-table is the best you can hope for,just except it leicester are the top dogs in the east midlands
The "5 year plan" is mythical.

forest are not bigger than leicester because they have not been in the prem recently unlike us

Forest are rubbish and all your players are crap

Glad to see the Telegraph work experience has paid dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464