Reading Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

I'll start this one.I'm confident,bordering on smug that we will win this one.2-1 with goals from Smith and a re-called MDV.
When the going gets tough the tough get going (good old Billy Ocean)

joe501 said:
4-0 to reading. Maybury sent off

lol :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_bigg :icon_wink ;)

Well, after so long not predicting I came back with a resounding 3 -0 for us against Millwall, & look what we got, so for Reading...........

I'm woosing out and just praying for a win, plllleeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeeee

Called off at half time is my prediction.

This is the first, and probably only game of this season I'll be going to, so I hope we win. I've never seen us win a league game when I've been to watch though. I've only seen us win 1 game, which was actually against Reading last year in the cup... Hopefully tomorrow will be my 2nd win.

I think we'll lose though, Reading are doing amazingly well and are on a great run now as well. Think we might get hammered in this one.

Ox Fox said:
Called off at half time is my prediction.

Doubt it, there's very, very little snow at all around here today, just a slight sprinkling this morning, and I don't think we'll get that much overnight that would cause the game to be abondonded at any point.

Graz said:
Doubt it, there's very, very little snow at all around here today, just a slight sprinkling this morning, and I don't think we'll get that much overnight that would cause the game to be abondonded at any point.

you're such a pessimist

2-2, we will take a well deserved 2-0 lead and waste it all after 2 defensive/Douglas mistakes in the last 5 minutes. :mad:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
2-2, we will take a well deserved 2-0 lead and waste it all after 2 defensive/Douglas mistakes in the last 5 minutes. :mad:

similar to above, but with a 1-0 lead and one defensive mistake in the last 5 minutes giving a 1-1 score.

I don't see where the optimism is coming from:icon_conf . A good lesson in how to play football is on the cards.

Brauny Blue said:
I don't see where the optimism is coming from:icon_conf . A good lesson in how to play football is on the cards.

A few reasons that maybe going through our minds...!

(a) good performance against fellow frontrunners Sheff Utd
(b) we're creating chances and are bound to score more than one in a game again soon
(c) it's Christmas and shocks happen
(d) Reading have got to lose sometime
(e) we're actually a really good team and we're going to head off on our march up the table anytime soon (ok, maybe not)
(f) we're all clutching at straws
(g) it's Christmas so everyone's p**sed when they're making their predictions

We may get beat but other than Sheff Utd on Day 1 and Luton at home no team as beaten us by more than single goal so I don't see it being a massacre for Reading.Of course it could be wrong however the optimism may come from the belief that we tend to 'raise' our game against the better sides and we seem to do better against teams who want to beat us rather than not get beaten by us...now wheres those straws I can clutch at.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566