Real Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coop in Whetstone have a selection of Oakham Ales in. Although I don't like paying £2 for a bottle if inferno when I can get a pint in Slug & Lettuce for £2.25.

Im impressed with the bigger coops selection of local ales. Harboroughs has all the grainstore, nobbys and Northampton brewerys bottles. I like a trip to Duncan Murrays, but he mostly stocks the Langtons now, which I can get cheaper by the pint in the spoons, bowls club and the cricket club.

Popping into a few pubs in north western England and I see that Mild is making a comeback on draught.
An old mans beer. As I am no longer a young man I might have to make some tastings. I'm just looking for my flat cap and I'll be sorted.

Off the anti-biotics, straight on to Adnams at the Quorn Fox t'other night. Smashing.

Quick review of all Tenby offerings...Spitfire in the Anchor- yuck, Theakston's Black Bull in the arches was not black and rather bland, Tribute in the Tenby House not good, the good Reverend in the Bucaneer was almost as good as the excellent food, but no surprise that the Abbot pulled rank and wins at a canter.

Lots if silly named beers in the swan and rushes, from what I can remember Rocket Fuel, Black Hole, American IPA. Battered.

Lots if silly named beers in the swan and rushes, from what I can remember Rocket Fuel, Black Hole, American IPA. Battered.

Be wary of the Black Hole, you don't know where it's been.

Had a bottle of Boilers last night, a St.Ives brewery ale that I brought home with me from Cornwall. Very good, light and fruity. Shall be looking out for it again next time I'm down the South West.

Lots of real ales (Jaipur IPA, Milky Way, King Rat IPA etc) at the swan and rushes so far today, beer goggles.on for the game.

Lots of real ales (Jaipur IPA, Milky Way, King Rat IPA etc) at the swan and rushes so far today, beer goggles.on for the game.

Jaipur is a good pint.

Sky Sports were doing a there usual fevered pre match build up from Home Park earlier. Bloody Tribute on tap in the concourse!

Beyond reason to expect a drop of Tiger in the KP in future?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670