Real Madrid Club de Fútbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be hard for her having to cope with that on her own then.

Beights has got to deal with the excitement of the game, it's a good job it's not him who's pregnant.

Following the hilarious move of booing Ronaldinho when Barca came here a while back, I assume there will be similar for Ronaldo and company this afternoon? I hope not but I'm expecting the worst.

In advance of what will be a great occasion, thank you to Sven and the owners for getting this game set up. I hope we see a few memorable pieces of football that simply don't usually happen here. The media will be out in force no doubt. We can proudly say that today, the fans of every other club in the Country will be envious of us.

I just hope the contract for the game stipulated that they can't do us by too many. 0-3 is about the worst we can shrug off.

An excellent post.

I hope football fans with appreciate great footballers and I too was embarrassed by the booing of Ronaldhino whose only crime was to have scored a great goal against England shortly before.

It is worth remembering that this is not a fair test for our new players. If a defender cannot cope with Ronaldo it does not make him rubbish - many defenders in the Prem could not do so either. Lets give the new players a chance and not rush to judgement.

People say the Coventry game is more important and so in many ways it is. However, we will soon forget most of the games we play this season. We will remember the day Real Madrid came to Leicester. Enjoy.

An excellent post.

I hope football fans with appreciate great footballers and I too was embarrassed by the booing of Ronaldhino whose only crime was to have scored a great goal against England shortly before.

I think the only player who will be booed is Ronaldo, and quite rightly so. The man has mercurial talent, yet he chooses to cheat, whinge and moan like a petulant child. There is no doubting Ronaldo is a footballing great, which makes things like his winking to the bench in the Euros and his persistant diving all the more worse. Children look up to him and the example he sets is, at times, awful.

I think the only player who will be booed is Ronaldo, and quite rightly so. The man has mercurial talent, yet he chooses to cheat, whinge and moan like a petulant child. There is no doubting Ronaldo is a footballing great, which makes things like his winking to the bench in the Euros and his persistant diving all the more worse. Children look up to him and the example he sets is, at times, awful.

Take yourself outside and have a word, it's a friendly, anyone who boos today is more of an embarrassment and disgrace to football than he ever has been.

There is a time and a place for booing. I often approve of it when emotions spill over. However, this is a friendly against players we're privileged to see. Booing any of them would be pathetic and quite frankly spit in the eye of the intentions of Sven and our owners.

There is a time and a place for booing. I often approve of it when emotions spill over. However, this is a friendly against players we're privileged to see. Booing any of them would be pathetic and quite frankly spit in the eye of the intentions of Sven and our owners.

Good point, well made. I still do find Ronaldo deplorable however. I'm not going, anyhow, so I certainly won't be party to any of it myself.

Sure I've said this on here before but I've always find the hatred for Ronaldo rather hilarious myself and is nearly always illogical and a thinly veiled of version of "I just don't like his face."

The guy is great, one of the best footballers there has ever been.

Sure I've said this on here before but I've always find the hatred for Ronaldo rather hilarious myself and is nearly always illogical and a thinly veiled of version of "I just don't like his face."

Exactly, all he does is gamesmanship, something that some of our players are also very good at, wellens in particular

Which makes it all the more the pity that he has chosen to be one the greatest cheats there has ever been too.

If he cheats this evening in a friendly is that in order? Or will it then be OK to boo him?

Neither do I go for the suggestion that we should feel privileged to be graced by the presence of Ronaldo and his mates. It is they who are the privileged ones with the ordinary man often paying more than he can/should really afford to keep them in their life-style. Please don't make them out to be untouchables.

Which makes it all the more the pity that he has chosen to be one the greatest cheats there has ever been too.

If he cheats this evening in a friendly is that in order? Or will it then be OK to boo him?

Neither do I go for the suggestion that we should feel privileged to be graced by the presence of Ronaldo and his mates. It is they who are the privileged ones with the ordinary man often paying more than he can/should really afford to keep them in their life-style. Please don't make them out to be untouchables.

Ooh an interesting alternative view, now I'm not sure

Where have I said anything about us being privileged to be in his presence. :icon_conf

I am certainly not one to put footballers on some kind of pedestal with reagards to their place in the world, the Nuri Sahin quote to begin with was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

I assume you're referring to him diving. It's not cheating at all, it's gamesmanship at worst, drawing a free-kick and taking advantage of a situation and I definitely don't consider him one of the worst at it. Also, if it cheating is why don't you boo Waghorn, Howard, Dyer or Wellens as well? :102: As they all dive often.

Last edited:

Fair enough. But out of the thousands of games I've seen over the years, not a lot stands out. Some great goals, comebacks etc. There is something about watching a class act in person though. I still have a photographic memory of Mancini's sublime chip cross to Izzet in front of the old kop or Collymore's home debut, or Ronaldinho's control and use of space, or Bergkamp's hat trick, etc. Very little of the mundane sticks for me any more. The great players, and there will be a number on show today, earn everything they get. It's those that become millionaires by circumstance that don't. Dare I say that includes most of our current squad.

As for the cheating, he's a modern pro and everything that goes with it. Virtually all of us condone cheating on a football pitch nowadays, as long as it's in our favour. For the great majority of us who have cheered a blatant dive or unseen assault in our favour, what right have we to preach to anyone?

To put it succinctly, anyone who hates Ronaldo for "cheating" but doesn't hate Steve Howard, Richie Wellens or Lloyd Dyer for constantly going down under the slightest touch or didn't hate a player like Paul Dickov when he played for us the first time round is a total hypocrite.

Players try to win their team games and take advantage of situations like this to help their team win games, don't you want to see Leicester win games? Fans and players of other teams are exactly the same. Leicester players have been completely guilty of things like this and the past and will be during this coming season multiple times as well.

Last edited:
Guarantee my wife will go into labour just before the match

Was that you I saw in Leicester Museum or week or so ago then? I vaguely recognised you because one of us added the other on FB for some reason. You were with a pregnant lady. And in the city of Leicester. I tells ya I'm like fecking Poirot sometimes.

Where have I said anything about us being privileged to be in his presence. :icon_conf

I was there responding to Brown Nose's earlier post. Note the wider separation between paragraphs at the end of my response to you.

I am certainly not one to put footballers on some kind of pedestal with reagards to their place in the world, the Nuri Sahin quote to begin with was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

I accept that. Although I have to admit that I have never heard of Nuri Sahin, so the comment went over my head.

I assume you're referring to him diving. It's not cheating at all, it's gamesmanship at worst, drawing a free-kick and taking advantage of a situation and I definitely don't consider him one of the worst at it. Also, if it cheating is why don't you boo Waghorn, Howard, Dyer or Wellens as well? :102: As they all dive often.

Diving when not touched at all is cheating - Ronaldo (and others) dive and cheat. Gamesmanship is different from cheating because it employs legal methods of gaining an advantage. The difference between Gamesmanship and Cheating is similar to the difference between Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion - neither is to be admired but only one of them is illegal.

Although I'm unlikely to boo Waghorn, Howard, Dyer or Wellens, I can see plenty of reason not to admire them - although I do think that only two of them cheat; the other two (and many more) resorting only to gamemanship. I am happy for supporters of other teams to boo them.

is there loads of stuff going on before the match??

is there loads of stuff going on before the match??

Is the to-boo-or-not-to-boo discussion not enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669