Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Mercury today these 3 have all been interviewd and Milan is set to pick between them!

Seems he wants to make the same mistake over again.

or it could be that no-one particularly wants the job and we have to make do with these kind of targets

The candidates aren't all that bad. Besides it says nowhere that we will definitely have one of those three, and if Mandaric is waiting, we have to ask why that is. Is he expecting a resignation?

If we end up with Reid I'd be disappointed, but on paper the likes of Sounness and Royle should give people plenty of optimism.

At least if we get Reid or Royle there is no danger anybody else would want them:102:

Joe Royle would be my choice. Souness seems a little crazy and Reid really never did much after Sunderland and even then I think it was Phillips who got them promoted not Reid. At least Royle would have us playing attacking football. :icon_roll

Is it me, I find those two sentences as worrying as anything that I have read this season. Are we really to believe, that MM's mind is swayed so easily? If we were to win well at Preston, would he change his mind again - and what happens if a new manager comes and loses his first match?
I seriously hope this is just Mr. Anderson filling his column!

:bang:

Probably total conjecture by Bill Anderson - but written on the basis that it's in keeping with Milan's psyche.

If he's not careful Milan could become a parody of himself - making long tern decisions on the bais of a couple of results . Except of course, even he must realise that it's becoming more difficult each time to attract likely candidates.

We know Royle has definitely been interviewed so not total conjecture - also MM says he will have someone in place this week so things must be moving along

Everything points to another deadbeat off the managerial scrapheap. Theres only one worth considering off there and Blanderson hasnt mentioned him. I can only see it being Peter Reid or Joe Royle :icon_redf:bang::mad::098::090:

The best by far of this uninspiring bunch is Souness. But as someone pointed out, Wigan have probably acted so fast to get him before LCFC do.
He's not a bad manager - he would be good with a club without top 6 premier league ambitions I think. Someone referred to him as being too fiery - he's calmed down since his heart problem, a good few years now.
Royle & Reid.... if that's the choice, I would revert to Burrows/Taggart. R&R are the epitome of 'washed up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669