Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its Royle you wait til you see us play,my brother used to go Ipswich when Royle was there,said his tactics were prehistoric.

In all fairness to Royle his seasons at Ipswich weren't that bad despite the so-called "score more than the opposition" tactics. He led them to the play-offs twice and then lost both his leading strikers the last year when they finished 15th. Personally I think he'd be the pick of the three mentioned in this thread. But Paul Jewell is the manager I'd like to see here.

Royle & Reid.... if that's the choice, I would revert to Burrows/Taggart. R&R are the epitome of 'washed up'.

I think that Milan would be seriously mistaken to dig up either Royle or Reid. He would just be sewing the seeds for further disillusion and another change before the end of the season.

They should be doing other things - hospitality, a bit of scouting, after dinner speaker circuit......not football management.

Souness is of a somewhat different calibre.

MM is really degrading himself if he thinks any of these would be ideal leicester manager...loyality would be there because no one wants any of these feckers, if that is what he is looking for then we has defo found it.

I would rather have Newell

MM is really degrading himself if he thinks any of these would be ideal leicester manager...loyality would be there because no one wants any of these feckers, if that is what he is looking for then we has defo found it.

I would rather have Newell

So would I out of the 4 and I seriously dislike him

I remember reading about Souness when the Bolton job was up for grabs, that he has to be actively seeking work in order that Newcastle keeps paying him. So being interviewed could be him complying with that requirement.

It's unlike MM to show his hand at this stage of the proceedings so maybe the 'Mercury Three' are not the only candidates...I wonder if Milan is building up to a more positive announcement? Optimistically,and hopefully, maybe Jewell is his chosen man...?

Souness 1/2 fav with sky bet.

I agree Wigan have moved quick to get him in.

We need to get a manager in that can see the problems at the club and rectify them quickly.Three quaters of our squad are average/poor.It doesent take a rocket doctor to see that.

Souness would have been that man, but hes gone.

Perhaps MM released the name of these three to see what the response is like with the fans:102:

you keep saying it will be Reid HF, what are your thoughts if it is him? edit: don't mean that in an argumentative or bad way, just curious as to whether you'd like him, can't find your thtoughts on it

Last edited:
you keep saying it will be Reid HF, what are your thoughts if it is him? edit: don't mean that in an argumentative or bad way, just curious as to whether you'd like him, can't find your thtoughts on it

I just think he was very close to getting it last time and he fits all the criteria that I've heard MM say he is looking for,its no more than a hunch.IF it was him its pretty much another Megson appointment for me i.e I'll wait and see what he does,I neither hate nor like him.I think its important that whoever it is,even Royle:icon_sad:,that everyone gets behind him regardless of whether you like him otr not because this Manager think with us is an embarrasement.Not being funny but I think it means more to the fans who actually go who is Manager,you lot have to sit through it I just see the score and to me winning is the only important thing.Me..I'd get Craig Levein back before he takes Dundee Utd into the Champions League:):icon_wink

So what we are saying is that Milan is going for the cheap option of out of work managers again, despite the fact he has pocketed £300k from Bolton

Why doesn't this surprise me at all.......

So what we are saying is that Milan is going for the cheap option of out of work managers again, despite the fact he has pocketed £300k from Bolton

Or they are his only options ..

Or, MM is going for the only manager who will come? Spin can be spun any which way

Souness 1/2 fav with sky bet.

I agree Wigan have moved quick to get him in.

We need to get a manager in that can see the problems at the club and rectify them quickly.Three quaters of our squad are average/poor.It doesent take a rocket doctor to see that.

Souness would have been that man, but hes gone.

Very, very probably....and to be honest i don't he would have accepted the City job especially with the Wigan and possibly Boro' jobs coming up.

Still - he was clearly the best of the three. Could anyone see Wigan wanting to appoint Reid or Joe?

If Milan has any scope at all he needs to think again beyond those two.

MM did say his shortlist contained candidates, some were with clubs and some without clubs. it is no coincidence that only those without clubs have been named

MM did say his shortlist contained candidates, some were with clubs and some without clubs. it is no coincidence that only those without clubs have been named

Because he wants us to think we aren't just going for sloppy seconds. If we had approached another club then the media would have got wind of it from either us or them.

He said last time people on his list were with clubs, i'm not buying it.

My selection would be as follows:
1. Err...
2. Umm...
3. Well, if you force me - Souness

The other two don't get a look in.

I wonder if Milan has considered giving the job to Kevin Keegan? *whistles*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696