Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Tigana rumour is true, it would appear that we are in a serious mess. Presumably, either the three 'main candidates' have been interviewed and found wanting or, have declined the invitation to take the post.
Me thinks we could be without a leader for some time or, Milan will "recognise the wonderful work done by Frank Burrows & Taggs" and hand them the job permanently - well for six weeks or so.

If the Tigana rumour is true, it would appear that we are in a serious mess. Presumably, either the three 'main candidates' have been interviewed and found wanting or, have declined the invitation to take the post.
Me thinks we could be without a leader for some time or, Milan will "recognise the wonderful work done by Frank Burrows & Taggs" and hand them the job permanently - well for six weeks or so.

I am inclined to agree, I think the truth is that MM has run out of suitable candidates mad enough to accept the job, Jewell and Tigana are the stand out options but they have ruled themselves out, most managers already in meaningful employment will avoid this poisoned chalice like the plague, which leaves the desperados who are clearly over the hill or plain fecking useless.

Who says there have been 3 main targets, and if so who is to say JT was not one of them?

deliv01s.jpg

I've lost the will to live over all this shit we are fed. On the bright side though, cards are being kept close to their chest and they are not running about like a headless chicken to get a manager in quick, they seem to be taking their time in order to get the right bloke.

Slightly understated for you BG.

I'll offer a really complicated alternative theory.

Prospective managers like Milan - but don't really want to work for him.

No one but Peter Reid wants the job - but Milan is still searching high and low for an alternative because he realises that Reid is going to be about as acceptable as was Megson to the fan base.

A shortlist of Joe Royal, Iain Dowie and Ian Holloway..... its got to be Holloway!!!

Sky saying Tigana said no last night (They said on air that it was rumours from the press box) yet a member of the press is today reporting that he is still in the race.

I assume the mirror is old news though...

Tigana would be superb.

But when have the Mirror ever been right about anything..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669