Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

And yet my friends still think I’m being too pessimistic about our chances.
I'm reading 'too soon to say' comments too. Sure, on paper, but the thing is there just isn't a win in this team. Anyone watching can see that.

I'm reading 'too soon to say' comments too. Sure, on paper, but the thing is there just isn't a win in this team. Anyone watching can see that.
I find it’s your plastic ‘big 6’ fans that are especially bad for just ignoring the reality that we’re probably going down now and have been for a couple of months.

The postie who delivers to my work is a plastic Liverpool fan. ‘Told you Rodgers was shit…’

Well thanks very ****ing much pal, like I couldn’t see that with my own two eyes live and in the flesh rather than watching in a pub in Loughborough with my little replica shirt on.

‘But you’re not going down…’

Heard a lot of the same thing from fans of other clubs.

I think that they think that we’re insulated from such realities because we’ve won a couple of trophies and the very basic and false coverage that we’ve had on Sky for years now that we have magical owners and an amazingly talented squad of quick players.

I find it’s your plastic ‘big 6’ fans that are especially bad for just ignoring the reality that we’re probably going down now and have been for a couple of months.

The postie who delivers to my work is a plastic Liverpool fan. ‘Told you Rodgers was shit…’

Well thanks very ****ing much pal, like I couldn’t see that with my own two eyes live and in the flesh rather than watching in a pub in Loughborough with my little replica shirt on.

‘But you’re not going down…’

Heard a lot of the same thing from fans of other clubs.

I think that they think that we’re insulated from such realities because we’ve won a couple of trophies and the very basic and false coverage that we’ve had on Sky for years now that we have magical owners and an amazingly talented squad of quick players.
every single one of them looked anything but quick yesterday. No pace whatsoever.

If we do go down and hang on to him though, I have a sneaky feeling Daka will rip up the championship, where you get loads of chances as long as you keep moving

If it's to be Jessie (Owens? James?) then might Daka stay? That and the fact no other club would buy the useless **** (that one's for pop)

He'll definitely go, a European team would definitely take him and I think some prem teams would take a punt too as there is a player in there if uses properly.

His wages will be far too much for the Championship so he will have to go.

Even players like KDH and Thomas will probably be on wages that are unsustainable in the Championship.

If we go down, we will just have to go all in - **** FFP like last time and hope we get promoted and pay the fine.

If we want to do it properly, it will have to be a complete reset and clear everyone out.

If we get relegated, the only players I can see sticking around would be:

Iversen, Ward, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen, Thomas, JJ, KDH, Choudhury, Vardy

Probably get left with a few others - everyone will be available but will anyone really take on the wages of Ricardo, Perez, etc?

Probably get left with a few others - everyone will be available but will anyone really take on the wages of Ricardo, Perez, etc?
I believe Perez is out of contract in the summer

I think people need a reality check of what the extent of our impending disaster actually means.

Just one example. We have three strikers who are all under contract for next season (at least). This site (https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/) which I know won't be 100% accurate, says that Vardy is on £140k a week, Iheanacho £80k and Daka £75k.

That's over £15m to pay next year on just those three. For comparison, all three of them are earning more than any current Championship player. To stress this point further, a club like Blackburn (remember them) have a total salary cost from their entire squad of £8.4m.

Looking at the three relegated sides last season - Burnley have an entire wage bill of just over £23m, Norwich just over £22m and Watford just over £29m.

Our wage bill is more than £80m. EVERYONE WILL BE FOR SALE. We cannot afford any of them. It will be a squad of U21s, loans and those nobody else wants.

I think people need a reality check of what the extent of our impending disaster actually means.

Just one example. We have three strikers who are all under contract for next season (at least). This site (https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/) which I know won't be 100% accurate, says that Vardy is on £140k a week, Iheanacho £80k and Daka £75k.

That's over £15m to pay next year on just those three. For comparison, all three of them are earning more than any current Championship player. To stress this point further, a club like Blackburn (remember them) have a total salary cost from their entire squad of £8.4m.

Looking at the three relegated sides last season - Burnley have an entire wage bill of just over £23m, Norwich just over £22m and Watford just over £29m.

Our wage bill is more than £80m. EVERYONE WILL BE FOR SALE. We cannot afford any of them. It will be a squad of U21s, loans and those nobody else wants.
That’s presuming there’ll be people wanting to buy them.

Who’s going to want to take on a past it Vardy on £140k a week?

Relegation will be catastrophic.

That’s presuming there’ll be people wanting to buy them.

Who’s going to want to take on a past it Vardy on £140k a week?

Relegation will be catastrophic.

Yep. I have no clue how we don't go bust.

It's not even as if we're in a stable financial position going down to the Championship. We're massively in debt and owe the next three to four seasons of PL TV revenue to Macquirie bank as it is. All our parachute payments would have to go to servicing this debt - all we can hope to do is stop the interest payments skyrocketing. And all that is assuming that KP are happy to finance the rest of the club through it all.

Even with those left after our fire sale (or will it be a yard sale?) our wage bill will undoubtedly be high (by championship standards) The issue is more one of whether we can pay it, and are allowed to. I presume we'll have to field more than 3 players so unless we're going bust then a way forward will be found.

I can do doom merchant as well as anyone but I don't see league administrators forcibly pulling the plug on us. At worst, I see a club sale and 'financial restructuring'

After yesterdays results, it all seems just inevitable.

There was a bit of fight when Nacho and Daka came on, but not enough throughout the 90 minutes.
It's just so, so , sad to see.
I know we are not cut adrift [yet!] but ......

Don't worry lads, I'm sure the board have done some really thorough analysis based on the eventuality of relegation.

They like to have a plan in place for all eventualities....

An absolute snafu (sorry for the spoiler).

If we get relegated, the only players I can see sticking around would be:

Iversen, Ward, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen, Thomas, JJ, KDH, Choudhury, Vardy

I can't see Faes staying to be honest. He's not great but he's good enough to play top flight somewhere and he won't make his national side via the Championship.

Yes, it’s understandable to assume that players might stay for the pay cheque but careers and/or international places are also part of the decision. On a related question, I wonder whether Vardy's loyalty would see him take a pay cut.... or do the wife's legal bills prevent that ;)

To be honest, that's where a lot of our downfall started.

If there is one person to blame for our demise....

... It's Rebekah Vardy!

To be honest, that's where a lot of our downfall started.

If there is one person to blame for our demise....

... It's Rebekah Vardy!
Agreed. Anyone who can't even spell their own name isn't to be trusted.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663