Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Disagree. I think we will beat Wolves. But all these ‘feelings’ are just down to bullshit thoughts and a reflection of our own disposition - whether glass half full or empty. None of us have the faintest. IMHO, just the fact we’ve bought players who’ve been out in the cold back in gives us opportunities we’ve not had in the last few months. We’ve got a new voice, who is not affected by the echoes of Rodgers mantra around the training ground, and that can only be a good thing. Because let’s face it, it couldn’t really be worse.

It would be a start if we stopped giving the opposition the ball in clear goal scoring positions. If Terry has managed to rid them of that habit in a week, then we’ll start games in a significantly better position.

A friend keeps harping on about run-in and I have to keep repeating the fact the Bournemouth, Palace and Southampton matches hardly helped us.

Our fixtures look favourable if you're willing to overlook things like us being worse than the teams we've got left to play. Add in the players not giving two shits and the barrel scraping managerial appointment....we're bound to stay up.

Feels like we just left it too late. There’s a chance but it’s such a slim chance.

It’s a long road back.

We need 4 wins. It's gonna be tough but not insurmountable. It's another great escape needed and throwing everything for everyone involved. If we survive, all those players who would've already left, will stay apart from Youri and Madders. We then need to add 3 or 4 quality signings to ensure survival next season, then build from there. A lot of ifs and buts. But you gotta keep the faith. 2 points from safety FFS, not dead and buried just yet. EVERYTHING depends on the Wolves match.

We gotta pray we beat Wolves and that WHU will win their game in hand. Leaves us with a better chance come end of the season vs WHU for that other win.

- 34.9 points average survival over the last 10 seasons.

- 33.8 points average survival over the last 5 seasons.

- 33.3 points average survival over the last 3 seasons.

- That's 10 points, 9 points and 9 points over the three above stats.

- Only four times in the last 10 seasons has 36, 37 or 38 points been required.

- Only once in the last five seasons and once in the last three seasons has 36 points been required.

- if history is anything to go by then we require three wins and a draw most likely. In one if the last 10 seasons, we'd have required four wins and one draw.

- If we beat Wolves then we're most likely two wins and one draw away from safety.

- We beat Villa and Spurs just a couple of months ago. Not sure if that matters now but we need a small run of form like that.

- learning to clear the ball in dangerous situations is a must. Knowing when to pass out and retain possession is a must. Instinct, common sense and focus is integral.

- Just laying out the info, I know our team has been shite so not sure what to make of it all.

Oh and....

- we're the highest scoring team in the bottom half, though we've not scored much as of late.

- our GD is -14, Southampton have -29, For3st have -32, Everton have -22 and Leeds have -20. Keeping that GD as low as possible is key too.

- momentum suggests we're going down but it's certainly not over.

If fans think we won't win and we are rubbish etc, then that's exactly what other fans are saying about their team! We are all down at the bottom for reasons and those reasons are pretty much the same for all teams!
With the change of management and Smith actually playing Soyuncu (example), it gives me a certain amount of belief we will do well with him. He is better than the previous twat.

If fans think we won't win and we are rubbish etc, then that's exactly what other fans are saying about their team! We are all down at the bottom for reasons and those reasons are pretty much the same for all teams!
With the change of management and Smith actually playing Soyuncu (example), it gives me a certain amount of belief we will do well with him. He is better than the previous twat.

The evidence says that we're currently in the worst form of any team.

We haven't won in two months and it's odd that people assume that we're about to start winning multiple games over a short period.

Right now, I feel our position is hopeless. Getting rid of Rodgers hasn't helped at all. In fact, the Bournemouth performance was the worst I've seen in many years.

This could change and we could survive. But where is the evidence?

If we do manage somehow to stay up then maybe, just maybe, it'll shake the club out of this ludicrous complacency they've been mired in for the last few years.

Systemic failure has been the cause & everything needs to be ripped out & rebooted during the summer. Every trace of the malaise instituted by Rodgers, along with the sleepwalking board has to be ruthlessly thrown out. If not we'll end up with the same again next season.

Can't say I'm all that hopeful.

The evidence of results shows that.

But on xG we've won four of our last seven games. So we just need to convert the expected goals to actual goals and we'll start winning games. Maybe Nacho will go on one of his scoring streaks and we'll be fine...

I know people don't like it, but the xG league table is pretty astonishing. We 'should' have ten points more than we do. We're above Fulham in the xG table.

But that's not something that is improving. If anything, our ability to do some good stuff and then balls it up is increasing over time. Even though we've markedly improved our goalkeeper, we are still consistently able to let in bad goals. Its just switched from atrocious goalkeeping to atrocious defending.

Persisting with Vardy is now our biggest piece of self-flagellation (one goal in 1,431 mins of PL football). Iheanacho is obviously the best forward but he still isn't reliable or consistent.

This self-inflicted and totally unnecessary shambles of a season is more likely to last 38 games than stop after 31.

Coincidentally, Smith was just asked about xG:

“I worked at Brentford for three years so I have to place some importance on it! The state of the game dictated it. For them to only have 1.6 was strong for us defensively. 0.8 is a penalty, so they didn’t create massive chances. We defended our box really well. It happened that we finished the game well. Despite the changes they made and that we made, it’s still hard to create those chances.”

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463