replacement for connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
We need more than just Elvis....

To fooking right. I hope the spending continues or else we might just become the next Club too big to go down to join Forest in Div 1. :icon_eek: :eek: At the moment we have all the classic ingredients for relegation, a leaky defence and an inability to convert chances. :icon_eek:

CL you need to get someone who can find the back of the net, or if your plan is to stand pat after signing Hammond then, :100: :100: :100: .:mad: ;)

Last edited:
Both Sky Sports AND BBC are now going with the fact that he's going to Wigan for £2m

And we're signing Elvis for £300,000! I was worried we were gonna do that

Sky Sports is saying Elvis is our replacement for Connolly. If we don't sign anyone else, I'll be extremely pissed off! Elvis doesn't even score!

Then again, our OS hasn't got anything yet. I think when they post the Connolly story, they'll also post us getting another striker. At least I hope they do!

Steven said:
To fooking right. I hope the spending continues or else we might just become the next Club to big to go down to join Forest in Div 1. :icon_eek: :eek: At the moment we have all the classic ingredients for relegation, a leaky defence and an inability to convert chances. :icon_eek:

CL you need to get someone who can find the back of the net, or if your plan is to stand pat after signing Hammond then, :100: :100: :100: .:mad: ;)
I think that is a distinct possibility; if we continue to employ the same tactics defending corners then we will concede too many goals (it just doesn't work ffs, its blindingly obvious it gives the attacking team the upperhand); also continually floating the ball in at corners is a complete waste of time, we need to mix it up, give the defending team something to think about.

Dark times at Leicester maybe ahead unless CL has some aces up his sleeve.

Graz said:
Both Sky Sports AND BBC are now going with the fact that he's going to Wigan for £2m

And we're signing Elvis for £300,000! I was worried we were gonna do that

Sky Sports is saying Elvis is our replacement for Connolly. If we don't sign anyone else, I'll be extremely pissed off! Elvis doesn't even score!

Then again, our OS hasn't got anything yet. I think when they post the Connolly story, they'll also post us getting another striker. At least I hope they do!

The OS is the last place in the world that will have the news!

Steven said:
To fooking right. I hope the spending continues or else we might just become the next Club to big to go down to join Forest in Div 1. :icon_eek: :eek: At the moment we have all the classic ingredients for relegation, a leaky defence and an inability to convert chances. :icon_eek:

CL you need to get someone who can find the back of the net, or if your plan is to stand pat after signing Hammond then, :100: :100: .
Totally agree, if we don't buy a replacement we will be fighting relegation again at the end of the season. CL did say he had plans if this sort of thing happened and surely he's not so stupid just to rely on hammond - who lets face it, is proven not to be a goal scorer! :mad::mad::102::icon_sad:

Whats all the fuss about? We have MDV Dublin O'Grady Wright Morris oh erm..............................

I cant make my mind up if this is a good deal or not. 2m is quite good for Conners yet there is no obvious replacement. Perhaps Owen with have a late change of Heart.

mitcho_uk said:
Whats all the fuss about? We have MDV Dublin O'Grady Wright Morris oh erm..............................

i hope youre not being serious .....

Riordan or Boyd or anyone who can score, please, come on down! :( I don't care if it's just a loan, we need SOMEONE who can hit the back of the net!

£2m for Connolly is a good deal I think, but we HAVE to sign someone else. We're shot on goals and without Connolly, we're even shorter. I'm just worried that having paid £300,000 for Elvis, that's all we're going to get! And if it is, then I might actually have to agree with Steven here, that we could go down! :(

Here is a theory, CL had been after an established striker (or two according to Madbiker) for quite a while and none of the deals came off, so CL signed Elvis as cover until Jan as this is the time that a deal or two could be completed (we would have more money available?).
Now DC looks to be off and we have 2 million quid, he signs Elvis as he has liked what he has seen and can now get one of these long term targets in now we have more cash?

On a different note (sort of)...
Caught a very small bit of the 106 phone in last night and it was suggested that we were signing somebodies brother from Man City, but not until Jan, anybody hear that and can shed some light??

Fawkeye said:
Totally agree, if we don't buy a replacement we will be fighting relegation again at the end of the season. CL did say he had plans if this sort of thing happened and surely he's not so stupid just to rely on hammond - who lets face it, is proven not to be a goal scorer! :mad::mad::102::icon_sad:

when he said last week he had a list of players in case this kind of things happened i assumed he wasn't talking about Hammond cos he was already here.

Graz said:
And if it is, then I might actually have to agree with Steven here, that we could go down! :(

Everyone does eventually. ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Seriously though I am worried about the future of our fizzy status if this is the limit of our ambitions. :icon_sad:

To be honest, even if he IS going to sign another striker, I don't see why we've signed Elvis today! We have him on loan til the January transfer window, why not just wait until then to see if he does well, and buy him then if we want to? I doubt Fulham would really want anymore for him, even if he'd done well!
Have they done this just to cushion the blow of Connolly leaving? :(

Graz said:
To be honest, even if he IS going to sign another striker, I don't see why we've signed Elvis today! We have him on loan til the January transfer window, why not just wait until then to see if he does well, and buy him then if we want to? I doubt Fulham would really want anymore for him, even if he'd done well!
More than likely

Err hold on, how about starting Elvis up front and giving him a chance before writing him off. DC looked like a 15-20 goals a season man at best.

The King is dead, long live the king!

We lose DC and we are relegation material. Have a word, he was good but not exactly prolific. Elvis is no donkey, when he has had to play on the wing he invariably beats his man in a tight situation or wins the free kick. He has got good feet and only some good saves have kept him off the score sheet so far.

Graz said:

But if he did start scoring and playing really well then Fulham would have him back. CL must think he is worth the 300k gamble. He is not a bad signing as long as we can sign somebody else aswell that has a record of scoring at this level, if not then the dark days are to continue.

Graz said:
To be honest, even if he IS going to sign another striker, I don't see why we've signed Elvis today! We have him on loan til the January transfer window, why not just wait until then to see if he does well, and buy him then if we want to?

Exactly. ;)

Dickovforengland! said:
Err hold on, how about starting Elvis up front and giving him a chance before writing him off. DC looked like a 15-20 goals a season man at best.

The King is dead, long live the king!

We lose DC and we are relegation material. Have a word, he was good but not exactly prolific. Elvis is no donkey, when he has had to play on the wing he invariably beats his man in a tight situation or wins the free kick. He has got good feet and only some good saves have kept him off the score sheet so far.

:038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670