replacement for connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickovforengland! said:
Ideally we would have another striker but we have made £1.5m on Connolly. Thankyou, good luck David, no hard feelings and no tears shed. If we can get a 14 goal a season striker for less than £1m we are in a better position than we were last year.

Or we sit on the cash for a bit get someone on loan or wait until January.

Wind the clock back a few month and a lot of City fans were doubting DC's ability, at that point £2m would have been gratefully accepted. I would prefer him to stay but if/when he goes I won't be sobbing into my pukka pie.

DC cost 1/2 a million

elvis = 300K
hume = 500K

1.2 million left

riordan and a left back...

Darth Vodka said:
elvis = 300K
hume = 500K

1.2 million left

Doesn't necessarily work like that. There may be other fees that have to be paid on top of the transfer fees (such as agents fees etc), and DC may have received a 'loyalty bonus' which often has to be paid to players if they're sold without asking for a transfer.

Even if we did have all £2 million, some of it may have to go towards the wages of the new signings, unless their combined wages are less than DC's.

webmaster said:
Doesn't necessarily work like that. There may be other fees that have to be paid on top of the transfer fees (such as agents fees etc), and DC may have received a 'loyalty bonus' which often has to be paid to players if they're sold without asking for a transfer.

Even if we did have all £2 million, some of it may have to go towards the wages of the new signings, unless their combined wages are less than DC's.

I thought you had to be with a club at least 2/3 years to get a loyalty bonus!

Even if we did get the whole £2m, the board will want to keep some of it, I'm sure. It makes sense to keep some of it aside, seeing as we need to reduce the wage bill again next year.

yeh but i still feel we could sign riorden aswell for around 500k because then........

Elvis 300k
Hume 500k
Riorden 500k

Meaning that 1.3 million would be spent and 700k left over for other parts to the deals going on;)

Could be. I'm just not sure if we'd sign Riordan.

Hopefully there will be another player coming in today, or 2 ;) I'd like a LB and a striker ;)

From what i have seen of Iain Hume i have always been very impressed

Graz said:
I thought you had to be with a club at least 2/3 years to get a loyalty bonus!

But if he'd seen out his contract he'd have been with the club that long. He didn't ask for a transfer, so it's likely that any loyalty bonus in his contract would have to be paid.

has connolly attactually gone, or going? i have not read anywhere apart from here to suggest he is or has gone?

Well I'm gutted! And it still looks to me like CL is gambling on players we know nothing about/unproven in the championship.

We have a real chance of being relegated!

Same old F*cking Leicester!:mad:

SilverFox said:
Well I'm gutted! And it still looks to me like CL is gambling on players we know nothing about/unproven in the championship.

We have a real chance of being relegated!

Same old F*cking Leicester!:mad:

I agree and this could easily go tits up. We need a striker and if this is it for the day, then we are in deep trouble. :icon_sad:

I'd like to strike Craig Levein and Tim Davies heads together! 2 million made now, several million lost when relegated! Stupid Stupid move!!:mad:

it wouldn't of been so bad if we had sold connolly at the start of the summer-that way we could of tried to sign players such as lita. However i hear the marcus tudgay may be available.......

"Put away the sharp objects Mother, the Leicester pessimists are in town":icon_evil

Come on people, have a word with yourselves.....:075:

CL has said his intention is to get us promoted, (NOT RELEGATED!) do you really think he will let our potential top scorer go (who, let's face it, a lot of you wanted rid of just a few,short months ago) without having a contingency plan.
As for banking on unproven players, excuse me, what did a certain person (who some people seem to have multiple orgasms at the mere mention of his name) do during his successful time at City.

So, let's all "Calm Down ", put the kettle on and see what evolves,coz let's face it whatever we say on here will have no effect on the outcome.;)

xsubmariner said:
CL has said his intention is to get us promoted, (NOT RELEGATED!) do you really think he will let our potential top scorer go (who, let's face it, a lot of you wanted rid of just a few,short months ago) without having a contingency plan.

The outlook so far is yes! But no if the contingency was signing an inferior player!

xsubmariner said:
"Put away the sharp objects Mother, the Leicester pessimists are in town":icon_evil

Come on people, have a word with yourselves.....:075:

As for banking on unproven players, excuse me, what did a certain person (who some people seem to have multiple orgasms at the mere mention of his name) do during his successful time at City.

So, let's all "Calm Down ", put the kettle on and see what evolves,coz let's face it whatever we say on here will have no effect on the outcome.;)

Be honest though, the current putative signings are not an adequate replacement (0 goals and the other has a 1 in 5 record) and I am happy to go with unproven talent as long as they are proven goal scorers in their respective leagues. ;)

SilverFox said:
I'd like to strike Craig Levein and Tim Davies heads together! 2 million made now, several million lost when relegated! Stupid Stupid move!!:mad:

We are now back to being a selling at any cost club.

Obviously £2m is tremendous value for us for DC and we have been able to take advantage of Wigan's desparation.

That said, no one can convince me that the club (and CL is only an instrument ) is focused on footballing issues - and i fully understand the reasons for that. DC's 4 goals this season provided a launching pad to cash in on him before the close of the transfer window -simple as that.

Its financially justifiable but morale sapping for supporters.

Connolly only started scoring for us after Christmas. :102:
I know a striker is only as good as the service he is getting (steady on mrs...) but maybe we were becoming a little to dependent on him. Opposition knew this, how many defenders did he have marking him in the last few games.???.

Whoever starts up front will be unknown to us but, maybe even more importantly, unknown to our opponents, so it might just be a blessing in disguise;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669