Richard Stearman Leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only people with an IQ of a whelk use the word ‘potential’ to describe players such as Stearman.

Only people with an IQ of a whelk use the word ‘potential’ to describe players such as Stearman.

My IQ must be that of a whelk then because if we let him go I can see us regretting it in a couple of years.

At least with RS you get a player who won't shirk tackles, who'll challenge for balls in the air and who'll put the effort in to get forward and support. He's not a central midfielder or even a right sided midfielder so to judge him on performances where he has played in these positions and admittedly given the ball away too easily is unfair IMO. Yes, he's had some bad games this season (and last when he was 19, and the one before when he was 18), but who hasn't? At least he works hard to try and rectify his mistakes.

Bags of potential IMO

Is that the same player who jumped out of tackles and was out jumped by a 3 foot 4 Umpa Lumpa against Southampton the other month! Dunno who that lad was but he ran rings around RS the whole game....

End of the day i'd accept a million for any one of our current squad!

My IQ must be that of a whelk then because if we let him go I can see us regretting it in a couple of years.

I can see us regretting it in a couple of years if we don't sell.

Is that the same player who jumped out of tackles and was out jumped by a 3 foot 4 Umpa Lumpa against Southampton the other month! Dunno who that lad was but he ran rings around RS the whole game....

End of the day i'd accept a million for any one of our current squad!

His half-tackle on a QPR player led to their second goal just Tuesday.

I'm with the selling brigade I'm afraid. Stearman's form in the past 2 seasons has been a crying shame for a player who could and should be in the £3m class by now. You can't blame a poor team for the way he's playing - look how much better Kinsboro and McCauley have performed. IH has produced odd good game from him but as previous posters have shown, he's slipped back again.
MON being interested does not mean we should therefore conclude RS is a great player and we should hold on. No, it means that RS might possibly be a good player under MON's guidance and discipline but with us he is going nowhere fast. Sometimes you need a fresh start with a new employer if you have stagnated at your profession. If he does well under O'Neill - don't regret selling him. He would never have done it with us. Chambers will do far better at right back for LCFC.

Last edited:
He is too inconsistent. £1m plus Stuart Taylor on loan will do the job.

The names of each member who has slated Stearman should be noted because, I am willing to bet that, if O'Neill takes him, he will be a Premiership star in a couple of years. When this happens, how many of the same names will be decrying the lack of ambition of the City board selling their young talent for peanuts?

I too think 1 million with sell on clauses would be a good deal. The lad to me is currently a very average fullback. He is not mobile enough for my liking and i expect him to end up as a centre half in the end.

Milan is not going to spend all his pocket money, so if IH has to sell stearman to bring in a decent midfielder then so be it.

I believe RS has untapped potential. However, I also believe he is part of the problem of negativity that IH has spoken about.

How many times have we heard of RS being out pissed etc...His attitude stinks. With so many youngsters coming through the ranks RS is now established in the first team. If the others look at him and start thinking his way then they will all go the same way, downwards.

I remember his debut, and thought we have a future diamond on our hands. Maybe for the diamond to shine, somebody else has to polish it. If that person is MO, so be it.

However, if IH believes he can help RS fulfill his potential at City then here's hoping, but we can't wait forever.

The names of each member who has slated Stearman should be noted because, I am willing to bet that, if O'Neill takes him, he will be a Premiership star in a couple of years. When this happens, how many of the same names will be decrying the lack of ambition of the City board selling their young talent for peanuts?

Star may be a bit far, but amongts the young talent (below 22) we have currently, I'm confident that Stearman will prove to become the most established Premiership player

Is everyone overlooking the fact Stuart Taylor is crap? :102:

He's ten times better than Henderson is. We aren't going to be able to attract Iker Casillas and Petr Cech here you know............

He's ten times better than Henderson is. We aren't going to be able to attract Iker Casillas and Petr Cech here you know............

and Fulops at least ten times better than Taylor. Saying someone is better than Henderson really is no compliment.

If RS has 'attitude' about being at Leicester, we/any manager here are not going to realise his 'potential'.

Better in those circumstances to move him on, with sell-on clauses, to release funds. Holloway may turn out to be very good, but let's face it, who would not be flattered if MON picked up the phone for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669