Richard Stearman Leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last few seasons RS has been one of the more dissapointing players, due to his so far unfullfilled potential and his "big time charlie" attitude, which are good enough reasons to think seriously about any serious bids over £1m.

A note of caution though, we will only survive in the premiership, if we get back to the promised land in the next couple of seasons, if we put together a squad who can develop together supported by 3/4 quality additions when we get there. With that in mind RS is one of pitifully few players in the current siquad with much in the way of potential and is therefore the sort of player who may prove to be the difference in our long term success. Of course he may also end up being a lemon.

Is that the same player who jumped out of tackles and was out jumped by a 3 foot 4 Umpa Lumpa against Southampton the other month! Dunno who that lad was but he ran rings around RS the whole game....

End of the day i'd accept a million for any one of our current squad!

but he wasn't out jumped. the bloke was 4 or 5 feet away from him when he headed it. **** sake.

Only people with an IQ of a whelk use the word ‘potential’ to describe players such as Stearman.

As a shellfish, I for one would be sorry to see Stearman leave. I think he epitomises the lack of control and direction at this club since before MON left. As a young lad he was thrown in the deep end at a struggling club, has played under countless managers and caretakers and has been expected to play CB, RB, RM, CM. He has been allowed to develop what people call his "big time charlie" attitude and it seems until IH came along nobody had told him where he was going wrong, the conversation under RK going “Don’t worry, you’re a smashing lad and we’ll put it right on the training ground”.

Recently I’ve seen him against Ipswich and Charlton where I thought he was excellent and looked to be getting back to his best. I accept that his mistakes cost us at QPR but I gather he wasn’t the only underperforming player yet it always seems to be Stearman who kops it. How was the man in front of him, Chambers I presume, playing, was he protecting him or leaving him exposed?

With proper guidance he could develop into one of the best players to emerge from this club or granted, he could throw it away. I think it’s too early to judge and now is not the time to sell him unless we are offered silly money.

but he wasn't out jumped. the bloke was 4 or 5 feet away from him when he headed it. **** sake.

ok in that case it was p**s poor marking/defending/doing his job.

If potential is aimlessly lumping the ball up field to noone in particular, giving the ball away consistantly, and lacking any key footballing skills like passing, moving and heading, then i potentially have bags of potential!!!

:)

As a shellfish, I for one would be sorry to see Stearman leave. I think he epitomises the lack of control and direction at this club since before MON left. As a young lad he was thrown in the deep end at a struggling club, has played under countless managers and caretakers and has been expected to play CB, RB, RM, CM. He has been allowed to develop what people call his "big time charlie" attitude and it seems until IH came along nobody had told him where he was going wrong, the conversation under RK going “Don’t worry, you’re a smashing lad and we’ll put it right on the training ground”.

Recently I’ve seen him against Ipswich and Charlton where I thought he was excellent and looked to be getting back to his best. I accept that his mistakes cost us at QPR but I gather he wasn’t the only underperforming player yet it always seems to be Stearman who kops it. How was the man in front of him, Chambers I presume, playing, was he protecting him or leaving him exposed?

With proper guidance he could develop into one of the best players to emerge from this club or granted, he could throw it away. I think it’s too early to judge and now is not the time to sell him unless we are offered silly money.
I tend to agree, I was one of the “Stearman haters” but it would appear that IH kick up the arse has done him some good. He was a lot better in the Ipswich game and was better than he had been for a long time in the Charlton game. (I don’t know anything about the QPR game).

However he does still have a tendency to mark the ball and leave players unmarked who then go on to score.

At the minute the jury is out on Stearman for me but if anyone offers more than 500K I think I would take it and free his team place up for Chambers to drop back into his proper role rather than as a converted midfielder where IMO he is struggling.

Last edited:
The names of each member who has slated Stearman should be noted because, I am willing to bet that, if O'Neill takes him, he will be a Premiership star in a couple of years. When this happens, how many of the same names will be decrying the lack of ambition of the City board selling their young talent for peanuts?

What would be out problem with the possibility that Stearman might turn out to be a decent player elsewhere? What is important is what kind of a player he is going to be for Leicester City - and the signs are that we could do better.

If the price is right, we should let him go.

I don't think he's a right back and would prefer James Chambers to play there who is a right back.Stearman might make a better Centre Half

I am sure you do as do I - I am going to be the next Rooney dont you know - I score loads each sunday - STEARMAN IS SHITE - has been for 2/3 Seasons get rid, if 1 million is the offer, put it towards the Fulop fund and let that be the end of that!

Do you honestly think Martin O’neill is stupid enough to take a £1m punt on that gormless cretin? I think not

Graham Fenton. :icon_wink

I am sure you do as do I - I am going to be the next Rooney dont you know - I score loads each sunday - STEARMAN IS SHITE - has been for 2/3 Seasons get rid, if 1 million is the offer, put it towards the Fulop fund and let that be the end of that!

What? Fat,ugly and shag old ladies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670