RIP Neil Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From FT

Blimey. Best wishes to all those on FT who knew him

Nice post from his wife, but how hard must that have been!!

Good luck to his family, I hope they pull through this. Life really is shit sometimes

Last edited:

Can't believe it. I was only reading his posts in a controversal thread on FT yesterday and thinking what a nice sensitive and intellegent fellow this was. A sad loss to all who knew him.

Dee rang me about 20minutes to tell me.
I'm just in shock at the minute.

Haven't seen him for ages but he was already ready to have a laugh and a pint!

When the OS crowd got together (back when we used to follow a decent team!) he was always laughing and joking.
And he always talked about his little lad.

A lovely guy who won't be replaced.

RIP

I didn't know the bloke, but he sounds well liked.

RIP

thoughts to the family

I met him a couple of times for beers, and have spent the last year chatting to him on FT...he was a smashing guy who had his heart in the right place. The thought that he has left a wife and a little boy behind (that he was devoted to) is simply crushing.

It would be no lie to say that his passing is a tragic occurrence...

If anyone would care to come and celebrate his life over a pint we shall be meeting up after the Coventry game.

DATE 17th FEB - post Cov game

TIME from 17.30

WHERE Hogshead Pub

:(

shit, that took a lot of strength from his wife to post that, it makes you realise just how short our time here is.
My thoughts are with her & their son, that is absolutely tragic.

I met him a couple of times for beers, and have spent the last year chatting to him on FT...he was a smashing guy who had his heart in the right place. The thought that he has left a wife and a little boy behind (that he was devoted to) is simply crushing.

It would be no lie to say that his passing is a tragic occurrence...

If anyone would care to come and celebrate his life over a pint we shall be meeting up after the Coventry game.

DATE 17th FEB - post Cov game

TIME from 17.30

WHERE Hogshead Pub

:(

Heard the Cov match MIGHT be moved due to 'police advice'.

Can only echo Melt's thoughts really. Sincere condolences to his family and all those who knew him.

Shit. I looked on his profile on FT, he has posted just 2 days ago. Sad news indeed, reading through what was said he sounded like a top bloke. All the best to his family at this tragic time

I'd also like to offer my sincere condolences to Neil's family. I didn't know him, but he made a donation to Steve's fund, even though I don't think he knew Steve - he just worked in the same industry.

Regarding what a couple of you have said about his wife's post, believe me, it's a lot easier and more effective to post on a forum, than have to make umpteen phone calls (although it still would've been tough).

Lee: Have you got a pic of Janx from one of your recent meet-ups? Most of the ones I've got are from a few years ago, like when Alex was over.

Ben suggested I ring Peter Jones and get something put in the programme for the Luton game but seeing as you have more to do with him than I do would it be a bother if you sorted it?

I'll do it though if you don't want to.

edit: I have send an email to Peter already just to ask if there's time to get something in the programme for next weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47