Speculation Riyad Mahrez to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this lofty league position seems to be sending some people delusional

I've never dreamt of playing for Barca. I'd probably consider it though.

We could be playing Barca this time next year.

No. Don't be silly Mr. O. Don't be daft.

We should only sell if both are true.

(a) mahrez kicks up a massive fuss and becomes disruptive
(b) the bid is silly money so probably at least 50 million.

Finishing top 6 in the EPL we will get tons of tv money next year, so selling players the fee's are no longer that important.

The best thing we can do now to keep hold of them is to qualify for the CL, that will prove to the players the club is capable of been among the elite.

We need a poll to get a consensus on whether Leicester are a bigger club than Barca. Tough call ...obviously.

Well....I've spent thousands on going to watch Leicester but the only Nou Camp I've been to is Wrekenton Nou Camp in Gateshead. I think that's enough to settle that debate.

Watching BN's video it must have crossed at least 1 clubs mind to try and buy them as a pair, Vardy and Mahrez.

We would ****ing smash Barca, we'd get right up the ****ing tapas loving bastards

Well....I've spent thousands on going to watch Leicester but the only Nou Camp I've been to is Wrekenton Nou Camp in Gateshead. I think that's enough to settle that debate.

I agree. That's pretty conclusive. Just to nail down the lid on this one, I'm told that the KP club shop sells far more Leicester replica kits than it sells the Barca stuff.

I don't believe Southampton sell because of their business plan. I believe they sell because the players want to go and, these days, there's not a great deal that you can do to stop that.

Someone else once said, "unless you're Barcelona or Real Madrid, you're a selling club" and I think that's pretty much spot on.

Not saying I like it, but that's the way of the world.

I believe that all clubs are "selling" clubs when the price is right and if a player is really set on moving . It can eventually work against a club if one of your top players is seen as being held back. I do agree with your point about Southampton in that they got roughed up in the transfer game by the big boys and their best players were 'encouraged' by those clubs/ media speculation to seek moves which compounded Southampton's difficulties. I thought from the start of the season that Southampton would struggle.

I hope that doesn't happen to us next season but the game is so flush with money in England that it's difficult to tell.

There were some comments from his agent today reiterating what's been said previously, namely that he is looking to stay through January.

When you look at what the likes of Villa spent £50m on in the summer we shouldn't do business for less than £100b. I hope the owners use my pricing strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566