Robbie Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if the club would consider him for a second

Shame in my opinion, 'cos with Clemence seemingly fecked I reckon our central midfield is our major problem area

..and has been for many a year.
It is not so much the individual players being dire, more the fact that the balance just hasn't been right. Clemence and Oakley are better players than they have performed since being here, both are more attacking type midfielders, but are being asked to do a more defensive job. Weso and Kish both fit that role better, but Weso has not been the same since the leg breaks and Kish can not get a look in. Too many times we are bullied off the ball. We are too lightweight in midfield, not enough balls.
Not sure if the current Savage is the answer, but if a player can be found with close to the old Savage attributes then get them in.

When was the last time people had seen the following play (before we signed them) -

Michael Morrison
Tunchev
Dickov
Gradel
Dyer
Adams
Hobbs
Martin
Berner

I would imagine that if any of us had seen a central midfielder playing well week in week out we would not even be having a debate about whether he would come here, never mind debating if we would accept him.

Last edited:
On what do you base your assessment of King's performance tonight - there was a lot more to it than the missing of the penalty.

How long is it since you saw Savage play?

He played badly last night against Lincoln, for every pass that found a city shirt another didn't. He seemed very relectant to go into tackles and if you say he did some good passes, well he is getting paid to play and by averages a long pass will eventually become good.

And what is the relevance of seeing Savage play recently? I would have him in without seeing him. On the other hand I have seen King play and I would have him nowhere near our 1st team!

I heard that Sav ****ed Boc's cat in the MON days.

Robbie Savage is in line for a return to his first club, Crewe, in a loan move after being told he can leave Derby. (News of the World)

Fair play to him for wanting to play football, dont see why we didnt have him for a month, send him packing if/when he starts having a negative impact.

imo when you see the clubs he was linked with Crewe, Port Vale, Wrexham and Brighton that tells you everything

is he here yet?

imo when you see the clubs he was linked with Crewe, Port Vale, Wrexham and Brighton that tells you everything

that he is obviously still better than Andy King? I'd turn that lazy feck down for my local side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566