Robert Enke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most insurance companies have a 'suicide clause' on their life insurance policies which means that payment will not be made on suicide deaths if the policy has not been in place for at least two years. In some cases the 'qualifying period' is just one year and in a few it is five years.

From Bocapedia entry 'Insurance', section 4 - 'Life Insurance in the European Union'.

From Bocapedia entry 'Insurance', section 4 - 'Life Insurance in the European Union'.

I clearly have only had experience of UK products but I doubt that the rules will be very different anywhere in the world. Have you got evidence to the contrary?

No sympathy for people who take their own lives. Whatever has happened to him in the past, he has just taken the coward's way out.

See, the guys dead. Weather it was a "cowards" way out or not, thats a little harsh to say.

Its reported that he had mental health issues, and that after losing a daughter to a rare heart condition it got worse. They adopted soon after and then he began worrying that his health problems would mean losing their adopted daughter to social services.

Suicide is a terrible thing, but this guy had been put through allot. Its not as if he had money problems or anything like that. This must have been a severally troubled young man.

I DO have sympathy for him and more importantly his family.

I clearly have only had experience of UK products but I doubt that the rules will be very different anywhere in the world. Have you got evidence to the contrary?

Not at all, but it seems the Bocapedia is detailed enough to include separate sections for each significant region of the world in order to fully reflect local idiosyncrasies.

Not at all, but it seems the Bocapedia is detailed enough to include separate sections for each significant region of the world in order to fully reflect local idiosyncrasies.

Insurance companies operate on a world-wide basis. It won't be any different in Germany; why would it be?

And check your spelling of Bocapaedia, if you please. We don't want any sloppiness around here.

Insurance companies operate on a world-wide basis. It won't be any different in Germany; why would it be?

I must have misread something in that section. And it appears you may have misread something in my post, unless you think the EU doesn't include Germany :102:

And check your spelling of Bocapaedia, if you please. We don't want any sloppiness around here.

Apologies, that's the way it's spelt on Amazon. By comparison, the Hazztionary has eight different spellings, all apparently equally valid.

I must have misread something in that section. And it appears you may have misread something in my post, unless you think the EU doesn't include Germany :102:

What are you on about? The world includes both Europe and Germany. I was merely saying that insurance companies will act in the same way the world over.

Apologies, that's the way it's spelt on Amazon. By comparison, the Hazztionary has eight different spellings, all apparently equally valid.[/QUOTE]

Bocapaedia/Bocapedia is mentioned on Amazon?!?

Im not going to take you apart for this, however, It is so easy for someone to say something like this untill it happens within your family, you should never pretend to realise the sitiuation that some people are put in, the fact is you have absolutely no idea what makes people do this, they obviously have been pushed to such a point they are not even thinking in the same way they have for their entire life.

Im not going to go into specifics but this has been one of the most difficult years of my life, my grandad took his own life in Feb because he could not live without my grandma who died in December last year, I will never pretend to know what it feels like to lose the person who made you want to be on this earth for the past 50 years, even though I felt let down at the time, it's not something I can understand because I have not been in that position.

His love for his wife was simply too strong, and I would argue all night long with anyone who called him a coward for it.

I agree entirely. It's all so easy when you're not in the person's head.

My 31 year old brother in law took his own life 8 weeks ago in a particularly dramatic fashion. It did involve people needing to clean up after him. It did devastate those he left behind, me included as I was very close to him.

However, he'd been fighting against suicidal feelings all his life. He'd first attempted suicide at 8 years old. He was wrecked by horrific childhood experiences and despite trying everything he could, he couldn't find peace.

I'm kind of jealous of the innocence posted by some on this thread. What he did was nothing like the cowards way out. To him, living was just no longer possible. What he did was not rational because he was incapable of being rational.

Same with Enke - can you imagine throwing yourself in front of a train? How desperate must be to do something like that? Poor fella, poor family.

If you don't get it, you're better off keeping quiet.

This may be a bit out of place, but anyone else find it funny 3 of the 5 "similar threads" at the bottom of the page are about Rob Kelly? :icon_lol:

This may be a bit out of place, but anyone else find it funny 3 of the 5 "similar threads" at the bottom of the page are about Rob Kelly? :icon_lol:

erm... not really no. Have you been sniffing glue again?

Is it too soon to wonder if he will be back in training next week?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670