Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Sack Rodgers in the morning

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

The instant reactions above make me laugh.

It's not that they won't sack him - it's that they're giving him longer. If results continue, it won't be more than 1 or 2 games.

I will HATE to see any of our fans turn on this board though; they've given us so much, that I don't want to see shit like "Top out!" because that kind of comments just make the person sound like an ungrateful, spoilt twat.

It's not that they won't sack him - it's that they're giving him longer. If results continue, it won't be more than 1 or 2 games.

I will HATE to see any of our fans turn on this board though; they've given us so much, that I don't want to see shit like "Top out!" because that kind of comments just make the person sound like an ungrateful, spoilt twat.
It’s their money. If they want a spell in the Championship that is up to them.

How exactly are any of our reactions instant?

Is it not possible to be grateful for what someone has done in the past, but equally think that now they now they are not doing a good job? The latter is zero indication of ungratefulness. I think questions have to be asked about those who run the club for the current state it is in. That is certainly not born out of being spoilt or ungrateful. I’m just looking at the situation as it stands in September 2022.

Unless we lose 10-0 to Villa he'll stay. The owners don't give a shit anymore.
That's a bit harsh, I think they have the FFP issues, lost almost £4b, a weak management structure, spent a ton on infrastructure and bet the lot on BR not giving up. It's a perfect storm for them, mainly of their own making and I'd guess that Top is out of his depth.

I find it baffling the way people worship businessmen who own football clubs like religious icons. No one is disregarding that the club has been run well since they took over, but it's more than feasible that they'll be unable to focus on the club due to their own financial instability going forward. If they are so worried about finances they feel they can't sack Rodgers, it's worrying times indeed

I find it baffling the way people worship businessmen who own football clubs like religious icons. No one is disregarding that the club has been run well since they took over, but it's more than feasible that they'll be unable to focus on the club due to their own financial instability going forward. If they are so worried about finances they feel they can't sack Rodgers, it's worrying times indeed

Hero worship or immune of any criticism? No.

But I've just read comments saying "Top out!" And "I'm done with these owners". That's petulant, reactionary, and spoilt.

The owners clearly would never want us to be relegated, and clearly care about the long term financial health of the club - that's their business interest!

It would take far, far more than us being bottom after 6 games and not sacking the manager yet to make me turn on King Power. As it should for any of our fans.

Especially when it's quite clear there are bigger reasons for this - and Top's programme notes and the headlines around our financial situation make these quite obvious.

But I've just read comments saying "Top out!" And "I'm done with these owners". That's petulant, reactionary, and spoilt.

The owners clearly would never want us to be relegated, and clearly care about the long term financial health of the club - that's their business interest!

It would take far, far more than us being bottom after 6 games and not sacking the manager yet to make me turn on King Power. As it should for any of our fans.

Especially when it's quite clear there are bigger reasons for this - and Top's programme notes and the headlines around our financial situation make these quite obvious.
I don’t feel at all spoilt or reactionary for thinking that those in charge of the club are chiefly responsible for the current state of the club.

I don’t feel at all spoilt or reactionary for thinking that those in charge of the club are chiefly responsible for the current state of the club.

The current state of the club is still one of the top points the club has been at.

We've invested in infrastructure and chasing success. We've had success, but not what we needed to match the investment so now they have to scale back - particularly since their primary business was hit by a totally unforseen event in COVID.

They will need to act if Brendan doesn't turn things around, which means they'll probably need to act very soon.

But none of that justifies "Top out!" messages.

I'm sure they don't want us to be relegated, but they might be at the point where they can't commit in the same way that they used to.

You say that there's no hero worship but then you say "I'm not going to turn on king power". They're a corporation that has made investment into a club, a lot of which has been very positive for said club. But giving them "support" in the same way you'd support players on the pitch is pretty meaningless - they'll pull out the second it's not financially feasible for them, as they would with any other investment

I've been quite consistent throughout the owners time at the club.

I can both appreciate and praise their obvious support and commitment whilst at the same time have no respect for their horrible company and their awful decision making at times.

I cannot abide the fawning many fans have prostituted themselves into over the years. Such as the standing ovations for birthdays or a dead Thai monarch. I've never once taken advantage of their freebies.

King Power are a shell money-making company created by Vichai and he did an exceptional job. Largely at the expense of the Thai people. His venture of buying Leicester City worked out exceptionally well for him too. It provided brand awareness and credibility that he couldn't have dreamed of.

Top is just the son of an oligarch. There is no reason why he should be similarly business savvy. Indications from Thailand suggest that King Power are now seen as weaker and vulnerable. They are not just struggling because of COVID. They were wobbling beforehand too.

Top's ascent to leading his father's company came tragically and prematurely and I sympathise with the pressure he must have to live and work under.

However he is capable of making a total mess of running Leicester City. The fact that our off field fortunes have nose-dived during his tenure is unlikely to be a fluke.

He isn't and cannot be beyond criticism. The fact that BR has spent net £13.5m in 3 and a half years and, in that time, the club have gone from profitable to approximately £350m in debt should be subject to proper scrutiny.

I'm sure they don't want us to be relegated, but they might be at the point where they can't commit in the same way that they used to.

You say that there's no hero worship but then you say "I'm not going to turn on king power". They're a corporation that has made investment into a club, a lot of which has been very positive for said club. But giving them "support" in the same way you'd support players on the pitch is pretty meaningless - they'll pull out the second it's not financially feasible for them, as they would with any other investment
That's your opinion and not one bit of it is fact.

You have absolutely no idea about their emotional attachment to the club based on what Top's father bought to this club, not one jot.

They are more than an investor in LCFC, they support local businesses, employment and charities, they clearly care more than, say (other end of the spectrum), Mike Ashley, don't you think?

They deserve our support as they have earnt it.

That's your opinion and not one bit of it is fact.

You have absolutely no idea about their emotional attachment to the club based on what Top's father bought to this club, not one jot.

They are more than an investor in LCFC, they support local businesses, employment and charities, they clearly care more than, say (other end of the spectrum), Mike Ashley, don't you think?

They deserve our support as they have earnt it.
Man City's owners have invested in manchester too. I'm sure Newcastle's new owners will be keen to spend some money in the area too. Does that mean the UAE cares deeply about Manchester? It's sensible business if you own a football club to endear yourself to the locals. It would be moronic not to. You should be less naïve.

If Wal-Mart came in with a huge bid for us tomorrow, I assume in a few years we'd all have to hear about how the waltons care about everyone in Leicester like we're their children.

Man City's owners have invested in manchester too. I'm sure Newcastle's new owners will be keen to spend some money in the area too. Does that mean the UAE cares deeply about Manchester? It's sensible business if you own a football club to endear yourself to the locals. It would be moronic not to. You should be less naïve.

If Wal-Mart came in with a huge bid for us tomorrow, I assume in a few years we'd all have to hear about how the waltons care about everyone in Leicester like we're their children.
Thank you, I will bear it in mind.

You cherry-picked a bit though, didn't you?

If we lose against Villa I’m near on certain we are going down.

If he’s in charge against Villa we will lose.

I don’t think the tweet itself is backed up in the article even though he himself presumably wrote it. I don’t think Tanner is saying he’s completely safe, even this week. From what I’m reading I also don’t think he’s got any inside info on the mood inside the club post-Brighton.

“The general consensus last week was that Brendan Rodgers’ position as manager of Leicester City was safe for now — but that was before their defensive capitulation at Brighton & Hove Albion and it is quite clear things can’t carry on in a similar way.

After picking up just one point from the first six games, in which his side have conceded 16 goals, and suffering five consecutive defeats, his situation looks increasingly precarious.”

You mean an established Premier League side who have won the Premier League title, FA Cup, Charity Shield, been in Europe for 3 of the last 6 seasons, have a worldwide brand, and the state of the art training ground, with a solid squad and much more?

Yes we're bottom, there's a negative feeling and it looks rocky, but my god look at the bigger picture. 10 years ago you dreamed of just being in the top league now it's what you have and so much unfathomably more. The board need to improve without a doubt and should not be immune to criticism but any "Top out" ****s need to **** right off.

You mean an established Premier League side who have won the Premier League title, FA Cup, Charity Shield, been in Europe for 3 of the last 6 seasons, have a worldwide brand, and the state of the art training ground, with a solid squad and much more?

Yes we're bottom, there's a negative feeling and it looks rocky, but my god look at the bigger picture. 10 years ago you dreamed of just being in the top league now it's what you have and so much unfathomably more. The board need to improve without a doubt and should not be immune to criticism but any "Top out" ****s need to **** right off.
Nedflanders(1).png

Hypothetically speaking (hopefully).... if in December of 2023 we are 15th in the Championship, am I allowed to be pissed off at that, or will people be telling me that I should be happy with that because not all that long ago we were in the 3rd tier and we all would have been happy then just to be in the Championship.

It's okay to be fully aware of the history of something but still judge what is going on in the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669