• Give Rodgers ten more games and then reassess

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Give Rodgers the rest of the season

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would you think Martinez and Southgate would be the likely replacements?

It’s still a yes from me. 17 points from 15 matches is still shite whichever way you look at it.
They'd be clear front-runners - An unemployed Martinez, certainly would be. If Southgate was, he would be too.

I'm not saying they'd be good appointments (they wouldn't) but I could definitely see them become available.

My hope is the Chelsea buzzsaw runs through Potter and we can grab him off the scrapheap. Until then, it's Rodgers.

They'd be clear front-runners - An unemployed Martinez, certainly would be. If Southgate was, he would be too.

I'm not saying they'd be good appointments (they wouldn't) but I could definitely see them become available.

My hope is the Chelsea buzzsaw runs through Potter and we can grab him off the scrapheap. Until then, it's Rodgers.
Totally agree.

Cuddle?

Totally mystified as to why anyone thinks Potter would be better than Rodgers.

FFS

Ted Rodgers is an ideal upgrade on this big nosed twat

I can picture him so vividly in the embroidered navy blue suit, pouting as England crash out of the Euros to the first decent team they play.

He'll probably apply for the Spanish national team job instead.

What about it?

Could have sworn there’s been 15 games so far this season.

We've played 15 EPL games this season, correct.

I admit to being at odds with the consensus views on this site more often than not (I'm a cantankerous so-and-so!) but, all these disagreements pale into insignificance compared to this link.

The prevailing view seems to be that we should oust our useless manager, who can only manage two fifth and an eighth place finish, with our hoped for replacement being Potter; providing he can prove that he is incapable of managing a big club.

Am I missing something???

I admit to being at odds with the consensus views on this site more often than not (I'm a cantankerous so-and-so!) but, all these disagreements pale into insignificance compared to this link.

The prevailing view seems to be that we should oust our useless manager, who can only manage two fifth and an eighth place finish, with our hoped for replacement being Potter; providing he can prove that he is incapable of managing a big club.

No Old Fox. Missing nothing. It's just plain ridiculous.

I'm not sure that is the prevailing view. I think, at this stage, most people are a little skeptical (with some cause) about Rodgers long term future after some very poor performances, some shoddy recruiting and what was, frankly, a pretty rotten attitude at the beginning of the season. There's certainly signs of recovery - and I think most are hopeful it continues and Rodgers and the team flourish.

The more likely scenario - at least in my opinion - is that we have a middling season that keeps Rodgers in situ - lose a few key players in the summer (Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Evans - essentially the spine of the side) and the club will be ready for a "new cycle". I think Rodgers may well be ready for a change too, for what that is worth.

Potter has proven to have a keen eye for recruitment (I think it would be hard to dispute Brighton have recruited superbly) and "building" a competitive squad - these are skills we will need next summer and, honestly, not Rodgers' strength.

So I think it's less about booting him tomorrow and more about being realistic long term about his objectives, the clubs direction and the likely available candidates in the event there is a parting of ways. For me Potter, based on his accomplishments at clubs similar to us, is an excellent potential replacement should the time come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566