• Give Rodgers ten more games and then reassess

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Give Rodgers the rest of the season

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most of us dispute the qualities of Rodgers. He's a good coach and man manager. We've done well with him on the whole.

However there have been quite obvious issues over the last couple of years. No need to get into them again but if he was perfect, he wouldn't be our manager.

There is a shelf life for someone like him too. The messaging only works for so long. When it became apparent that we couldn't substantially refresh the squad last summer and the situation appeared to be toxic, of course most of us wanted him to go. It was the obvious solution. Him turning it around was highly unpredictable and unusual.

He's never lasted anywhere this long so we're into uncharted territory. I expect that we're much closer to the end of his time here than the beginning. It's natural that he's getting a bit itchy for a new challenge and we're looking at alternatives.

Is someone like Potter better than Rodgers? **** knows. Do I want Rodgers to go now? Of course not. Do I think trouble lies ahead with things as they are? Absolutely.

...Potter has proven to have a keen eye for recruitment (I think it would be hard to dispute Brighton have recruited superbly) and "building" a competitive squad...
If I'm not mistaken Brighton's head of recruitment buggered off to Man. City recently.

It’ll be interesting to see how we get on at the restart of the season. I know it’s not exactly the same scenario, but, after the break in the season due to covid in 19/20, we were slow to start and never really recovered.

Generally been a Rodgers supporter, and it took the Brighton game for me to really give up the ghost. Would really like him to stay and see the club do well for the rest of the season and beyond with him in charge - but I can’t shake the feeling that a few bad results and we’ll start another downward spiral, and end up dumping him. Or he walks anyway.

So if he goes to England now, it could be as good a moment as any for us to part ways. And a far less tumultuous exit than any other way (we sack him, or he goes elsewhere in the PL)

Top is the biggest culprit for this ****ing disaster of a club right now. We’re going one way and it’s not good.

He could, however, start to make amends by getting rid of this ****wit manager for a start. He has been here a year too long (I’d argue 2.5 years)

Out.

I reckon any other manage could get an extra 15-20% out of these players, just by getting them fit.

I was at the match tonight and the players were blowing in the second half. Seems to happen often for us, but can't recall seeing it for other teams.

The lack of fitness means we can't get close to teams, even the likes of Fulham.

I reckon any other manage could get an extra 15-20% out of these players, just by getting them fit.

I was at the match tonight and the players were blowing in the second half. Seems to happen often for us, but can't recall seeing it for other teams.

The lack of fitness means we can't get close to teams, even the likes of Fulham.
If only we had a world class state of the art training facility.

I wonder whether it's why we are getting so many injuries too...

I can't even be arsed to type what I was going to.

It's too late and everyone should have listened to me and City Fan, the only two cats who know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566