Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenith Data Systems

So, we're happy to conclude that Bournemouth was nothing more than a freak event? A 45 minute aberration that signifies little long term and is no marker of decline?

Or are some juries still out?

So, we're happy to conclude that Bournemouth was nothing more than a freak event? A 45 minute aberration that signifies little long term and is no marker of decline?

Of course 45 minutes against Bournemouth by itself isn’t a marker of decline. Half a season of bottom 5 form for a team that has shown half a season of title winning form is.

I think the jury is still out. If we keep it up for longer then the jury will be adjourned for a while.

Bournemouth was the culmination of 6 months of poor form, one game doesn't change that, bit it does give hope that things will change.

My question was intended to be provocative rather than to be an indicator of my own opinion. For me, it's a bit of both. Yes, the jury is still out for me but equally the performance cannot be treated as a freak one. Consider it a Dickensian tale if you like; a ghost of things to come. I hope the players took it sorta like that.

That we fell apart as we did has to be taken as a sign of something; mental fragility, nerves, whatever.

I think any discussion of discarding Rogers is ridiculous, okay some of his team selections and changes are open to question but overall (bar Ranieri) he is perhaps the best manager we have had since Brian Little.

We are punching above our (expected) weight again and I don't think we have the players to sustain what we are currently striving towards. We have a very talented 11 and then some good individuals outside of that, we need to upgrade in certain areas, but then again when I say that there is also a good reason not to such as:

1) Chilwell, if he leaves we have Luke Thomas, James Justin and Fuchs.
2) Winger, Barnes will be very top drawer if he can sort out his lack of calmness, Gray, hmmm still. Outside of that we need a +1.
3) Striker to play alongside Vardy, Nacho man, again we need a +1.

What have we got coming through the ranks?

A winger and a goal scorer would be where i would invest.

Safe for a while now.

A champions league finish would mean he is safe barring a relegation fight.

A Europa league spot, paired with a slow start and some dodgy recruitment will see him in the shit.

I hope he comes out the other side. He’s not perfect, but talented, and the club could do with some stability. (Do worry about recruitment though).

I think any discussion of discarding Rogers is ridiculous, okay some of his team selections and changes are open to question but overall (bar Ranieri) he is perhaps the best manager we have had since Brian Little.

We are punching above our (expected) weight again and I don't think we have the players to sustain what we are currently striving towards. We have a very talented 11 and then some good individuals outside of that, we need to upgrade in certain areas, but then again when I say that there is also a good reason not to such as:

2) Winger, Barnes will be very top drawer if he can sort out his lack of calmness, Gray, hmmm still. Outside of that we need a +1.

It’s Rodgers.

For me, jury is still out.

Im not convinced tactically he has what it takes to make changes that cater for all the different playing styles in the prem.

The test is that hes not really built a team yet. It's still Puels.

Hopefully he'll be able to convince me he's not riding the wave of another managers team (one of the youngest most talented we've ever had)

No worries about that. A city with all 3 constituencies Labour plus a Labour council isn't going to escape his attention. as we'll find out when his Poundland Roosevelt routine kicks in. & the now long overdue boundary commission, & the voter ID legislation. One party state coming soon to a democracy near you.

What a bizarre post.Boris Johnson as a " "Poundland Roosevelt" Is this Teddy or Franklin and what does this actually mean. How will Mr Rodgers future affect the boundary commission or voter ID? As for the one party state coming soon this may or may not be true. However, Mr Rodgers responsibility for this is perhaps a little tenuous.

Barnes will not be top drawer he lacks the intensity and desire to get there, it is frustrating because he has all the tools to push on to great things.

Barnes will not be top drawer he lacks the intensity and desire to get there, it is frustrating because he has all the tools to push on to great things.
It amazes me how much time people spend in the company of footballers to really to get to grips with their personality. Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people because I know cock all about Barnes's personality.

What a bizarre post.Boris Johnson as a " "Poundland Roosevelt" Is this Teddy or Franklin and what does this actually mean. How will Mr Rodgers future affect the boundary commission or voter ID? As for the one party state coming soon this may or may not be true. However, Mr Rodgers responsibility for this is perhaps a little tenuous.
It was a response to another post but I forgot to quote it. For the record I'm not going as far as blaming Brendan for any of it. I'm not that far gone (yet)

& Franklin not Teddy

It amazes me how much time people spend in the company of footballers to really to get to grips with their personality. Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people because I know cock all about Barnes's personality.
You can see it when he plays there is no effort to track back, he gives up when he loses the ball, he still can not stop shooting at the centre of the goal, that is either poor application or lack of ability I would argue it is poor application.
He has got everything strength, power,speed yet he still struggles to control the ball looks like he does not understand where to be positionally and most importantly hides behind players to avoid responsibility, just look at the goal that Chelsea scored against us. Chillwell was yelling at him he went hiding when he should have been doing the dirty work of tracking back and closing down attackers!

You can see it when he plays there is no effort to track back, he gives up when he loses the ball, he still can not stop shooting at the centre of the goal, that is either poor application or lack of ability I would argue it is poor application.
He has got everything strength, power,speed yet he still struggles to control the ball looks like he does not understand where to be positionally and most importantly hides behind players to avoid responsibility

Genuinely the worst, most ignorant , most downright stupid analysis of a footballer I have ever seen

Truly stunning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670