Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coalville Town would be Scottish Championship on a good day
Corby White Hart Locos Reserves might be better qualified.

Didn't realise we had to work in exact full seasons when looking at long term form. Sorry.
I’m not saying that. My point was that you’ve picked a number of games that proves your point (presumably because 33-38 was a good run of games). You’re defending your observation by saying 32 is a better judge that 10. Which of course is correct.
What I am saying is - why 32? Why have you picked that number of games rather than 25, or 36?

Barcelona have less points than we do. And we’ve got an awful lot of injuries to key players. I think it’s ludicrous to suggest removing Brendan at this point.

I'll try and console myself with the thought we have an arguably genius manager next time we play like complete pish. And sadly I think there will be a next time.

I have no idea what our problem is, whether it's Rodgers or not, but I see the outcome. Other teams, with lesser budgets and less lauded managers, at least manage sprited and cohesive efforts on the pitch. I thought Fulham were the form shit team?

I'm not calling for his head but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he was shown the door.

Go on then, name the person that you would rather have as manager than BR?
We need someone who doesn’t insist on five at the back at home against Fulham just because it worked away at Man City.

Someone who doesn’t rely on the likes of Thomas and Justin for our attacking wing play to leave the likes of Ünder on the bench.

Someone who might make a change at half time when we’re 2-0 at home to West Ham and maybe leave it as it is when we’re comfortably winning at home to Wolves.

Someone who doesn’t make us suffer with slow, turgid, boring, Puel-esque football.

Someone who can get the most out of our very talented squad of players. And have a bit of a nasty bastard side to be able to stick a rocket up the likes of Maddison when it’s required.

Someone who isn’t such a perennial bottle job that we let a 14 point lead with 14 games to go, and end up 4 points adrift.

Someone who actually gives the cup quarter finals and semi finals a go rather than just bend over and get shafted each time.

But it’s not my job to choose the next manager, I’m sure the club have a shortlist.

Using that as an excuse not to get rid of someone is a poor argument. Puel supporters were asking the same.

We need someone who doesn’t insist on five at the back at home against Fulham just because it worked away at Man City.

Someone who doesn’t rely on the likes of Thomas and Justin for our attacking wing play to leave the likes of Ünder on the bench.

Someone who might make a change at half time when we’re 2-0 at home to West Ham and maybe leave it as it is when we’re comfortably winning at home to Wolves.

Someone who doesn’t make us suffer with slow, turgid, boring, Puel-esque football.

Someone who can get the most out of our very talented squad of players. And have a bit of a nasty bastard side to be able to stick a rocket up the likes of Maddison when it’s required.

Someone who isn’t such a perennial bottle job that we let a 14 point lead with 14 games to go, and end up 4 points adrift.

Someone who actually gives the cup quarter finals and semi finals a go rather than just bend over and get shafted each time.

But it’s not my job to choose the next manager, I’m sure the club have a shortlist.

Using that as an excuse not to get rid of someone is a poor argument. Puel supporters were asking the same.
How about Marcelo Bielsa? He has a really good attacking mindset, so the pundits say, and lines up to try and win every game. Leeds are doing great!

We can all see that Brendan is capable and culpable for a bad call. But he makes these calls thinking they will work.
I’m with BN. For where we are - I’m not sure anyone better would be even remotely available. If we win 3 games on the trot will you still be saying this?

No. Not good enough. We can all say what we want and what we don't want. That's meaningless.

There are loads of managers out there that would love the opportunity to replace BR. Name your 3-5 man shortlist?

No. Not good enough. We can all say what we want and what we don't want. That's meaningless.

There are loads of managers out there that would love the opportunity to replace BR. Name your 3-5 man shortlist?
What’s meaningless is me coming up with a shortlist. That’s for the club to have.

How about Marcelo Bielsa? He has a really good attacking mindset, so the pundits say, and lines up to try and win every game. Leeds are doing great!
He managed to get Leeds back up to the Prem after 16 years of asking, and is going to comfortably keep them up with a squad of Championship players. He’s doing a great job.

What’s meaningless is me coming up with a shortlist. That’s for the club to have.
Not really. As a fan, you clearly think that there are realistic targets out there that are worth us spending millions of pounds on recruiting who can do a better job. So I'm interested to hear who they are.

Not really. As a fan, you clearly think that there are realistic targets out there that are worth us spending millions of pounds on recruiting who can do a better job. So I'm interested to hear who they are.
H from Steps
Paul Ince
Dusty Bin
Joey from round the corner

H from Steps
Paul Ince
Dusty Bin
Joey from round the corner

Okay, so you're afraid of writing the name of someone here that you'd rather see as manager.

So let me nudge you a bit. I know you were/are a massive fan of Nigel Pearson. If I could grant you a Xmas wish and he was the manager now and BR disappeared, would you take it?

Isn’t it meaningless calling for Rodgers to be sacked, by that logic. That’s for the club to do.

All you’re doing is offering your opinion, as a fan. That’s all you’d be doing in suggesting a replacement. I don’t see the difference.

Okay, so you're afraid of writing the name of someone here that you'd rather see as manager.

So let me nudge you a bit. I know you were/are a massive fan of Nigel Pearson. If I could grant you a Xmas wish and he was the manager now and BR disappeared, would you take it?
I don’t have a scouting network, I don’t watch an awful lot of European football, so even though I may not be able to produce a full list doesn’t mean there isn’t better out there.

We have a manager who is no better than Puel, so it can’t be hard.

In terms of Pearson, he wouldn’t necessarily be on my list. But I have no reason to believe he wouldn’t improve us, he has done it two out of two times. He also showed at Watford that he isn’t done at this level (he won more points for Watford than BR did for us over the same spell). I’ve always said I feel he will be back one day as he has unfinished business here, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we brought him back to be honest.

I don’t have a scouting network, I don’t watch an awful lot of European football, so even though I may not be able to produce a full list doesn’t mean there isn’t better out there.

In terms of Pearson, he wouldn’t necessarily be on my list. But I have no reason to believe he wouldn’t improve us, he has done it two out of two times. He also showed at Watford that he isn’t done at this level (he won more points for Watford than BR did for us over the same spell). I’ve always said I feel he will be back one day as he has unfinished business here, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we brought him back to be honest.

NP got 41 points from his 38 matches in charge of us in the PL. That's fewer than Puel or BR have achieved.

We have an average budget in the PL. Therefore let's have a look at the appointments made in the last two years in the PL for reference:
  • Arteta
  • Potter
  • Lampard
  • Ancelotti
  • Parker
  • Solskjaer
  • Mourinho
  • Bilic
  • Moyes
How many of those would you rather have?

Or in the last four years, our Board have appointed Shakespeare and Puel.

What have you seen from our Board that suggests that they would be able to find any better talented managers than the lists above?

NP got 41 points from his 38 matches in charge of us in the PL. That's fewer than Puel or BR have achieved.
Wow. I hope this is in some form of jest.

We have an average budget in the PL. Therefore let's have a look at the appointments made in the last two years in the PL for reference:
  • Arteta
  • Potter
  • Lampard
  • Ancelotti
  • Parker
  • Solskjaer
  • Mourinho
  • Bilic
  • Moyes
How many of those would you rather have?

Or in the last four years, our Board have appointed Shakespeare and Puel.

What have you seen from our Board that suggests that they would be able to find any better talented managers than the lists above?
Would prefer Ancelotti, Mourinho and Potter from that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669