Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer Ancelotti, Mourinho and Potter from that list.
A manager of Mourinho's calibre is very unlikely to come here.

And what have you seen from Potter to suggest that he'd be any better than BR? That would appear to be a very-expensive gamble based on the fact he's achieved nothing so far.

So that leaves Ancelotti. Who's got an expensively assembled squad and leading them to mid-table so far?

I really don't see why we would spend millions of pounds on Potter or Ancelotti equivalents?

A manager of Mourinho's calibre is very unlikely to come here.
I believe your question was “How many of those would you rather have?”, rather than “How many of these would you think we could attract”.

I give up.

I’ll name a realistic one I like but I’m not sure is any better than Rodgers:

Hasenhüttl

And that’s a bloke who oversaw a historic defeat at the hands of Rodgers.

I also like Potter, but I sense he has the same stubborn streak as Rodgers.

At this stage I wouldn’t trade Rodgers for either of them.

I’ll name a realistic one I like but I’m not sure is any better than Rodgers:

Hasenhüttl

And that’s a bloke who oversaw a historic defeat at the hands of Rodgers.

I also like Potter, but I sense he has the same stubborn streak as Rodgers.

At this stage I wouldn’t trade Rodgers for either of them.
Hasenhuttl is the only name I could think of who is in the Premier League and might be attainable (unlike Mourinho type suggestions).

Hasenhuttl is the only name I could think of who is in the Premier League and might be attainable (unlike Mourinho type suggestions).

I’ll get mocked but I do think this squad could do some damage with Bielsa too. Could do a Claudio.

But again, I wouldn’t make that trade today.

I’ll get mocked but I do think this squad could do some damage with Bielsa too. Could do a Claudio.

But again, I wouldn’t make that trade today.
I wouldn’t, either. I think Brendan is the best we can do and that’s ok.

The idea that as a fan, you have to have a firm idea of who should replace the current manager, to be of the opinion that the current manager should be sacked, is utterly ridiculous.

The idea that as a fan, you have to have a firm idea of who should replace the current manager, to be of the opinion that the current manager should be sacked, is utterly ridiculous.
Apparently to be challenged on a football forum about taking this mindset is also ridiculous.
I don’t think in the context of lively debate in a group that would claim to be above average in footballing knowledge that is a ridiculous request at all.

I believe your question was “How many of those would you rather have?”, rather than “How many of these would you think we could attract”.

I give up.
What are you giving up?

I was simply pointing out that 9 PL teams have replaced their manager in the last two years. Of those replacements, you wouldn't be happy with 6 of them.

Of the remaining three, I don't think 1 (Mourinho) would be realistic.

So unless our Board have exceptional ability to identify talented managers (which I'm yet to see evidence of, and you certainly can't believe if you're not happy with Puel or Rodgers), then there's only a very small chance of an improvement (and there's still a large debate to be had over whether a Ancellotti-like manager or a Potter-like manager would be an improvement).

You appear to be hoping that our Board can identify the next Mourinho, and not the next Puel.

What are you giving up?

I was simply pointing out that 9 PL teams have replaced their manager in the last two years. Of those replacements, you wouldn't be happy with 6 of them.

Of the remaining three, I don't think 1 (Mourinho) would be realistic.

So unless our Board have exceptional ability to identify talented managers (which I'm yet to see evidence of, and you certainly can't believe if you're not happy with Puel or Rodgers), then there's only a very small chance of an improvement (and there's still a large debate to be had over whether a Ancellotti-like manager or a Potter-like manager would be an improvement).

You appear to be hoping that our Board can identify the next Mourinho, and not the next Puel.
So the only pool available to us is a list of 9 managers who recently joined Premier League clubs?

Pocchetino, Gerrard, Howe, let’s stick with Brendan. Or we could go back to Holloway Levein or somebody else when we were shit

So the only pool available to us is a list of 9 managers who recently joined Premier League clubs?
In the absence of you suggesting anyone specifically, I think it's a resonable test, yes.

Without you suggesting a specific manager who can exceed Rodger's performance, you are asking us to sack Rodgers (who has exceeded our points expectations based on our budget for almost two years) without a viable alternative.

How else can we assess that risk without looking at PL historical manager recruitment performance? Or similarly, our Board's recruitment performance?

In the absence of you suggesting anyone specifically, I think it's a resonable test, yes.

Without you suggesting a specific manager who can exceed Rodger's performance, you are asking us to sack Rodgers (who has exceeded our points expectations based on our budget for almost two years) without a viable alternative.

How else can we assess that risk without looking at PL historical manager recruitment performance? Or similarly, our Board's recruitment performance?
Are you saying that because a member of a fans forum isn’t able to suggest a viable alternative, there is no viable alternative at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669