Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently to be challenged on a football forum about taking this mindset is also ridiculous.
I don’t think in the context of lively debate in a group that would claim to be above average in footballing knowledge that is a ridiculous request at all.
As a request or a topic of discussion, I agree it is not ridiculous at all. But as a default response to any suggestion of replacing the manager, I think it’s silly. You can be of the opinion that someone is wrong for something without knowing who is right for it.

As a request or a topic of discussion, I agree it is not ridiculous at all. But as a default response to any suggestion of replacing the manager, I think it’s silly. You can be of the opinion that someone is wrong for something without knowing who is right for it.
OK so my default was "why have you picked 32 games rather than 26, 38 or 47?' (which by the way you still haven't answered)

Also would be interested to know who you'd replace him with as well. Of the list presented I would probably take Ancelotti and that's only because he's the only one who might actually have connections good enough to ifnd someone of the quality of Vardy in 2 years when he finally stops being God....

Who would you have instead?

• Arteta - No
  • Potter - instead of Rodgers probably not but I do like him as a manager so if we had a vacancy yes
  • Lampard - same as Potter
  • Ancelotti - Yes
  • Parker - No
  • Solskjaer - No
  • Mourinho - Yes, but you have to accept he will only last around 3 years going in
  • Bilic - No
  • Moyes - No
Overall though I'd want Hasenhüttl if we had a vacancy right now

Honestly, we're 4th in the league, knockouts of EL and some of you are contemplating replacing the manager??

With one who is below us in the league?

Whilst we have a shit load of injuries.

And barely had any money to spend in the summer.

Madness.

Honestly, we're 4th in the league, knockouts of EL and some of you are contemplating replacing the manager??

With one who is below us in the league?

Whilst we have a shit load of injuries.

And barely had any money to spend in the summer.

Madness.
Yep.

Practically a whole season of midtable (at best) form doesn’t wash for some people, nor does being mindnumbingly bored through most of it.

I hope I’m wrong, but we haven’t performed particularly well this season, and I feel that will catch up with us slowly and we’ll be dragged into midtable mediocrity. As evidenced yesterday.

Yet this is the best that little old Leicester can get (apparently), and we should just pipe down and be eternally grateful that someone as amazing as Brendan Rodgers decided to leave the mighty Scottish Premiership to come to manage lowly Leicester (and become the third highest paid manager in the league in the process).

Yep.

Practically a whole season of midtable (at best) form doesn’t wash for some people, nor does being mindnumbingly bored through most of it.

I hope I’m wrong, but we haven’t performed particularly well this season, and I feel that will catch up with us slowly and we’ll be dragged into midtable mediocrity. As evidenced yesterday.

Yet this is the best that little old Leicester can get (apparently), and we should just pipe down and be eternally grateful that someone as amazing as Brendan Rodgers decided to leave the mighty Scottish Premiership to come to manage lowly Leicester (and become the third highest paid manager in the league in the process).
I still think it’s batshit that you’d want to change him. “Practically a whole season” is
A/ not a season and
B/ split across two seasons.
Why not only consider the games we’ve lost and average on that?

I still think it’s batshit that you’d want to change him. “Practically a whole season” is
A/ not a season and
B/ split across two seasons.
Why not only consider the games we’ve lost and average on that?
Oh, this again.

Are you saying that because a member of a fans forum isn’t able to suggest a viable alternative, there is no viable alternative at all?
No.

In the absence of a viable alternative being put forwards, we are having a discussion, and what we can assess is historical success of new appointments. And neither other PL teams or our Board appear to get it right even half the time.

So you're asking us to gamble on a new manager, when you don't approve of the last 3 appointments by our own Board, and you don't approve of the majority of managers recruited in the last two years in the PL. Do you not see how this is wishful thinking, versus a logical assessment?

For what it's worth, I'm on the fence with BR. I think he's the best we'll get, and we're the best he'll get. But until our position in the league falls below expectations, I'm content.

Perspective:

we’re fourth in the league having virtually won twice as many games as we have lost.

This gives us 66 points for the season we continues on the current trajectory.

we top our Europa League group having won most of our games having drawn and lost one.

Okay, three of the four games that we lost, perhaps (on paper) we expected to win BUT we won at Man City and Arsenal (I ****NG hate Arsenal).

We are without three key players and since the beginner NYG of the season we have been without 4/5 of our first team players on average.

I’m not saying that some of the performances so far haven’t been disappointing but this always happens over a season. Even when we won the bloody thing we had some abject performances where we ground out a 1-0.

we don’t know how good we have it. Look at our East Midlands rivals and remember this was us only a decade ago.

To be fair, it’s pretty wibble to be arguing in favour of removing the manager at a potential cost of ~£35m considering the position we’re in
We wasted a similar amount on Slimani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670