Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got us up there for sure.

But teams have found us out. Know how to play against us and easily exploit our weaknesses. The big concern for me is that Rodgers has not adapted at all. Despite it not working for 20 games.

If he gets credit for getting us there, he gets equal disdain for ****ing it up.

Since the restart we've been terrible. Lack of energy, motivation, fitness. I get the impression the players think they're even off in the summer, or have made the CL already.

I agree with this - which is why it's madness to call for him to be sacked.

Take the order of results out, and we'd be happy with our current position

Not saying he's not made huge mistakes or can't be criticised. Or that the current form, our play since Xmas, and results like tonight are anything like acceptable. Just that sacking him isn't the answer.

Wed be in a worse position than we are now if we hadn't had him this season

As I said a few weeks ago, if we’d have been consistent all season and be in this position we’d all be over the moon. But it has now been half a season of title winning form followed by half a season of relegation form.

Not 7 or 8 games...half a season!

The complete drop off a cliff is so concerning. And we’re going to take this form into next season.

We were in position for a comfortable top three (fourth wasn’t even an option), a definte League Cup final, and a potential FA Cup semi or better

We’ve blown the lot and now look like a pub team

Yeah yeah RaRa Brendan, he’s great

Hopefully next season we play against some Aberdeen Angus farmers early on and we start well.

How the **** did that 2nd half even happen? Sure, managers get it wrong sometimes but THAT wrong?? Wtf did he say in the dressing room? Throw this one lads, I've got a bet on at the bookies??

**** me, any one of us could have brought that home from halftime.

Not saying he's not made huge mistakes or can't be criticised. Just that sacking him isn't the answer.

When we tumble to 8th? That’s below the expectations set out at the start of the season, and with a form book that looks absolutely terrifying.

Not saying he's not made huge mistakes or can't be criticised. Just that sacking him isn't the answer.

I'd agree with than if it wasn't for Peter Taylor memories.

Once you're ****ed, you're ****ed.

It was all fine & dandy when he came in & got a response. All well & good when we started the season so well. But since things have faded he's failed to do one single thing to turn it around. We've been in relegation form since Xmas & all we've managed is the odd win here & there, no sustained recovery.

I think he's the managerial equivalent of a fancy midfielder with lots of flash & little touches who plays well in a winning side but goes missing when things get tough. That's the exact opposite that i expect from a City squad & manager. We've become quitters since Xmas.

Just look at today. as soon as it turned against us we just gave up en masse. You could see it ! expressions, body language. They all just wanted to go home for a hug from mummy.

Sorry, but that kind of fragility, when it clearly runs throughout a squad has to be laid at the manager's door.

In addition to that he was ****ing naive today. Too many years managing in the Scottish Pub League where it was game over as soon as his team took the lead. This is the EPL you ****wit. You can't take liberties by trying to close out a game at 1-0 for 45 mins. Even against a poor side the Bournemouth. It's rank amatuerism.

It was the same at Liverpool so he has form at this level. Threw away the title then the following season they got nowhere near, regressed badly & he got the boot.

Maybe it's just the case that the Shitty Pub League is his level?

I don't know. But I do know that we have the cpmbined mental strength of a creche. Which means we have zero chance of turning this around. We have the next 2 games to win or it's over. We all know they'll shit their knickers against United before they even get out of the dressing room, so we can forget that one.

Sheff U & they way they play? We're the perfect team for them now. Scared shitless. Thay'll be all over us & we'll crumble i suppose.

& for the first time in decades, I've just watched a bigger team of bottlers than Spurs.

It's all over for me., we just have to make sure the slide doesn't carry on into next season (which because of the weird circumstances is pretty much going to feel like the same season anyway)

He's got done tactically by a bloke who wouldn't look out of place being caught sniffing your bike saddle. Done......

Can you imagine the response these boards got when Klopp started at Liverpool? I cannot believe the nonsense on here at the moment. Sack the manager? No, absolutely not. Back him and see what he can do for this club, he's much better than the latest results show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263