Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp's team sold Coutinho. Didn't really replace him. People said it would be the undoing of them.... Guess a proper manager knows how to deal with situations like that.
I don't think anyone has suggested Klopp isn't a better manager

wtf? Seriously??
Looking forward to the Utd game with Ted in the driving seat?

He's more or less told us to lose every time we've played anyone who was remotely decent in the 90's, Bournemouth excepted.

Last edited:
The good thing about getting embarrassed is that we now get to see what the mentality in the squad really is. We get to see whether they're with the manager and each other.

These three games will tell us everything we need to know. They'll either be a reaction or a capitulation. Then we'll know where we stand.

In terms of european football, I remain of the opinion that the only benefit is really financial. We do not have the squad for europe as well as the PL and we do not have the money to improve the squad because we're in debt up to our eyeballs for the training ground.

If we get into the Champions League, in pot four, we'll be battered. And, just like in 16/17, our league form will suffer. If we are in the Europa League, we can manage a group stage with rotation. It is much more manageable.

at half time? he brought on another passing midfielder to help control the game and also let Tielemans get forward more, hardly foolish, it didn't work clearly but that doesn't make the decision itself foolish, Barnes for Perez was probably preplanned and they didn't react to the situation to change

We were bossing the ****ing game, absolutely bossing it.

We've played like ****s in most games since the restart and he's not even batted an eyelid at half time, nothing.

I genuinely don't get his approach. Play like complete ****tards and no change. Play the best we've seen since Christmas and he changes personnel and system.... Baffling.

If you don't think he needs questioning on this then you are a complete sap.

He's paid big money, even by PL standards, and I expect him to manage games accordingly.

Lako42 Lako42 of course he needs questioning, but his reasoning, even if you disagree made some sense, I disagreed with it, there is a number of things I wish people would demands answers from him about

These three games will tell us everything we need to know. They'll either be a reaction or a capitulation. Then we'll know where we stand.

I know which I think is the more likely. We've had several games lately where I would have hoped for a reaction but we've flattered to deceive. No, we're not ready for CL football (neither the squad nor the mentality) so maybe it's a blessing in disguise but I could do without the spineless capitulation in the interim.

We're a laughing stock and don't deserve a top 6 finish.

This is just like when he made Gerrard slip...

I agree the half-time sub was a poor choice today and he should take some of the responsibility for the collapse, but blimey some in this fan base are so quick to overlook the bigger picture at LCFC since BR has come in.

I’m probably in the younger category of fans having only been going to games for 20 years. Yet it still amazes me how people, who I’m sure have seen this club through the worst of it, can lose the mentality of Leicester in a heartbeat.

It saddens me that this sort of thread exists.

The good thing about getting embarrassed is that we now get to see what the mentality in the squad really is. We get to see whether they're with the manager and each other.

In terms of european football, I remain of the opinion that the only benefit is really financial. We do not have the squad for europe as well as the PL and we do not have the money to improve the squad because we're in debt up to our eyeballs for the training ground.

If we get into the Champions League, in pot four, we'll be battered. And, just like in 16/17, our league form will suffer. If we are in the Europa League, we can manage a group stage with rotation. It is much more manageable.

We had better have at least some loose change down the back of the sofa to improve the squad or that training ground will be the best in the Championship within 3 seasons.

2020/21 will most likely be Vardy's last season. Or if it isn't it'll be the last where he'll be a 15-20 goal threat.

We've got a squad without any noticeable leadership & a bunch of scared kids. The best of which can't wait to **** off to Manchester & London given half a chance.

You may well be right about the CL but I wouldn't fancy this lot to deal with a Thursday night in Ukraine either.

I think we lack bollocks from the top all the way through the club atm.

Our performances on the pitch are a mirror image of our softness off it.

I think we lack bollocks from the top all the way through the club atm.

Our performances on the pitch are a mirror image of our softness off it.
IIRC wasn't it Top that sacked Pearson only for his dad to overrule in in 2014-15? don't think Top will lack the courage to make a change if he thinks its needed

These players need a manager who can put his arm around them, but can also be a nasty bastard If he needs to be.

Does anyone know of anyone?

29807466-0-image-a-19_1592547903519.jpg

Which one? Today's or the one from being 15 points ahead of 5th to now?

Obviously the manager is accountable for the poor form. But surely you can see the other factors in play? Ricardo is a major loss right now, a big period of poor form earlier during the ‘collapse’ you are talking about, we were without N’didi. Our squad depth is what stands out for me as the biggest reason we won’t finish in the top four, and perhaps deservedly so if you compare our squad, sadly, to United’s and Chelsea’s. If we had Klopp in charge, I argue it would be a similar story.

This is just like when he made Gerrard slip...

I agree the half-time sub was a poor choice today and he should take some of the responsibility for the collapse, but blimey some in this fan base are so quick to overlook the bigger picture at LCFC since BR has come in.

I’m probably in the younger category of fans having only been going to games for 20 years. Yet it still amazes me how people, who I’m sure have seen this club through the worst of it, can lose the mentality of Leicester in a heartbeat.

It saddens me that this sort of thread exists.

What is ’the mentality of Leicester’?

For me it’s what I’ve seen from us when we’ve been successful.

- Little’s team of overachieving grafters, put together on a shoestring.

- O’Neill’s cleverly assembled squad of talented never-giver-uppers.

- Adams’ mix of experience and play-for-nothingers with the desire to win promotion for a club on its knees.

- Pearson’s two blends of young lads not quite good enough for the big boys, older heads on their way down the ladder and little known flair players entrusted to win games for their more disciplined teammates.

- Ranieri’s bollocks being big enough to change tactical approach halfway through our best ever season, executed perfectly by players who got off on having backs against the wall and beating the odds.

None of that unique to Leicester City. But all vital to truly great teams in all sports. Discipline. Bravery. Comradeship. Desire. Hard work. None of it is sexy, but the sexy stuff isn’t worth a **** without the basics in place.

I’ve just finished watching The Last Dance. I have no interest in basketball but it is a fascinating portrait of what makes a great sports team tick. Stars willing to subsume themselves to the good of the team. Dedication to an aim and an unquenchable desire to work as hard as possible, at the expense of everything else, to achieve that aim. The guts to bollock one another when things are going badly, to set standards.

Where the **** is our (coach) Phil Jackson, forcing our talented players to work their bollocks off for the team, for the city? Where’s our Michael Jordan, setting standards and leading by example? Where are the Pippens’, Rodmans, Paxsons and Kerrs with specific roles who accept they will never be the headline grabbers but know what to do to ensure there are at least headlines to grab?

It sure as shit isn’t Rodgers fulfilling any of those roles. Vardy probably the closest approximation to a Jordan figure, but even Jordan couldn’t do it alone. Schmeichel fancies himself as that person, I suppose. But lol at that.

I thought the boredom under Puel was intolerable. But it’s nothing compared to this gutlessness. I’ve always looked down on the daft taglines like ‘Foxes Never Quit’ or ‘Fearless’. Marketing nonsense for kids. But they did stand for something, at least. They worked for people because they were backed up by fundamental truths. Well now foxes do quit, frequently. And we’re ****ing terrified.

They might be daft little corporate slogans designed to sell a few cheap tshirts. Bt, **** me, don’t we notice when the principles underlying them are AWOL.

Obviously the manager is accountable for the poor form. But surely you can see the other factors in play? Ricardo is a major loss right now, a big period of poor form earlier during the ‘collapse’ you are talking about, we were without N’didi. Our squad depth is what stands out for me as the biggest reason we won’t finish in the top four, and perhaps deservedly so if you compare our squad, sadly, to United’s and Chelsea’s. If we had Klopp in charge, I argue it would be a similar story.
Being without N'didi, Ri'ccardo, Ch'ilwe'll or any other play'er of quality is a problem, I grant you. Spending half the season in relegation form and squandering a 15 point lead is a little more than problematic. It is complete incompetence. Rodg'ers must shoulder the vast proportion of the blame for our season collapse and all of it for tonight's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566