Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
until recently we only had one player out at a time, first Vardy then Wilf then Ricardo, its only the last couple where we haven't had more than one regular starters, injuries simply isn't an excuse

Being without N'didi, Ri'ccardo, Ch'ilwe'll or any other play'er of quality is a problem, I grant you. Spending half the season in relegation form and squandering a 15 point lead is a little more than problematic. It is complete incompetence. Rodg'ers must shoulder the vast proportion of the blame for our season collapse and all of it for tonight's.
It’s Rodgers.

Being without N'didi, Ri'ccardo, Ch'ilwe'll or any other play'er of quality is a problem, I grant you. Spending half the season in relegation form and squandering a 15 point lead is a little more than problematic. It is complete incompetence. Rodg'ers must shoulder the vast proportion of the blame for our season collapse and all of it for tonight's.
Half the season in relegation form. Give me a break.
Bring back N’Guessan.

Also pretty embarrassing to spell Ricardo’s name wrong. Good job I wouldn’t stoop so low to use it in my argument.

But, yes, any Leicester fan ought know by now that it's Ndidi. You can't even blame spell check for the added apostrophe. And that's from someone who has just managed to get his head around the umlauts in Soyuncu and is still struggling with the vowel sequence in Nacho's surname.

Half the season in relegation form. Give me a break.
Bring back N’Guessan.

Also pretty embarrassing to spell Ricardo’s name wrong. Good job I wouldn’t stoop so low to use it in my argument.
Yeah. I'm mortified. Not as much as if I'd publically defended the shower of excrement we saw tonight without so much as a shadow of irony. And yes, our points per game ratio during the second half of the season is about as close to relegation form as you can get without being relegated.

What is ’the mentality of Leicester’?

For me it’s what I’ve seen from us when we’ve been successful.

- Little’s team of overachieving grafters, put together on a shoestring.

- O’Neill’s cleverly assembled squad of talented never-giver-uppers.

- Adams’ mix of experience and play-for-nothingers with the desire to win promotion for a club on its knees.

- Pearson’s two blends of young lads not quite good enough for the big boys, older heads on their way down the ladder and little known flair players entrusted to win games for their more disciplined teammates.

- Ranieri’s bollocks being big enough to change tactical approach halfway through our best ever season, executed perfectly by players who got off on having backs against the wall and beating the odds.

None of that unique to Leicester City. But all vital to truly great teams in all sports. Discipline. Bravery. Comradeship. Desire. Hard work. None of it is sexy, but the sexy stuff isn’t worth a **** without the basics in place.

I’ve just finished watching The Last Dance. I have no interest in basketball but it is a fascinating portrait of what makes a great sports team tick. Stars willing to subsume themselves to the good of the team. Dedication to an aim and an unquenchable desire to work as hard as possible, at the expense of everything else, to achieve that aim. The guts to bollock one another when things are going badly, to set standards.

Where the **** is our (coach) Phil Jackson, forcing our talented players to work their bollocks off for the team, for the city? Where’s our Michael Jordan, setting standards and leading by example? Where are the Pippens’, Rodmans, Paxsons and Kerrs with specific roles who accept they will never be the headline grabbers but know what to do to ensure there are at least headlines to grab?

It sure as shit isn’t Rodgers fulfilling any of those roles. Vardy probably the closest approximation to a Jordan figure, but even Jordan couldn’t do it alone. Schmeichel fancies himself as that person, I suppose. But lol at that.

I thought the boredom under Puel was intolerable. But it’s nothing compared to this gutlessness. I’ve always looked down on the daft taglines like ‘Foxes Never Quit’ or ‘Fearless’. Marketing nonsense for kids. But they did stand for something, at least. They worked for people because they were backed up by fundamental truths. Well now foxes do quit, frequently. And we’re ****ing terrified.

They might be daft little corporate slogans designed to sell a few cheap tshirts. Bt, **** me, don’t we notice when the principles underlying them are AWOL.

To this, great post. Can’t argue with most of that.

Instead of mentality, maybe I should have said vision.
In those great Leicester sides we over achieved and did greater than what was expected. We have this season achieved above expectations, regardless of how shite the finish is.

If we were finishing bottom half, I’d be getting Frank de Boer’s number on quick dial as well.

Yeah. I'm mortified. Not as much as if I'd publically defended the shower of excrement we saw tonight without so much as a shadow of irony. And yes, our points per game ratio during the second half of the season is about as close to relegation form as you can get without being relegated.
I don’t believe I defended tonight’s performance once. This was the first game I can remember where I have stopped watching before the final whistle, and we’ve endured some shockers before. Tonight was horrendous and inexcusable from several individuals.

1. No one has said he should be sacked today.
2. You realise there are more managers than those three, yeah?
No one has said he should be sacked? Is this thread a nod to Top to slap Brendan on the wrist.
A thread entitled ‘Brendan’s Future’ surely isn’t about planning his retirement party.

I’m fuming and so talking bollocks but right now I just want a bit of a bastard. Dyche, Wilder, Pearson. Managers who make teams. Even if they’re a bit shitter than what we have spent the season aspiring to.

Problem is, not one of the ****ers would join us.

No one has said he should be sacked? Is this thread a nod to Top to slap Brendan on the wrist.
A thread entitled ‘Brendan’s Future’ surely isn’t about planning his retirement party.
No. Its about what his future may be. Sorry, are you having some sort of embolism?

Jesus Christ and Marmite on toast, please no to Pearson.

As I said, I’m angry. Ideally I want somebody with the ability to get us playing attacking football, who is tactically able to mix things up when necessary, and who can make tough decisions and dish out bollockings when necessary. I realise those managers don’t come along very often, but after tonight I’ll just take the tough decisions and dishing out bollockings bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566