Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot seriously sack Rodgers given the start he made with us. On the 13th December, we were 2nd with 38 points from 16 matches. That was a massive over-achievement and the credit has to go to him for it.

Since then, we have had half a season - 19 matches - and we've taken 21 points (W5 D6 L8). If we'd started the season with that record, he'd have been gone. No question.

BR is on a worse run than Ranieri, Shakespeare or Puel when they got sacked. So it is only his earlier record that means he is secure.

The issue I have is that nobody but nobody has challenged him in interviews or press conferences. The previous three managers got tough questioning about their decisions. There is a blind spot with BR. It's as though they don't think he can be challenged because of the start he made.

What is clear is that the last few months have been inept from BR and the squad. I think the key was the Arsenal link and us panicking and handing him a massive new contract on money that dwarfed all our players. Maybe it wasn't but it's one hell of a coincidence.

It can only happen to Leicester City. The highs and the lows.

I think there's a lot in this.

Which in itself shows up football for the ridiculous unreality that it is.

I mean imagine...your boss gets paid more than you do? What insanity is that?!

No wonder they've got a bottom lip on.

Can you imagine the response these boards got when Klopp started at Liverpool? I cannot believe the nonsense on here at the moment. Sack the manager? No, absolutely not. Back him and see what he can do for this club, he's much better than the latest results show.
No. He's as good as his results are showing.

Not a chance we should be sacking him at all, even if we end up outside the CL spots.

He's been over performing with a squad that's young, in development and in need of some crucial signings.

I think he's looking unsure of what to do when things aren't going right, because he has very limited options outside of the first XI and 2-3 others.

With Ricardo out, we're looking even shorter on ideas.

Our wingers are very average, Tielemans has been way off his last season form, so we rely pretty much on Maddison and Chilwell to have any chance of creating anything.

Brendan is a good manager. I'm not saying he's perfect, and he's not doing the best he can right now, but we will be far better in the long run sticking by him now.

We lack strong characters, and he's also maybe not the strongest as well to help rally them across the line. But without him, we wouldn't even be in the position to 'bottle it' in the first place.

For now, I'm stuck for how to improve it. But sacking Rodgers isn't the answer.

Add some more good attacking options and 1 or 2 experienced players next season will make a big difference.

I also think the lack of fans and atmosphere won't be helping us. Vardy in particular thrives from the fans. I think for our team as a whole, with them all being quiet and largely inexperienced, they need the crowd to be the ones pulling them over the line.
Whilst I agree with what you've saying we have just been horse whipped by the 2nd worst team in the league and to be honest it really wasn't a surprise which is very concerning

Can this thread be re-titled, ‘Rodgers’ failure’ please.

laughing stock.

This is a building job. We don't have a squad that can deal with losing players as we have yet. Give him time.

So changing shit when we had the upper hand was a good idea? We went to shit after.
Sky seem to be saying Nacho was injured, I would have gone for Barnes but it was hardly a terrible idea to put Praet on

Sky seem to be saying Nacho was injured, I would have gone for Barnes but it was hardly a terrible idea to put Praet on
Yes it ****ing was. We needed to attack them and get a second. They were there for the taking. Instead, we put a defensive player on who doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his body.

Even if you don't agree with this, what excuse are you going to make up for him taking off Perez when we were a goal down? That was even more ****ing baffling.

We've just lost against a team where solanke can shine. Ted has totally ****ed up.

We've just lost against a team where solanke can shine. Ted has totally ****ed up.
He scored his first goals for Bournemouth today. Surprise surprise.

Yes it ****ing was. We needed to attack them and get a second. They were there for the taking. Instead, we put a defensive player on who doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his body.

Even if you don't agree with this, what excuse are you going to make up for him taking off Perez when we were a goal down? That was even more ****ing baffling.
I would have gone for Barnes I have no idea why he took Perez off, he should have taken Wilf off at that point

Has he gone yet?

Can we learn from this the second coming of Craig Levein. Those subs might work up in Scotland where the level of the clubs at the bottom is akin to league 1. Doesn’t work here. They haven’t really started signing players yet, but the thought of the man who masterminded Sunderland’s magnificent decline having a say in who we should sign ****ing chills me to the bone.

Can you imagine the response these boards got when Klopp started at Liverpool? I cannot believe the nonsense on here at the moment. Sack the manager? No, absolutely not. Back him and see what he can do for this club, he's much better than the latest results show.

Klopp had a previous record of high level success. Rodgers doesn't. He has a history of success in a league Sunderland could win if they were allowed to join it. That might have something to do with it.

His Liverpool team bottled it. Then slid into **** all the following season.

Is that a coincidence? Or something deeper?

Time will tell i guess.

his Liverpool team that slid also sold Suarez and didn't replace him
Klopp's team sold Coutinho. Didn't really replace him. People said it would be the undoing of them.... Guess a proper manager knows how to deal with situations like that.

So, he was tactically foolish then; exactly the point you were arguing against? Strange.
at half time? he brought on another passing midfielder to help control the game and also let Tielemans get forward more, hardly foolish, it didn't work clearly but that doesn't make the decision itself foolish, Barnes for Perez was probably preplanned and they didn't react to the situation to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566