Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won the Premier League and sacked Ranieri.

Why? Because something was obviously fundamentally wrong. Like it is now.

I hope he turns it around, but I can’t see any positives at all to suggest he will.

It's way too early to make that call though. Ranieri was given until late February with us one place and one point outside the relegation positions. We'd just been dumped out of the FA Cup by Millwall and lost five PL matches in a row.

Rodgers has made some pretty obvious and fundamental mistakes this season. We can all see that. However, he has to be given the opportunity to rectify them and there are mitigating circumstances.

If we are in serious shit in January, I will probably change my mind but he's got far too much credit in the bank right now.

It's way too early to make that call though. Ranieri was given until late February with us one place and one point outside the relegation positions. We'd just been dumped out of the FA Cup by Millwall and lost five PL matches in a row.

Rodgers has made some pretty obvious and fundamental mistakes this season. We can all see that. However, he has to be given the opportunity to rectify them and there are mitigating circumstances.

If we are in serious shit in January, I will probably change my mind but he's got far too much credit in the bank right now.
Yep. This is exactly where I am.

Ranieri had also lost the dresssing room I believe and was taking us down.

What concerns me more is that I think the players are completely behind Rodgers.
Well, if that is the case then our problems are very short term.

Do you think that if we had Evans, Fofana and Justin fit we would be 13th?

If the answer to that is no, then we will be more than ok.

Well, if that is the case then our problems are very short term.

Do you think that if we had Evans, Fofana and Justin fit we would be 13th?

If the answer to that is no, then we will be more than ok.
Having those three defenders out isn’t the reason for our slow, pedestrian, predictable, boring style of football…and isn’t the reason why we struggle to create opportunities in front of goal.

Having those three out isn’t the reason why we start with baffling lineups, make ridiculous substitutions, and still never play the player who should be the first name on the team sheet right now.

Having those three back will not be the answers to all our problems. We’ve had similar injury problems for the last two years. It’s time to stop making excuses.

Having those three defenders out isn’t the reason for our slow, pedestrian, predictable, boring style of football…and isn’t the reason why we struggle to create opportunities in front of goal.

Having those three out isn’t the reason why we start with baffling lineups, make ridiculous substitutions, and still never play the player who should be the first name on the team sheet right now.

Having those three back will not be the answers to all our problems. We’ve had similar injury problems for the last two years. It’s time to stop making excuses.
I get what you are saying but football isn’t as linear as that.

Players naturally look to each other to do something different.

For instance Fofana pretty much (bar Justin) brings the ball out from deep to find a pass to transition quickly to midfield and link to the full backs to power forward. Without that we are trying to pick a pass that will open up the defence or go between the lines. As we are currently witnessing, without that we are flat and the balll recycles back and forward with no penetration. We are trying to play a system currently with one arm tied behind our back.

I do understand Rodgers sticking with our new “style” but can see that when it isn’t dynamic it is Puelesque and turgid with players unsure where to go with the ball.

Agree with everything CF said. We also don't know if any of Evans, Fofana, or Justin will be fully fit this season. Is Rodgers powerless to improve the team until all three are back at their peak? Is there noting he can do in terms of selection or tactics, etc. in the meantime?

Possibly. They wouldn’t trust him with the transfer kitty though.

It would be a very Newcastle thing to do if they did.

Imagine Congerton with £1bn transfer fund.

They could resign Ayoze Perez with that budget!
They’ll spend their whole transfer budget on a third choice striker, and a midfielder who is no better than one they shipped out on loan.

Oh yeah, and a carthorse at centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363