Post Match Roma 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our biggest summer breaks in a long time. Soyuncu, Perez, Nacho and Youri on their way? Evans and Vardy not going to be able to play every week. Time to look for an alternative to Kasper?

Looks like BR will still be here, the summer will decide if he is still here at Xmas.

That was appalling. Sloppy passing, absurdly bad first touches, nonexistent set piece preparation yet again, frustrating from start to finish. Second best to a team who were pretty ordinary as far as this level goes, and not helped at all by officiating that likely should be investigated. Overall a terrible advert for the competition.
This.

The ref was either crooked or completely inept. Noticed him having a nice chinwag with two Roma players in the tunnel before the second half before completely blanking out lot.

Not having the Roma played him argument. Called every 50/50 in their favour as well as several blatantly incorrect throw ins, fouls and corners. It was egregious.

Not to mention VAR should have told him to review the penalty because it was about as obvious a foul as you can commit without tripping or kicking someone.

Pedestrian, careless, brainless football. Both sides were ****ing rubbish but we just didn't have the balls to throw everything at it.

We looked devoid of any ideas and we had so little quality to be able to bring on to change the game. We also look completely shagged out.

This season has been hard and we haven't turned up for the most part but these blokes haven't become bad players overnight. Ndidi, Barnes, Vardy, Tielemans Ricardo, Castagne; they have all had many really poor games but they aren't poor players. We need to figure out why this has happened. I don't buy that it is all the manager's fault; these same players were excellent under him for 2 seasons. I'm not absolving him from any responsibility however; like the players he must shoulder some.

I don't think next season will be half as bad as some think. I don't know of course, but it just feels as if we needed this season to bring home some truths about what we need to move forward. This season is a write off but it shouldn't be swept under the carpet. We must use it as a learning curve.

This.

The ref was either crooked or completely inept. Noticed him having a nice chinwag with two Roma players in the tunnel before the second half before completely blanking out lot.

Not having the Roma played him argument. Called every 50/50 in their favour as well as several blatantly incorrect throw ins, fouls and corners. It was egregious.

Ah. Ted.....Ted, Ted, Ted,Ted, Ted....just say it mate. The Italian sides are bent as ****. They've been caught out as being bent as **** and just don't care.

I'm not having much criticism of us tonight.

BR picked the wrong side and formation. However, at least he recognised it and changed it early. I thought we did well second half.

In the two games against Rennes, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. We won.

In the two games against PSV, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. We won.

In the two games against Roma, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. They won.

We didn't get the breaks tonight but we gave the tie away with the idiotic decision to man mark Abraham with Ricardo at set pieces. Frankly, that's a decision no competent coaching staff should be making.

Going for the ref or the approach of Roma is sore loser behaviour. Either you adapt to how games are played in europe or you don't. Every defeat in europe ends in complaining about the same shit. It's boring.

If there is a bright side to all this, at least the Thursday/Sunday misery of the last two seasons is over. It has battered our squad.
BN, I usually like your posts. But this doesn’t make sense to me.
“I thought we did well second half”. Can you provide three examples of things we did well in that half? I saw nothing. We were a goal down with no attacking intent whatsoever. What did we do to change the tie exactly?

This.

Not to mention VAR should have told him to review the penalty because it was about as obvious a foul as you can commit without tripping or kicking someone.
The goal kick / corner thing was particularly clear cut

I expected the penalty to be given, at least reviewed.

If that had been given against us I wouldn’t have complained. We have conceded softer.

I’m sure UEFA will be happy the way Europe‘Heavyweights’ Roma celebrated at getting to their new final.

Were you there when we were in league one and do you want a badge for that? Are we not allowed to look at games in isolation and say it was a shit performance?
Yep, no problem with that. The issue is the people who believe that this season has be a write off. Jesus fecking Christ. I remember shouting Pleat out. Now that was fecking terrible.

I'm not having much criticism of us tonight.

BR picked the wrong side and formation. However, at least he recognised it and changed it early. I thought we did well second half.

In the two games against Rennes, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. We won.

In the two games against PSV, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. We won.

In the two games against Roma, there was absolutely nothing between the two sides. They won.

We didn't get the breaks tonight but we gave the tie away with the idiotic decision to man mark Abraham with Ricardo at set pieces. Frankly, that's a decision no competent coaching staff should be making.

Going for the ref or the approach of Roma is sore loser behaviour. Either you adapt to how games are played in europe or you don't. Every defeat in europe ends in complaining about the same shit. It's boring.

If there is a bright side to all this, at least the Thursday/Sunday misery of the last two seasons is over. It has battered our squad.
Complete and utter horse shit.

When a referee and his assistants can't give a corner or a throw in correctly it is incompetent at best and plain ****ing corruption at worst. It isn't being a sore loser to call out the referee for being as bent like Zebedee with rickets and a curvarure of the spine. No matter how shit we were, and we really, really were, that doesn't alter the fact that the officials were laughably and blatantly all in a pocket.

BN, I usually like your posts. But this doesn’t make sense to me.
“I thought we did well second half”. Can you provide three examples of things we did well in that half? I saw nothing. We were a goal down with no attacking intent whatsoever. What did we do to change the tie exactly?

Well. we had two shots on target in the match and they were both in the second half. We almost got Vardy in and if Maddison could shoot straight there were opportunities there.

We played almost the entire second half in their half of the pitch. We controlled the possession and didn't look like conceding.

In the first half, we were all over the place. Roma were prepared for exactly what we were doing and did a job on us. For some inexplicable reason, we thought that Barnes would go from the most inept player I've seen in years in recent weeks to a capable left winger.

I've been going on about us not creating enough for weeks now. Tonight was another perfect example of it. Maddison worked his socks off but his delivery and creativity was zero.

If you give up sloppy goals by being incapable of basic defending and you're not creating much, you're not going to win many games.

Yep, no problem with that. The issue is the people who believe that this season has be a write off. Jesus fecking Christ. I remember shouting Pleat out. Now that was fecking terrible.

The last month or so we've done nowt because this game was the important one. Unfortunately we've just been rehearsing for this tepid passive defeat. This season is a write off. The club binned the league off to concentrate on the UEFA JPT that we also don't want to win. It's a safety season and nothing more?

Development for us relied on having someone in place to replace players we lose. This summer is very concerning. There is no quality to replace those who want out. Daka, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare. None of them are good enough.

Add to the problem that our talisman is now very old, and several seem to want out… it’s not a pretty picture.

I fear for us next year.

I expected the penalty to be given, at least reviewed.

If that had been given against us I wouldn’t have complained. We have conceded softer.

I’m sure UEFA will be happy the way Europe‘Heavyweights’ Roma celebrated at getting to their new final.
It’s one of those when you can’t do much but shrug your shoulders. It’s so obvious what happened….

Jokes on them because they’d have had a much more entertaining match because there would have been another comeback story, we’d have had **** all hope of holding on to a lead.

Development for us relied on having someone in place to replace players we lose. This summer is very concerning. There is no quality to replace those who want out. Daka, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare. None of them are good enough.

Add to the problem that our talisman is now very old, and several seem to want out… it’s not a pretty picture.

I fear for us next year.
Agreed. I said a few months ago that I can see us battling relegation next season.

Well. we had two shots on target in the match and they were both in the second half. We almost got Vardy in and if Maddison could shoot straight there were opportunities there.

We played almost the entire second half in their half of the pitch. We controlled the possession and didn't look like conceding.

In the first half, we were all over the place. Roma were prepared for exactly what we were doing and did a job on us. For some inexplicable reason, we thought that Barnes would go from the most inept player I've seen in years in recent weeks to a capable left winger.

I've been going on about us not creating enough for weeks now. Tonight was another perfect example of it. Maddison worked his socks off but his delivery and creativity was zero.

If you give up sloppy goals by being incapable of basic defending and you're not creating much, you're not going to win many games.
Two terrible shots from range with no threat, and some speculation.

Not exactly much to hang your hat on there…

The last month or so we've done nowt because this game was the important one. Unfortunately we've just been rehearsing for this tepid passive defeat. This season is a write off. The club binned the league off to concentrate on the UEFA JPT that we also don't want to win. It's a safety season and nothing more?
I disagree. Absolutely no season is a write off. There are always things to be gained and learnt from in every season. We have yet again seen our team travel abroad and play in European competition. We've been spoilt.

On the other hand, not getting into Europe might be the best thing for us. It has well and truly ****ed our squad this season.

Oh my God, I can cancel my BT Sport subscription! Definite silver lining there.

Cheers BN, that has cheered me up!

Is this sarcasm? Not sure because McManaman or whatever is ****ing awful

Dodgy ref but no complaints. Conceded from yet another corner, early on to settle the home crowd. Rodgers got the formation all wrong. Didn't manage a shot on target until 80 mins. Second best to a not particularly impressive Roma performance. Rubbish given the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669